Sponsored

Will I regret not upgrading any of my build? (specifically Sasquatch)

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually I think the front camera is in the high package, but honestly if I could add the B&O audio w/sub without adding the Lux, I probably would and go without the other features.
correct. I have the high and have the full camera package. front, rear, both side mirrors. What is missing from high to lux is BnO, Wireless charge pad, heated steering, Adaptive Cruise...I think thats it. If you like these extras then get the Lux. For me the reviews on the BnO are not that great. People with them have upgraded already. So that wasn't worth it for me. The wireless charger has gotten horrible reviews (overheating, stops working, trickle charges). Not a real want. heated steering, I live in SoCal, no need. Adaptive Cruise is the only thing that I could possibly use but wasn't worth the extra...$3k is it?
Sponsored

Suthrncop66

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I had a Wrangler soft top on 37’s running mud tires, what noise??
actually it seems pretty quiet but that might be because I was in the Jeep 8 years

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
EDIT: Update here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ild-specifically-sasquatch.78544/post-2004127

I'm about to place my order, and have prioritized creature comforts and technology over suspension and tires. I'll be mostly taking road trips with my family, so I'm going Outer Banks 2.7, Lux and tow packages, dual tops, regular PT drive, 3.7 gears, and 32" tires. I'm mostly curious if it's possible to upgrade to the 35" tires a few years down the road since I don't have a need currently and would rather prioritize gas mileage and ride and save the cost.
  • Will the 3.7 gears be OK with larger wheels/tires?
  • Would I still have to upgrade the suspension?
  • Will I miss the locking front and rear diffs?
  • Should I opt for the 4.27/rear locking diff now? (only $795 upgrade as opposed to the $5k Sasquatch package)
  • Anything else that is difficult/expensive to upgrade later?
TIA!
I’d recommend you add the 4.27 gearing if you intend to go to bigger tires. I added this gearing to my OBX and w/32 in tires I’m gettin 22 mpg on the freeway at 75 mph. 2100 RPM at 70mph and I’m very happy.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2DR Badlands with Lux non squatch. The main reason for the squatch was im sometimes pulling a 18' boat so didnt want the higher center of gravity with the short wheelbase and also it wouldnt fit in my garage if it was that much taller. First thing I did was go to Moab and hit some trails, I was blown away with what I could do so no regrets on the sasquatch. I do love the lux features, stereo could be better but still rocks and adaptive cruise is really nice, the misses loves the heated seats which I dont care too much about. You can always put a lift on it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

alancorman1

Badlands
First Name
Corman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously just my opinion here. Prioritize the off road ability and down play all the lux stuff. Seems like most people who are less than satisfied with their Bronco are those who have tried to make it what it is not. Adding more electronics and tech won't make it luxury. Just more expensive and more to complain about when it doesn't work.

To answer your question though, you can always upgrade whatever you want down the road, if you still have it.
Drop the soft top. There are plenty available in marketplace for what Ford charges for them.

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shocking. Truly shocking.
Ford Bronco Will I regret not upgrading any of my build? (specifically Sasquatch) 1690942122650

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a Badlands SAS with Lux and just completed about 1800 miles from NC to Albany to Buffalo and back to NC.

It was a great road trip vehicle. There were 3 of us so storage was sufficient. Hard top and noise is fine for me but that can be very subjective.

Jboz5010

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim Bozarth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the very least, upgrade to the 4.27s and rear locker. Open diffs make no sense on a 4WD.
I basically have your same build, high package not Lux. I did upgrade to the 4.27 rear locker. I added 35's and a 2 inch lift. I've made several road trips and am very happy with my Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use it all the time in my Mazda 🤷‍♂️ How is it not useful for road trips? The whole purpose is to automatically adjust distance when the person in front of you slows/speeds up which happens all the time on road trips.

Also true, but not available for manual.
If someone is going slower than me on a road trip, then the last thing I want is for the car to slow down. I'm going to speed up and pass them.

Fortunately, you can turn off that feature.

Manual is not available until next year.

Also, the cruse in the Bronco is weird. It does NOT kick off when you press in the clutch. Drives me nuts. Every Ford I've had for 25 years, clutch or brake kicks out cruise. New Bronco "nah, we're going to change it 'cause screw you"

Sponsored
OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If someone is going slower than me on a road trip, then the last thing I want is for the car to slow down. I'm going to speed up and pass them.
I guess, but many times you can't because there is too much traffic

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, the cruse in the Bronco is weird. It does NOT kick off when you press in the clutch. Drives me nuts. Every Ford I've had for 25 years, clutch or brake kicks out cruise. New Bronco "nah, we're going to change it 'cause screw you"
I like this feature a lot. I use cruise in town (speed traps) and I can just coast with the clutch in as needed and sometimes shift down then back up as I regain speed all with the cruise on.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like this feature a lot. I use cruise in town (speed traps) and I can just coast with the clutch in as needed and sometimes shift down then back up as I regain speed all with the cruise on.
When I hit a speed trap I want to tap the clutch and have cruse turn off. I want to engine brake, not coast. That's how it's worked in every Ford I have owned since at least the late 80s.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I hit a speed trap I want to tap the clutch and have cruse turn off. I want to engine brake, not coast. That's how it's worked in every Ford I have owned since at least the late 80s.
I set my cruise at the speed limit, I don't need to to brake.
I've also taught myself over the years to throttle by cruise control and many times can just lower the cruise setting to slow down and just bump it up again as needed.

Seal714

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph TR6, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like firm riding vehicles, but I find it plenty comfortable. I am not sure I understand people who need super-luxury for a road trip. In my old Land Rover Disco, for example, I would not have the high riding position (mine is a sas) and I love the effortless torque of the 6 (once you get going). And if where you are going is a place where you get to play, i.e., get dirty, this is far better.
Sponsored