Window tint price

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I took my second key back to dealer from my trade and the tint guy was there so the finance guy had my front doors tinted and 3M clear tape door edge guards done for free. (y)
Sponsored

AZMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus / Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door also, $350 for all 5 windows with ceramic tint(I live in AZ). Up front 30/35%(whatever was legal limit). The rear 3 have the factory privacy glass with additional 20% tint. Its perfect!

20211225_105708.jpg

20211225_105656.jpg
Where did you get this done? I am out in AZ as well.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base 2 door with hard top. Just wondering if anyone has had there windows tinted. I called around here(Oklahoma) and there asking around $300. Ive never had to pay for tinting as my other vehicles have always came pre tinted. So is that a high price due to the pandemic and I should wait, or normal and go ahead and get it done. Thanks
$95 here in East Texas. Two door, front windows only with 35% (legal in TX) 3M film.

Sponsored

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, if you're having 2 windows done that sounds maybe a tad high.

I had all four windows done. Front driver and passenger sides tinted to match the rears, as well as a clear tint (but UV blocking) over the rears that had the privacy glass from the factory.

$350 all in.
Same exact cost here in pricey SF Bay Area (CA). However, I just got a fix-it ticket since the state doesn't allow driver/passenger window tint and the tint place said "don't worry." Your $300 sounds OK to me.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got a fix-it ticket since the state doesn't allow driver/passenger window tint and the tint place said "don't worry."
Google seems pretty insistent that CA allows a very light tint of 70% VLT. Which isn't very dark.

How dark did you go?

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tinted my base 2 door today. 20% for windows on the mic top. 50% on the door windows. $165 for all 5 windows. A-Team auto wrap and window tint, Toledo OH, best business people ever seen.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. I’ve never had windows tinted. I have a Base 2-door and would like to have the back and rear side windows tinted. Here’s the question: Do they apply the tint from the inside, or the outside and if it’s inside how do they avoid screwing up your rear defroster?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. I’ve never had windows tinted. I have a Base 2-door and would like to have the back and rear side windows tinted. Here’s the question: Do they apply the tint from the inside, or the outside and if it’s inside how do they avoid screwing up your rear defroster?
t goes on the inside and you hire a pro so they don't screw up the defroster. It is a craft, and the best have a lot of experience.

Sponsored

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Highly recommended shop here in Denver just quoted me $1190 for XR Plus all windows on a four door and windshield

seems steep

still calling around

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the same for my 2-door in south LA and would have paid $550ish, but got a veteran discount, on Veteran's Day.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is an old thread...

In Phoenix metro I got quotes of $350-400 for Carbon, and $550-650 for ceramic.

Dealer did ceramic for $500 so had it done before I picked it up.

Did 35 front side windows (max legal in AZ), and 20 on the clamshell (rear and sides). Windshield is not legal here.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$150 for the 2 Fronts. The girl did my PPF last month ---- got all painted surfaces covered. She did a great job!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cool story.

All I know is I took a heat lamp to the rear passenger side windows and it was damn near as hot on the inside of the glass as it was on the outside.

Quite a simple test to see if I needed to put clear ceramic film on the rear to provide the level of UV/radiant heat reduction I wanted.

To each their own.
I'm not saying that tint doesn't help, just that factory glass has gotten better. I have aftermarket tint on 5 of my 6 vehicles and 3M window tint, including some 3M Security Window Film on some of our home windows as well. FWIW, I worked for 3M Automotive Aftermarket for the last 22 years of my career so I'm a big fan of window tint and PPF. My Bronco has a full PPF wrap protecting it. :)
Sponsored