First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for bumping a old thread. Did you have to remove the light pods from the cowl?
Yes, and I did that the night before they came to my house and re-installed before our test drive to reset the windshield camera.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, does the high package require any special calibration for front windshield glass replacement? Or is this just for the Lux?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Howdy, does the high package require any special calibration for front windshield glass replacement? Or is this just for the Lux?
All Broncos have the collision avoidance camera in the windshield, regardless of trim.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting replaced right now. OEM glass. As others have stated, tech said he will need to take it for a drive to recalibrate.

Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement 751A43B8-7C69-495B-86FB-46D8AACB55FD

Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement 092CC4B4-0C41-4293-A650-4EBA638FF1C1

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting replaced right now. OEM glass. As others have stated, tech said he will need to take it for a drive to recalibrate.

If you don't mind possibly helping me with a question, I went to schedule my windshield replacement and there is a question that asked if the windshield has "Bronco" at the top. Is this a mistake on satellites site and is that the option for the windshield with Bronco on the bottom corner like OEM? I want to make sure that I get an OEM or at least an OEM looking windshield.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't mind possibly helping me with a question, I went to schedule my windshield replacement and there is a question that asked if the windshield has "Bronco" at the top. Is this a mistake on satellites site and is that the option for the windshield with Bronco on the bottom corner like OEM? I want to make sure that I get an OEM or at least an OEM looking windshield.
I said yes to that question. I think it is a mistake on their part that the bronco script is at the top and not bottom driver side.

ETA: look it over good after install, new windshield had a huge scratch on the inside. Now I need to wait to get it replaced again. 😩

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone replaced their windshield yet on their Bronco?

Was curious what the experience was like. Was driving down a local highway last week when something came out of nowhere and slammed into my windshield. Was so loud - scared the shit out of me and my wife.

Anyways, called around to a few places - but no one seems to be able to replace the windshield. I'm told i have to take it to a dealer - where the price is nuts. And most glass repair shops want to charge me $300 just treat the spot, and keep it from growing. Anyways, any advice here would be helpful!

Thanks
Yeah, I broke mine after only a few thousand miles. Getting it replaced was a pain, took over a month to get an OEM windshield in stock. Meanwhile I was driving around with a massive crack right in my field of view. Luckily it wasn't any worse or I don't know what I would have done. What do you do if its broken so badly that you can't drive safely and no windshield is available for a month or even just a week?

I put this film on, so I wouldn't have to deal with that misadventure again: https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit

Its coming up on the better part of a year since I put it on and its working great.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine replaced several months ago. I did not order the OEM windshield just went with what Safelite had in stock. I did not even think about asking for them to get an OEM one, c'est la vie! Deductible was $100 with Allstate.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine broke in January of last year. I didn't get it replaced until September just because it wasn't bad enough to worry about it(so many windshields get broken here that they don't ticket you unless your vision is completely obscured, and probably not even then). When it was time, I called my local windshield repair place and made an appointment for the next day. They gave me an aftermarket windshield so I was a little disappointed but I have windshield insurance on the Bronco so there's not much I could do.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have replaced mine 3 times now. lol. Thank God I got the zero-dollar deductible windshield replacement thing on my policy.

Wildtrak2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is300
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone replaced their windshield yet on their Bronco?

Was curious what the experience was like. Was driving down a local highway last week when something came out of nowhere and slammed into my windshield. Was so loud - scared the shit out of me and my wife.

Anyways, called around to a few places - but no one seems to be able to replace the windshield. I'm told i have to take it to a dealer - where the price is nuts. And most glass repair shops want to charge me $300 just treat the spot, and keep it from growing. Anyways, any advice here would be helpful!

Thanks

Safe lite glass company !! I replace mind 3 day after delivery! Insurance claim

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the aftermarket windshields (non OEM) proving to be any better?

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If its just a rock circle can they just fill that in?

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious just trying to get an idea…Safelite wants $1,300 to replace my windshield. Does this sound correct?
Sponsored