Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rock chips are going to be a constant struggle with these, I had same issue with my FJ Cruiser, luckily these are being built now and there should be plenty replacements made available so it wont be too much of a pain to get them replaced.

When the road team brought the Broncos to the local dealership to show off, they got a chip in one of the windshields on the way and the dealership replaced it, but I imagine when you are a marketing team for Ford you get much better access to parts than everyone else.
Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you can get it fixed. Supposedly they can repair a crack if it's not longer than a dollar bill. I had to replace the windshield in my Audi after only a couple thousand miles and it had to go to the dealer to have everything calibrated because Safelite couldn't do it on site. Definitely use OEM glass as has been said previously. Good luck!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the world of having a nearly vertical windshield. My friend has an FJ and in 9 years he's replaced his windshield 4 times. 1st one was in just a few months of ownership.

Do yourself a favor of avoiding driving behind any type of construction vehicle like the plague especially dump trucks.
And other 4x4s, including other Broncos with flare deletes.

Unfortunately most of my chips have been caused by rocks thrown up from traffic going the opposite direction, not tailgating can't save you from those.

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4dr Big Bend delivery 7/21 - my second chip at 3500 miles. 1st, dead center of windshield. Small pebble off a sand dune (I live in OBX). No traffic and 55MPH. Repaired at Safelite. Second one just happened at 70MPH on highway. Center of windshield about three inches up. Going to get repaired; my insurance company does $0 on repairs and I was given an option to change my comprehensive coverage to $0 deductible as I was told Farm Bureau doesn’t offer a separate glass deductible apart from the repair. Finding out about how many repairs they will cover in a given timeframe and about any penalties for the claims.

When I do go through the replacement, will add a protective film to the windshield.
Sponsored