MotoFish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lasted 98 miles on the drive home from the dealer. On coming semi kicked up something. Hopefully the chip repair will keep it from cracking across the windshield.
Sponsored

Cameron

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.7l 2 Door BD , '99 Buell X1, '07 DRZ-400
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just over 5,000 miles here before my windshield was toast. Got a small chip behind the rearview mirror and within 3 or 4 days, it turned into 2 separate cracks running vertically for an inch or two, then both cracks started running horizontally. The driver side crack has since run to the r side of the steering wheel, while the passenger side has run out to the edge of the windshield wiper's path.
Just sent a quote request to a local glass shop. Fortunately, I was aware of the very likely chip/crack/break issue w/my truck so I opted for a $250 comprehensive deductible. Much easier to swallow than $800 or so out of pocket! Hopefully this windshield will last longer...

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it happened to me now, big crack up my windshield , the bummer thing is a mustang passed me very fast yesterday a I think that’s the one who did it, sucks to be cracked by a fellow horse man.

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first Bronco had 4,500 miles before I sold it, no aeroskin, and no windshield issues.

The second Bronco (installed aeroskin as soon as I bought it) got the 1st chip in 5 days and 180 miles. At about 5,000 miles, the chip grew into a crack across the windshield. Replacing it next week under insurance. Have a $50 deductible on comprehensive so it won't break the bank.

Also have Ford ESP Premium Care - does anyone know if it covers windshield damage? If not, I'll read the fine print....

Igotsoul4u

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Mercedes GLC43
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Literally happened on my final test ride, first highway test. Taking it back for free repair. Maybe the windshield repair thing was a good idea.

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2nd day of ownership driving back to the dealership to drop off trade in title.. Less than 75 miles right in the center, started as a rock chip and now the crack is about 4 inches up my windshield.. Bought on 3-31 -23 and cracked the next day!! Grrrrrrr

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made it to 5 digits and counting. Knock on wood.

Being careful who you follow and how close does help a lot. Those wild strays from oncoming cars are just luck of the draw, no preventative driving for that.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my first rock hit the windshield today. Just left my driveway and about 5 houses down on my left the guy was edging the curb with his weed eater with steel blade and as I came up on him I saw the weed eater kick a quarter size stone out into the air. I quickly stopped and I lost sight of it for a sec then it hit my windshield and landed on my hood spoiler. Luckily it did not chip or crack. He turned around and thought I wanted to talk, I said no you kicked a stone up and hit my windshield. So he politely went over and grabbed it off my hood.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a chip and a crack today I am at 3100 miles..... put me in a bad mood it did..... Still grumpy about it.

Safelite is coming Tuesday to see if they can repair it.

Hopefully it doesn't worsen before than.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little over 19000, while at Bronco Super Celebration East.

Sponsored

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I win this category with a quarter size rock chip 91 miles on the Bronco. Day one of ownership WTH
About 600 miles, if I remember right. Now I have 5 large chips. Sucks, but none have traveled or cracked yet. Everytime I drive to Orlando, I get a new one.
I had a dolly wheel hit the top of my windshield and metal frame part, weirdly, it never cracked. A car in front of us ran over a 2x4 and flipped it into my driver's side mirror, breaking it.

Last edited:

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got a chip and a crack today I am at 3100 miles..... put me in a bad mood it did..... Still grumpy about it.

Safelite is coming Tuesday to see if they can repair it.

Hopefully it doesn't worsen before than.
Did you see the thread with the Safelite guy sitting on the open doors damaging the Bronco? Be careful.

Last edited:

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see the thread with the Safelite guy sitting on the open doors damaging the Bronco? Be careful.

I did see that thread. I am thinking I may take my doors of because of it.....

I need to take them off anyway as I did buy the tube doors and I need to make sure they fit and all as I have seen a few threads on here where they don't ....

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I win this category with a quarter size rock chip 91 miles on the Bronco. Day one of ownership WTH
One tiny ping right out the gate 1k in. Now at 17k it extends across the entire windshield and I’m not getting it repaired.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, non in the windshield. I do have
clearly a rock chip right at the center above the glass, so any lower it would’ve been a glass crack im sure
Sponsored