Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally got out in some rain last night. It wasn't super steady but whenever I was rolling I needed them on low for sure. Only time it reduced to intermittent was when I was sitting at a stop light with the wind at my back... So TBD on my Bronco.

That said, I agree that this is a ridiculous problem to have. In what world should the wiper motor crapping out on a new car be a concern? I don't need Ford deciding when I should be running my wipers on which speed. If you want to put a sensor setting in, great. But don't break the basic functionality of low/high. Hopefully all the NHTSA reports will force them to look at this.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 BadSquatch 2.7L Low tech package.
Same anomaly, wipers fail to maintain cadence and slow down unpredictably causing unsafe visibility. Report submitted.

Knittel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I experienced this today. First time driving in heavy rain. Wow, this is very dangerous. Someone is going to die. I cannot get the wipers to stay on for more than 30 seconds.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made a reply to this post earlier. I have the same issue. @Ford Motor Company reached out to me on the forum, called me and advised I schedule an appointment with the dealership. I dropped it off last Friday and just picked it up yesterday. The dealership was 'not able to replicate the issue" and stated the "wipers are working as intended". Luckily they were not asking for any money, but I was without my daily driver for a few days.

Not sure how accurate this is, but while the Bronco was at the dealer, I checked my Ford Pass app to see the location of my Bronco. It moved twice on Friday when I dropped it off, and then sat in the same spot in the parking lot until Wednesday when I picked it up. I just have a feeling they looked it once, couldn't figure it out, and then just had it sit. Not too happy with that. I guess I will continue to vocalize the dangers of this issue and hope that a recall comes out of it so it can properly get fixed.

EDIT: Tried to create a report under nhtsa and it is stating unrecognized VIN. I have validated it is the correct VIN, not sure what is up...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I experienced this today. First time driving in heavy rain. Wow, this is very dangerous. Someone is going to die. I cannot get the wipers to stay on for more than 30 seconds.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have only used mine very little so far and I can tell they are going to suck, variable speed bs. Filing the NTSB, these wiper motors are garbage, you can look that up @Ford Motor Company.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interestingly when I decided to buy my own motor using the part # shared by another member, it said the 2021 MY motor will not work with my 2022 MY.

So I ass that even if Ford changed the motors, the problem wasn’t resolved.

Ford Bronco Wiper control speed issues URGENT SAFETY CDAE7EA9-2058-4DED-AA76-BE3F19F6E8CA

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First time driving in significant rain today and had this happen to me. I've used intermittent function prior to today and hadn't noticed any issues. Today, I put the wipers on low (continuous) and was driving on a 45mph road in moderate to heavy rain (enough to cover the windshield) and after less than a mile, the wipers stopped and I couldn't see. I switched to high, then back to low to get them working again. Thought maybe a fluke, however, happened the entire drive home. Both low and high stop working and revert to an intermittent function. When the rain let up enough I switch to intermittent thinking I was safe, however, even on intermittent, the vehicle decides it will prolong the delay without changing the setting.

This is indeed a serious safety issue and I'm glad I have other vehicles at my disposal to drive when it rains. I filed a report with NHTSA in hopes Ford Motor Company will find a solution to this serious safety issue quickly. I, like others, have decades of driving experience and have never had an issue with my wipers stopping and causing a loss of visibility out of the windshield. There have been times in freezing rain and/or worn wiper blades blurring vision, but a complete loss of vision of the road and oncoming traffic because the wipers decide to stop without warning in heavy rain, never in 37 years.

2023 2-door base sasquatch v6 700 miles

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just happened to me today. 2023 BD 1,300 miles. Normal mode or fast mode it would slow down and get slower and slower until I turned it to another mode and then back. All in heavy sleet and rain as well as regular sleet and rain. Went on like this a good hour, then ok for 20 minutes, then back doing it again.

Between this, my radio screen flickering and freezing a half dozen times now until I turn the engine off and on, and 100% of the drive shaft and front axels being covered in pitted rust on day 1, I am really starting to think I should sell and get out before more problems happen.
Sponsored