Gottahaveone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC Gremlin
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE 2/20/22. Due to the large number of similar issues with wiper controls among Bronco owners in this forum. Please report to your local governing body before someone seriously gets hurt.

For Canadians:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

For Americans:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...urages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues
I did file a complaint with the NHTSA but that doesn't help me now. It looks like there's a class action lawsuit being put together on it.

https://lemberglaw.com/ford-bronco-wiper-problems/
Sponsored

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh YAY! A class action lawsuit! What will you spend your money on? I might try to buy that pack of gum I've been saving up for :D
Eggs!

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The point of class actions in situations like this isn't to pay you damages because if you have actual damages (i.e. Fords garbage wipers caused a crash) then you just sue them directly. The point is to get them to acknowledge and fix the problem.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good news bad news. The bad news is, somebody is going to die because of this (hope itā€™s not me). But heyā€¦look at the up side. This thread will feature prominently in the law suit the family brings against Ford. And weā€™ll all be immortalized in the court record.

Sponsored

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good news bad news. The bad news is, somebody is going to die because of this (hope itā€™s not me). But heyā€¦look at the up side. This thread will feature prominently in the law suit the family brings against Ford. And weā€™ll all be immortalized in the court record.
Yes - Ford has had every opportunity to fix this, and flat out will not! I've download this and the two other threads for this very purpose.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh great, now Ford is going to tell us this is how they were designed so there is nothing wrong with the wipers. It still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to see in the pouring rain.
Actually theyā€™re trying to solve the issue and are not saying it was intentionally designed to inhibit wiper function in heavy rain. Donā€™t twist the wording please.

Itā€™s believed currently the load sensing ranges need to be altered.
I'm sorry to keep going back to this but it just pisses me off so much, mark2215 here was 100% correct and drew707 who appears(ed?) to be a Ford employee is trying to tell him off.

And here we are a year later, still with the problem, still being told by Ford that it's normal.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disagree.

ChatGPT is actually helpful.
That's only if you spend the time to tailor it's criteria. Without that it's still garbage in garbage out.

Back on topic, I had a rental Cadillac XT4 with automatic wipers that behaved very similar to the video. They'd be doing their thing and then randomly decide to take long intermittent wipes unless I reset them. It was incredibly annoying but thankfully a bright day with good albeit obscured visibility.

Sponsored

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have reported my wiper problem as well, 2022 model, Oct build. Not even any snow or ice at that time, just plain medium rain. 40 to 50 degrees outside. No way the wiper motor was over heating/over loading after just a few minutes of use and such cool temperatures. Older explorer has some long wipers and never a problem, but the Broncos tiny wipers are now too much. lol

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
my 2023 does this.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone should buy a dash cam. So if this issue causes you to crash, you have evidence in court.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine has this issue too.

Gottahaveone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC Gremlin
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I take my Bronco to the dealer for this problem. They say they can replicate the problem but a Ford technician is telling them thereā€™s nothing wrong so they canā€™t do anything. I message the Ford account on here who passes me to a Ford customer service person who says that if I take it to a 2nd dealer who says thereā€™s a problem then they can do something (remember, itā€™s Ford telling the first dealer they wonā€™t fix it) but, by the way, since a technician is saying thereā€™s no problem then the customer service rep canā€™t question the technician because they would never be wrong.

At first I was getting really frustrated at being repeatedly told that itā€™s normal for wipers to not work correctly in the rain but then I thought, maybe I am wrong and what we should be doing is demanding that all of the Broncoā€™s with the wipers working in a traditional way should be recalled to be ā€˜fixedā€˜ so that theirs slow down in the rain like the rest of us. After all, the Ford technician that designed this has to be right.
Sponsored

Last edited: