First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, and this issue has had me seriously considering getting rid of the Bronco. However, in recent posts, I have brought up my theory that the wiper arm spring is too stiff and creating too much pressure on the blade, thus resulting in too much resistance when wiping. I hypothesize that stretching the springs will reduce the pressure resulting in a working wiper ;) If you haven't lifted up on your wipers, go do so and see how heavy they ;)
Creative. You must be an engineer. If this works, Ford.. pay this man!
Which dealer? My dealer told me they never heard of this issue and printed off the Ford message about their "smart" (dumb) sensing wiper motor. I'd love to get this dangerous issue taken care of before I get in or cause an accident.
Ya, I showed up to the dealer meaning business. I wrote up a professional document describing the issue, with exact steps on how to reproduce it with a garden hose. I included the TSB number and links to this thread. At first they said “they couldn’t reproduce the issue”, but told them to try again in the morning and follow the steps. In the morning they acknowledged the problem and ordered new motors.
Sponsored

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At this moment I am not having any issues with the wipers on both my wifes and my Bronco, however I had issues with a 15, 18 and 21 f-150 requiring modules to be replaced on all of them. So I would not be surprised if this becomes a standard recall on these.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On Saturday I tried to remove the drivers side wiper arm, but could not crack it loose. I guess because it isn't made to come off like my JLUR's were. So I gave up for the day, but then, on Sunday, I played with them some more. My goal was to try to insert something between the coils of the wiper springs to relieve some pressure on the windshield. I was not able to, although I lifted the wipers up and down several times.

Today, in a very light rain, the wipers worked the whole way home for several minutes! Not sure if I stretched the spring a bit or something, but maybe give it a shot? Maybe leave the wipers up overnight to see if you can stretch the spring some?
I have had my wiper arms off many times and created this for others to do easily
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/removing-cowl-and-windshield-wiper-arms.68080/#post-1849691

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I know why my dealer was so agreeable. Got my car back and there it is.. with a nice little scratch/ding right above my handle. Looks as though they buffed it out the best they could, but hard not to notice. Thanks..

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer just confirmed/documented the wiper issue with my Bronco. They want to replace the wiper motors. I live in the Rainy City, so this is a massive issue for me.

Has replacing the motor fixed the issue for anyone? Is there any updated part numbers/revisions I should verify?
Yes - having the wiper motor replaced seems to have permanently fixed it on our Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-door.

Sponsored

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - having the wiper motor replaced seems to have permanently fixed it on our Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-door.
Good news

Maybe the motor was updated

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX built on 3/23/2023 is experiencing the same issue. We've had a week of rain where I've tried to use the low continuous setting but it goes intermittent after 30 seconds like everyone else. I also drive a Ford Edge and comparing them the Edge maintains the low and high continuous speed without an issue. As far as I can tell the Bronco's wipers are hitting a lot more resistance than my Edge is seeing. While my Edge powers through each stroke, the Bronco's arms are struggling at every speed. It might be the wiper blades themselves having too much friction and it drags every stroke down, but I am starting the process with my dealer to look at it. I've only had the car for the week and it's been a pain cause I have to change speeds every minute to prevent total loss of vision through the windshield.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove for my first day in heavy rain and it's still not fixed after two months in the shop. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want a different car, but I don't want to continue to deal with this.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My OBX built on 3/23/2023 is experiencing the same issue. We've had a week of rain where I've tried to use the low continuous setting but it goes intermittent after 30 seconds like everyone else. I also drive a Ford Edge and comparing them the Edge maintains the low and high continuous speed without an issue. As far as I can tell the Bronco's wipers are hitting a lot more resistance than my Edge is seeing. While my Edge powers through each stroke, the Bronco's arms are struggling at every speed. It might be the wiper blades themselves having too much friction and it drags every stroke down, but I am starting the process with my dealer to look at it. I've only had the car for the week and it's been a pain cause I have to change speeds every minute to prevent total loss of vision through the windshield.
I agree. There is excessive drag, I changed the blades to silicone, problem persists. I've coated the windshield with Rain X, replaced the factory fluid with with Rain X and added Rain X additive, problem persists. I believe the wiper motor is working as designed, stopping the motor due to resistance, but that idea is unsafe, IMO,, the motor needs a redesign to a stronger, higher Torque winding.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FIXED FOR FREE!!!

A month ago I posted a thread about this with a poll, but the gist is that I believe the motors are working correctly, but there is too much resistance from the wiper arm pushing down too hard on the window. I believe the spring holding the arm down is way too strong, so I lifted my wipers when not driving for a couple days to try to stretch them out.

My first time in the rain afterwards, they slowed down once or twice and then stayed on. This was a very light rain.

Well, today, just now, on my drive home during a light rain, I experienced the slowdown twice when there was basically no rain, flipped to high and back. But, as long as there was some rain, they never slowed down. And the rain was so light I would have probably used the first intermittent setting if I wasn't testing - I didn't see any other cars running their wipers on low.

Now, the biggest reason I think they are fixed, is that after awhile the rain stopped, and the wipers slowed down. However, and this is something I've never seen happen, as soon as the rain started again, they sped right back up during the next wipe!!!

So go lift your wipers overnight for a couple days or more and see what happens, and please update the poll here if you do:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/possible-wiper-fixes-easy-free-cheap.70311/

Sponsored

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tested mine again yesterday. The wiper on the constant wipe mode stopped after about 30 seconds. I turned them up to high mode, and back down. Had to do this 3 times, but after the third time, the wipers stayed on.

TATRunner

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2020 F250Tremor 2018 911GT3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So many posts about essentially the same thing. I can't imagine Ford doesn't notice thjis. Also a bit surprised this isn't brought to NTSB as being a critical safety issue (or maybe it has and not filtered down to anything actionable yet). My 2023 Bronco Raptor is awesome in so many ways, but Ford really sucks with some of their QC issues and basic engineering and designs. Wiper speed is an issue. My "R" button worked as designed, stopped working for several weeks, and now is back to working. And my wheels keep losing the balancing weights. Issues to "avoid Ford"? Not at all, just very surprised they are issues at all.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tested mine again yesterday. The wiper on the constant wipe mode stopped after about 30 seconds. I turned them up to high mode, and back down. Had to do this 3 times, but after the third time, the wipers stayed on.
Wow - kudos to Ford for such a smart design!
#makedrivingsafeagain

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many posts about essentially the same thing. I can't imagine Ford doesn't notice thjis. Also a bit surprised this isn't brought to NTSB as being a critical safety issue (or maybe it has and not filtered down to anything actionable yet). My 2023 Bronco Raptor is awesome in so many ways, but Ford really sucks with some of their QC issues and basic engineering and designs. Wiper speed is an issue. My "R" button worked as designed, stopped working for several weeks, and now is back to working. And my wheels keep losing the balancing weights. Issues to "avoid Ford"? Not at all, just very surprised they are issues at all.
Has anyone been able to get a fix done yet?

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been able to get a fix done yet?
A few people have said new motors helped. But you can also just lift you wipers overnight for a week and that seems to help ;)
Sponsored