Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey FoMoCo, lots of others have posted about this issue on this thread and you didn't ask for their information, myself included. Why the sudden interest in this serious safety concern. All I got from my dealer is the printout of the smart motor operation, they did not want to look at it. I pulled the top off mine in order to not drive in the rain endangering myself and others; it has to stay in the garage if there is even a possibility of precipitation.
Probably someone new running the account, didn't read the memo yet that Ford is currently ignoring this serious safety defect.
Sponsored

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It rained for the first time since I had the motors replaced. It was only for about 15 minutes or so, but the wipers stayed consistent and did not slow down at any time. Hopefully, this means everything is good now.

FYI my dealership went off script to do this one as they informed me that according to the troubleshooting steps they have from Ford, there was no reason they should have ordered new motors. I think the fact I had a video of it happening in heavy rain and that I am going cross country in a few weeks, including in the mountains, was a factor in them doing so.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For whatever reason my '23 has this issue, my wife's '22 does not. I've applied Rain-X to the windshield, did it per the instructions with two applications. Bought new silicone wiper blades, spent something like $50, emptied the factory fluid fill and added Rain-X washer fluid, then added the Rain-X washer additive to the fluid tank, did not change a thing. During a light rain on the lowest setting it seems to run fine, any significant rain and the wipers stop no matter the wiper setting. I am convinced its either the spring is too strong or the motor needs replacement.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is insane there is no solution yet

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
mine seems to be fine now. 3 hours of 4th of july travel traffic in the pouring rain the wipers never skipped a beat. very strange.

Sponsored

Joec410

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 Superduty, 2017 Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone had this issue successfully fixed? If so what was the fix? Mine still has issues after the dealer replaced the switch.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had this issue successfully fixed? If so what was the fix? Mine still has issues after the dealer replaced the switch.
Lifted my wipers every night for a week
applied rain-x
installed 15" wiper blades
wiped blades with synthetic wax

Currently, if I get the slow down, I go to the high setting for a few swipes and then back to regular and it doesn't happen again

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer replaced the motors despite official Ford procedure suggesting this is normal. Into the second half of a huge road trip and I've used them numerous times in various conditions. Zero issue now, works as it should.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rained for the first time since they put a new wiper motor in: didn't fix it. First time I used them on low continuous they stayed on for a while and I thought it was actually fixed but next patch of rain did the same thing it was doing before, runs for a minute and then slows to intermittent.

Also noticed it will go from high intermittent to a lower intermittent.

All with a rain soaked windshield, I'm not running them on low for a few sprinkles.

What a stupid, stupid, stupid design and unforced error on Ford's part. Who's out there burning out wiper motors running them on a dry windshield? What problem does this dumb effing (nonfunctional) design actually address, even theoretically?

They took something that worked fine, designed a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, manufactured a defective part that causes a serious safety problem, and then send out a TSB to all their dealers saying it's supposed to work that way. Jesus Christ Ford what's wrong with you.

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They took something that worked fine, designed a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, manufactured a defective part that causes a serious safety problem, and then send out a TSB to all their dealers saying it's supposed to work that way. Jesus Christ Ford what's wrong with you.

Amen!

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took mine in today to have this looked at. I had a video of it happening and showed it happening. Of course, they kept it all day and did not find anything wrong. I talked to the service manager who I have known for years and showed him the video. he got my VIN and checked for issues on his computer on the day of the video it showed that the gateway module lost communication and there was a software update that was released yesterday for the module. They are going to flash it in the morning. Hopefully that will fix the issue. I will post what they say tomorrow.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took mine in today to have this looked at. I had a video of it happening and showed it happening. Of course, they kept it all day and did not find anything wrong. I talked to the service manager who I have known for years and showed him the video. he got my VIN and checked for issues on his computer on the day of the video it showed that the gateway module lost communication and there was a software update that was released yesterday for the module. They are going to flash it in the morning. Hopefully that will fix the issue. I will post what they say tomorrow.
The wiper defect is my only gripe with my Bronco! Standing by……

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer replaced the motors despite official Ford procedure suggesting this is normal. Into the second half of a huge road trip and I've used them numerous times in various conditions. Zero issue now, works as it should.
@Fordmotorcompany - TSB this before someone dies!

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Fordmotorcompany - TSB this before someone dies!

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they Flashed the Gateway module. It took them about an hour to update it. Then they tested the wipers for ~30 minutes and they worked fine. The Service manager is going to leave the ticket open until I drive it for a few days. Of course, there is no rain in the forecast until Saturday. We are not sure this will fix the issue ,but I had a tire pressure senor loose connection and for some reason it was saying it could not talk to the passenger mirror flood light switch in addition to the wiper issue. I will keep this thread updated.
Sponsored