Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm VERY interested. I'm on schedule to buy late next year, and had narrowed down my choices to Taco, 4Runner, ZR2, Gladiator, and now the Bronco. Any would serve my requirements easily, and optioned like I want, all are ballparking in the 50k range. I buy a new vehicle every 7-8 years, and this timing is perfect for me :D

I'm waiting on final styling and interior design/implementation/tech/etc. Hopefully, there's a Raptor version as well. If there is, it'll bump the 4Runner TRD Pro off the top of my list.

However, if the interior is anything like the Ranger, It'll be a hard pass for me lol. That truck is just awful inside (to me anyway, some people love it). Exterior, it looks to have nailed a look I like a LOT, but I'm generally more concerned with daily livability. This will be my daily, not a weekend toy. So if it has a garbage interior or terrible and noisy ride (like a Jeep), I'll pass.

Also the dark horse in this fight is the Tesla pickup. If that delivers what that wingnut Musk has hinted at, it may win a spot in my garage :D

TL;DR - This teaser has put the Bronco at the top of my list of possibles for next year. I may buy my first Ford in my 30-something years of driving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
However, if the interior is anything like the Ranger, It'll be a hard pass for me lol. That truck is just awful inside (to me anyway, some people love it).

Insiders have hinted that the interior is one of their favorite parts about the final design... I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got out of the VCSE innovation awards presentation in the PDC showroom, I obviously cant disclose details but there were a couple things there pertaining to the Bronco. I feel like so much of our conversation energy has been spent on the chassis, which though important, is only a part of the utilitarian equation. The engineering and innovation that went into the removable top, as well as some other assemblies really impressed me. They could have just copied Wrangler but they made deliberated and creative improvements across the board (I feel this will be reflected across the entire vehicle). They are going for Wrangler hard, I am so HYPED!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got out of the VCSE innovation awards presentation in the PDC showroom, I obviously cant disclose details but there were a couple things there pertaining to the Bronco. I feel like so much of our conversation energy has been spent on the chassis, which though important, is only a part of the utilitarian equation. The engineering and innovation that went into the removable top, as well as some other assemblies really impressed me. They could have just copied Wrangler but they made deliberated and creative improvements across the board (I feel this will be reflected across the entire vehicle). They are going for Wrangler hard, I am so HYPED!
Like I said, Bronco of the future! :wink:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Insiders have hinted that the interior is one of their favorite parts about the final design
If Anyone has a clue... While I've harped a lot about exterior design, I'm wanting the 2-door...but my passengers will all be 4-legged. So I need a flat surface behind the front seats for dog crates...either rear seat removed...or folded down to mate up with the floor surface behind it. Anyone have a guess???

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Anyone has a clue... While I've harped a lot about exterior design, I'm wanting the 2-door...but my passengers will all be 4-legged. So I need a flat surface behind the front seats for dog crates...either rear seat removed...or folded down to mate up with the floor surface behind it. Anyone have a guess???
I was hoping for this as well... I was kind of assuming with it being an SUV it'd be a given, but maybe not? Let's hope so

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

However, if the interior is anything like the Ranger, It'll be a hard pass for me lol. That truck is just awful inside (to me anyway, some people love it). Exterior, it looks to have nailed a look I like a LOT, but I'm generally more concerned with daily livability. This will be my daily, not a weekend toy. So if it has a garbage interior or terrible and noisy ride (like a Jeep), I'll pass.
The Ranger was basically brought over to get Ford's foot back into the midsized market. It was also a big reason why the Bronco program was approved too.

The next gen Ranger is supposed as well done as the Bronco will be at launch.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping for this as well... I was kind of assuming with it being an SUV it'd be a given
The wild card could be storage arrangements for doors/top elements

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m interested in a 4 door, but I have the same concern about a flat floor. I want something I can sleep in. It appears that the Wrangler achieves this, but not well.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was always in.

don’t care what it has for front suspension.
My Bronco will just be a garage queen for the most part.
Mine will never see hackberry trail or even table Mesa. Most it will see is broken arrow or box canyon and it will perform fine for that.
My Bronco will remain bone stock. My days of wasting thousands on lifts, and tires and spending entire weekends in the garage tinkering are over.
Not that I’m old, I’m just sick of having too many projects..

I'M old, also tired of wasting money on add on's get it ready to sell and everyone thinks it was a devalued mud rig. Mine will be bone stock, have ac and i will use it, wont ever take top off unless i have a boatload of spf 80 and the ac dosent work. V4 I"M out, V6 I will look, V8 i will have to buy a Toyota, Priced a new 2020 jeep today. interesting. around 30k they were V6

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ranger was basically brought over to get Ford's foot back into the midsized market. It was also a big reason why the Bronco program was approved too.

The next gen Ranger is supposed as well done as the Bronco will be at launch.
I know...But with as good as Ford can be at interiors...I find the Ranger's to be laughable. And that's coming from a guy with (among other things) a 94 Wrangler and 2nd Gen Tundra lol

I'm also curious about what they drop with the true compact truck. I've seen more than a little about a compact unibody fuel efficient pickup. I mean...I ain't gonna buy one...But I think that's cool as hell.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also...I REALLY want a two door...But only if the rear seat is easily accessed.

Eh. I know I'd buy a 4 door lol

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also...I REALLY want a two door...But only if the rear seat is easily accessed.

Eh. I know I'd buy a 4 door lol
Yup. Two doors generally look cool, but it is a pain trying to access the rear seat (especially with car seats). I'm hoping the 4-door is cool enough because 4 doors is so much more practical and I don't need the trail maneuverability of a 2-door.