Sponsored

Considering buying a Bronco... how bad are the rattles?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wind noise is a given what I can't tolerate is rattle of loose/poorly designed panels and seals.
Nice, how are you liking it vs your gladiator?
Occasionally miss the bed. But I accepted that would happen going in. Also, I have a 2Dr so the gas tank is pretty small. I don’t do a lot of long road trips so normally not an issue, but just got back from a couple thousand mile round trip. Damn sure missed the range on the Gladiator.

That’s about it. Ride comfort and power are all comparable.
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mostly just wind noise which is to be expected. My window rattles if not rolled all the way down which again is sort of to be expected being that they are frameless. Biggest issue is most of the manual transmissions do have a rattle/scraping noise on cold start if you are going that route. I'm sure at some point Ford will have to issue a real fix for the manuals since it's so widespread and documented.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

23 Badlands 2door, no rattles but do have some wind noise I will address in the next week or so. Other than that I think this is a well built Bronco.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had mine for 13 months, 16k miles. No rattles even on the craptastic roads here. Only squeaking from the rubber trunk mats. Do get the usual wind noise but pretty much used to it now and it's not that loud to begin with.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 door hardtop no rattles, slight wind noise.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are coming from a wrangler then it shouldn't be anything new. I came from a 2018 JL Sahara Wrangler soft top and I was not surprised by any of the noises. Its typical sounds from bumps in the road. If anything, the bronco manages the road and road sounds better. I have a 23 Badlands Hardtop. My younger brother, who drives a new Audi QS4, has driven both my wrangler and bronco. After the first drive, he said the bronco was a significantly better driving vehicle all around. That it is the best off road driving vehicle. It's not silent, if that is what you are expecting.
This is definitely the bellwether...

Compared to a Wrangler it's perfect and well mannered. Compared to your brothers SQ5 it's a unrefined tractor! Pros far outweigh the cons though.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 23 BB with a hardtop. I haven’t noticed any rattles in the first couple of months. The wind noise is no worse than my G6 convertible and I keep the radio at volume 7 or 8.

it’s a great vehicle. I love it so far!
We are so glad to hear you're enjoying your Bronco, Cheryl!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21 Soft top, No real rattles, just some fapping from the light bar up top, and some wind noise of course.

Nothing my music does not solve.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No rattles but I had two squeaks that were coming from the locating pins for the removable front hardtop sections. Two pieces of heat shrink fix it.

No the shitty Goodyear M/T tires…. Those have an unbearable amount of tread noise on grooved concrete highways.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only rattle I have noticed turned out to be my son's car seat. Not sure if getting the additional sound deadening helped that, but I have yet to notice any real ones from the car itself.
This. There are times I am driving and hear a rattle but can't tell if it's a actual rattle or just the car seats making noise

Sponsored

Newbroncowner

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Guys,

I see many people complaining about rattles and squeaks on the bronco, have this issues been sorted out or is it an easy DIY repair?

The roads around me are pretty crappy...

Thanks!
JC
We had a 2022 outer banks 4 door with hard top. Had some clicking noises from the top. Put heat shrink tubing around the pins and the noises were gone. Wind noise is to be expected in these, even with the hard top. Our HVAC seemed very loud. Just traded the 22 for a 23 last month. They have changed the sound deadening on the hard top. Much quieter inside, no clicking or rattling, and the HVAC is drastically quieter. 23 is a Outer Banks 4 door hard top as well. For some reason the 2023 drives better as well. Not sure why, we kept our wheels and tires we had and put on the 23.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry... can you speak up ?

Actually I've been pretty happy with my 2 door so far. There are some occasional little rattles coming from my passenger side window (gonna do a little bolt tightening, and adjusting sometime soon), but none of the roof squeaks or other stray sounds at all you hear about from some owners. I'm pretty happy.

It's not a quiet vehicle (a bit of the old wind noise), but nothing that bugs me more than my happiness at driving it
every single day !!!!!

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's definitely quieter then any of my jeeps but if you go into expecting to be a range rover then you'll be disappointed

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I see many people complaining about rattles and squeaks on the bronco, have this issues been sorted out or is it an easy DIY repair?

The roads around me are pretty crappy...

Thanks!
JC
I absolutely hate rattles. My 4 door Badlands soft top is pretty rattle free. I have yet to find one I need to fix. There might have been one in passenger door when weather this winter was in the low 40’s. Yes it’s tough in Florida. Soft top brackets may give off a little noise when crossing train tracks at 40mph. I’m very pleased overall. Rattle seem to more prevalent with the hard top. Keep in mind it is an off road vehicle with great road manners. Removable doors and roof. Ford did a good job.
Sponsored