First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grill lights are everywhere and people keep evolving the idea.

IMG_2159.jpg
WTH??? That makes no sense if they are low-brightness amber marker lights.

If those are high brightness white LEDS, maybe that is someone’s solution for flood or fog lights to help them see the trail. That at least provides function.

Also, that’s a huge gap between the bumper and body. Is that a body lift? It looks odd.
Sponsored

OP
OP
helifino16

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another case of “if there’s space for them, let’s put lights there”
Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? IMG_3446

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Flesh-welding aside; how do these hold up as grab bars?

I'm probably in the minority here (send the hate), but I think those paracord grab handles *look like cheap trash.

Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? IMG_3446

*edited from "are" to "look like"
Somewhere I saw 2 good points about the hard grab handles. Do you want something hard above your head in an accident and do they interfere with the airbags. In my opinion, good points.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bartact are plenty strong & durable. The length problem is fixed if you fold-over one end & bolt thru the sling. Makes it shorter by about 1-1/4 inch. Then doesn't hang down - no visual interference
Great, so you have a strong and durable grab handle that looks like your kid made it at scout camp.

Somewhere I saw 2 good points about the hard grab handles. Do you want something hard above your head in an accident and do they interfere with the airbags. In my opinion, good points.
That's what side curtain airbags are for. Looks like the hard ones install to the bolts that hold the side curtain airbag on so should not interfere like something that hangs down (even a little).

...of note I don't have anything installed because I don't need help getting into my vehicle.

2022 Ford Bronco Passenger Side Roof/Curtain Airbag - YouTube

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great, so you have a strong and durable grab handle that looks like your kid made it at scout camp.

That's what side curtain airbags are for. Looks like the hard ones install to the bolts that hold the side curtain airbag on so should not interfere like something that hangs down (even a little).

...of note I don't have anything installed because I don't need help getting into my vehicle.

2022 Ford Bronco Passenger Side Roof/Curtain Airbag - YouTube
Yes and everyone knows that airbags alway deploy correctly in all crash situations. Maybe something hard like that makes sense to you but I’m not risking a metal bar through my skull.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't bring my kid into this adult conversation🤪

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the 7Sparta Handles. They have a grip on them, do not get hot, and I can literally shake the vehicle holding on to them.
The Airbags in our vehicle fire DOWNWARD not out. So these will not interfere with them. If this was the case Ford would not made those accessory points. Also if you're in a rollover and NOT wearing your seatbelts, you have bigger problems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7HF6FKR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZHLC5YS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
helifino16

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Paracord Handles can be had very inexpensively.
Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? 1695301176650

That's probably why they're (their, there?) so wildly popular.
Don't criticize, no one is on here to judge your choices.
Oh yeah, I'm THAT guy that has almost all of the 'Worst Accessories' on mine.

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco owner for just over a week. Let the other half find some door sill protectors and this is what arrived. Had her send them back as they were not what I had in mind and let alone didn't have proper fitment.

Let me get this straight ....did you send back the sill protectors or the tube socks?

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OK - I guess I have to level a significant amount of hate toward you... (lol)

You're missing the whole point of 'Accessory Ready'... to put dumb stuff on here to illicit that vile response.

Here's something I put on the tailgate that's dumb and useless:

No comments allowed - this is really just a goof.
My first car. A 59 Ford Galaxie had a 352 police interceptor engine. 300Hp in the hands of a teenager. Was awesome times. Had a Borg Warner manual with overdrive and could do 80 in 2nd gear overdrive. Would bury the speedo in 3rd.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I've stayed away from all the really horrible ones, but my tailgate table is the worst accessory I've bought. I've used it maybe twice.
My off-roading almost always includes overnighting and the tailgate table gets used each and every time. Can't believe I drove a Jeep for 10byewrs without one, and instead I had a small folding table in the back.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My off-roading almost always includes overnighting and the tailgate table gets used each and every time. Can't believe I drove a Jeep for 10byewrs without one, and instead I had a small folding table in the back.
Same here, it's always being used...

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going to get killed for this but... Any brand name LED accessory. Yup, any.

People seem perfectly happy to pay $500 for two ditch lights or $1000+ for a light bar. I get it, they look slightly better and customer service is better, in the highly unlikely event that you ever need it.

In the mean time I can buy a $100 light bar or $40 ditch lights from Lasfit, Auxbeam, or Nilight that produce just as much light sometimes with better spread. In the highly unlikely event that they fail can be replaced 5x for less money than the big boys are asking for.

Retreating behind my flame shield now...
Sponsored