First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of the reasons manufactures typically keep cars covered up and don’t make a huge deal out of preproduction models is many of them have features that will never make it into production, have mismatched stuff and options on them, and can look substantially better... or substantially worse than the production model.
Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I voted other. I don't have any major complaint. I've been happy with all that I have seen. I'm am going 2 Dr BD, 2.7, Mid. auto 4x4 in CG. One complaint may be carpeted back of second row instead of some form of plastic/rubber material.

One thing I don't understand is all the complaints about the colors and interior options. For craps and giggles I looked at all the Jeeps. First, the jeep color options are crap, bland/muted if you ask me. Bronco soo much better with more color pallet options. Interior options are either black or beige for Jeep. Nothing else. At least Bronco made effort to change it up a bit. I am happy with the MGV in the BD. The only interior I don't like with the Navy Pier (meh). I don't know what people are expecting from Ford on the Bronco. They can't offer every conceivable option and color. If that was the case, you would never see the Bronco.

While I am brain dumping, can someone explain to me why the Signature Head lights and LED tail lights would be "hands down" deal breakers? Both Standard and Signature head lights are LED, I don't think they look that much different. Besides, you'll never see them when you are in the vehicle. Same with the tail lights. I think the tails lights on the BD are fine. Do people care that much about tail lights? Maybe it's just me. I don't get it.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the reasons manufactures typically keep cars covered up and don’t make a huge deal out of preproduction models is many of them have features that will never make it into production, have mismatched stuff and options on them, and can look substantially better... or substantially worse than the production model.
+1

Keep in mind all these preproduction vehicles running around are basically advanced prototypes and will have a date with a crusher within the next year or two.

I do not want to be labeled a "whiner", but with all the years of outstanding research and development Ford engineers missed the little stuff. Basically a lot of what is being brought up in this forum is little stuff. The design (bones) of the Bronco is stalwart. Simple polling of the off road community would have easily and most likely did voice concerns but to no fruition.
As an offroader I am at peace with what they did, the Bronco is freaking awesome for an out of the box rig.

I am down with a dark interior, I have been around a couple with light interiors... even as pavement pounders they get streaks and stained.

I am also at peace that nobody will 100% nail exactly what I want. For crying out loud my favorite offroader only has the original frame and body at this point.

Same with the tail lights. I think the tails lights on the BD are fine. Do people care that much about tail lights? Maybe it's just me. I don't get it.
I do, I don't want to ever have to replace a stupid $1200 tail light. GImmie $1.50 light bulbs every 15 years.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grey top but not a deal breaker. Everyone says it looks good with A51. I’ll improvise adapt overcome, and wrap, paint do whatever I can to make it black. If I don’t get to doing that right away I’ll probably forget and not even notice it’s grey. Lol.

Hell with an rtt, awning, recovery trax mounted, rotopak mounted... not even gonna see the top.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't complain about what Ford is offering in terms of packages/colors/price/etc. It is what it is. My only concern at this point is not being 100% sure of some significant B&P configurations that seem suspect, like getting a free AT with the $1495 mid-package on the Big Bend. Is that real or not?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked other. I am surprised there isn't more opportunity to add some of the higher trim items independently. Not having the option to add this wheel, or that wheel (for an extra $995) to increase my purchase price seems silly. I get wanting to allow something like the B/O to be a la carte because you want to sell the package, but when it's something as easy to install after market for less than the Lux you're missing an opportunity. Mark that sucker up and sell it to the lower trims with a p.i.t.a markup.

On the interiors, I get that they wanted to have unique interiors per trim but again, provide an option across the board for a standard "upgrade" or two for an extra cost. On the OBX I bet the could have sold the standard black dash and black cloth or leather to many folks for an upgrade fee and left the "creative options" as the standard.

Overall very happy with it but by forcing things the way they are I think FoMoCo is shuttling people DOWN more than up based upon what I'm reading on these boards.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Other. I wish Ford hadn't hamstrung the Base model so much. At least give it wheel and tire sizes the same as a Jeep Wrangler Sport.
I see this complaint tossed around a lot and I don't get it. I mean the base is actually pretty well equipped for a base model, but at the same time it's a base model. It's supposed to hamstrung. It's supposed to be a bare bones model, it's supposed to make you want to go up trim levels. Also let's not forget it looks like they are following their initial GT350 strategy. The base model exists so they can advertise it starts under 30K.

My complaint, and this is one of those minor spoiled ones. It's 2020, I am about to spend over 40K on a vehicle that doesn't have power seats.(Yes I know optional on OBX with leather, but can't get it on BB) That was a super hard sell to the wife that it's going to cost that much and it's not gonna have power seats lol

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My complaint, and this is one of those minor spoiled ones. It's 2020, I am about to spend over 40K on a vehicle that doesn't have power seats.(Yes I know optional on OBX with leather, but can't get it on BB) That was a super hard sell to the wife that it's going to cost that much and it's not gonna have power seats lol
Its 2020, $40k is almost nothing for a new vehicle.

I just built a pretty basic $47k F-150 XL and it didn't have power seats either

Sponsored

Midnight1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm wanting to get the WildTrak and was liking the fact that the roof, grill, and mirror would match in color. However, now it will have a painted black grill and mirrors, non painted black fenders, and gray top; so three different colors.
I really wish I could just get the soft top for the WildTrak now and then buy the modular painted black top when it was available. Getting the Gray top now would mean if I wanted the black I'd have two because I don't see many people wanting to buy the gray top when they also would have one unless they got the soft top only at first and liked the gray.

I am not hating the one interior color in the WildTrak but do wish I had more options as personally I would have liked the black like in the Badlands. But don't like Badlands only has gray grill. Would have been better if they just made the grill body colored if they were going to make it one color and not standard black and have matching top.

I hope when we actually get to order there are some more options and more accessories to order.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its 2020, $40k is almost nothing for a new vehicle.

I just built a pretty basic $47k F-150 XL and it didn't have power seats either
Like I said it's a spoiled complaint since my 23K Focus had them and my 29K Mazda has them lol.

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
+1

Keep in mind all these preproduction vehicles running around are basically advanced prototypes and will have a date with a crusher within the next year or two.

As an offroader I am at peace with what they did, the Bronco is freaking awesome for an out of the box rig.

I am down with a dark interior, I have been around a couple with light interiors... even as pavement pounders they get streaks and stained.

I am also at peace that nobody will 100% nail exactly what I want. For crying out loud my favorite offroader only has the original frame and body at this point.

I do, I don't want to ever have to replace a stupid $1200 tail light. GImmie $1.50 light bulbs every 15 years.
Agree. That is why I am fine with the BD incandescent lamps.

Biscolu

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5 2015, Porsche Cayman 2019
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My big complaint is the B&P not letting you pick roof rack or sound deadening or paint coat if using combos like sas and 2.7 engine. It is bothering me, just trying to make my ideal Bronco and I cant even add roof rack? or sound deadening? c'mon ford

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base paint color choices. Hoped for green. Now I am hoping for vinyl wrap over the top of carbonized gray..

Ford Bronco Biggest Complaints So Far Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.28.27 PM
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.