Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Screen protectors, but not because the reason most might think. Got my Bronco Raptor after a long long wait and ordered one of those cool glass screen protectors that cut glare and don't show finger prints. I went to put it on and for some reason it would not go straight. It finally got stuck down a little too far and when I went to pull it off some it cracked. Turns out the molded plastic on the dash at the top of the screen is not even close to straight. You can't tell unless you look from below, but there is no possible way I could have ever gotten that thing straight or even made it fit without hanging off on an edge. Word to the wise, check around your screen first if you go to add one of these. I may as well have just walked outside and thrown $30 in the trash. HA.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use them in Louisiana every trail ride and every trail ride they are used on limbs.. Iā€™d like to cut the beaches/vines but no one else minds the scratches I guess
Gearshade DID send me a replacement pin, so I will give them another try I spoze. As long as they don't fall off again I will be happy!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearshade DID send me a replacement pin, so I will give them another try I spoze. As long as they don't fall off again I will be happy!
I covered mine with heat shrink tube to make them look better to me

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Screen protectors, but not because the reason most might think. Got my Bronco Raptor after a long long wait and ordered one of those cool glass screen protectors that cut glare and don't show finger prints. I went to put it on and for some reason it would not go straight. It finally got stuck down a little too far and when I went to pull it off some it cracked. Turns out the molded plastic on the dash at the top of the screen is not even close to straight. You can't tell unless you look from below, but there is no possible way I could have ever gotten that thing straight or even made it fit without hanging off on an edge. Word to the wise, check around your screen first if you go to add one of these. I may as well have just walked outside and thrown $30 in the trash. HA.
I consider them to be essential. I don't like the look of the no-glare versions.

Pro tip, hold the protector up against the screen to make sure it fits before you install. You never know if they are cut or packaged correctly.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll bet 99% of people donā€™t realize theyā€™re a regulation and just think itā€™s a cool design element. Even me. I used to like them. Then I saw someone had put them on a minivanā€¦ That was the moment they jumped the shark for me.
LOL. Iā€™ve definitely seen them on crossovers, but pretty sure I also saw a Toyota minivan or sedan with them that made me really shake my head. Where I live, usually it is a Tacoma or a 4Runner. Neither are wide enough to need marker lights in the grille, and the lights have nothing to do with off-roading..
Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? IMG_1620

When Ford started grille lights with the original SVT F-150 Raptor, i thought they looked really good and unique. Ford studio took advantage of a challenge and made it cool. Ford needed to add marker lights due to the wider track needed to achieve tire clearance and front wheel travel targets, but F-150 didnā€™t have F-150 models already with cab lights like SuperDuty did. So it was a smart decision for cost and complexity to put the marker lights in the grille.

But ever since, it has exploded in the aftermarket to vehicles that donā€™t need them. It begins to look stupid, like adding racing stripes to a Corolla because it looks fast.

Last edited:

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol reading this thread makes me realize I have trash taste I love almost every useless tacky acessory mentioned. Not that I'd add them to mine, but I see the appeal. I want to defend them all. Make it your own brothers and sisters. Personally I want some big ol horns for my brush guard. So you can see where my taste lie.
Haha, same. Not me sitting here with my aftermarket sound system, aux lights and roof rack awning tent like :(

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from a 1500-mile road trip and put these to use:

AR magnum stirrups
Rock Blox
Mabett rear cargo panel protectors
Mabett rear seat/trunk liners
Mabett rubber dash inserts
Mountains 2 Metal tailgate limiter (to prevent swing-outs into other cars/structures)
PPF hood, front fenders
Screen protector (film)

I thought at least a couple of these accessories would prove worthless but I used them all and was glad to have them.

And to top it all, I've averaged 20.7 mpg in a non-SAS Badlands that's still getting broken in -- the economy is still ticking upward.

There's nothing I would change about the vehicle itself, apart adding some foam at the rear corners of the middle panel to block wind noise. I would say the plastic sucks, but I've covered most of it up, lol.

Last edited:

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Someone had to try and do Angry Eyes.

Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? IMG_1620
Reminds me of Dark Crystal. And if you haven't watched it, highly recommend that you do, at the least, way more than the front end of that thing.
Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? 1695048196915

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Eww.... hard pass on that degen loser shit.

Radio reception is a safety and EMS issue that should work as well as possible at the worst of times. Same with ham and gmrs.
Bigger antennas provide better signal and therfore better survivability. Function over form, every time, my man.
Good to know. I keep my OEM antenna in the storage space under the cargo area, not as a backup, but because I left it there a long time ago and completely forgot about it.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The aluminum grab handles that burned off my hand the first time I grabbed it in 105 degree TX summer. Iā€™m embarrassed I didnā€™t see that coming.
IMG_1439.jpeg

Flesh-welding aside; how do these hold up as grab bars?

I'm probably in the minority here (send the hate), but I think those paracord grab handles *look like cheap trash.

Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? 1695051847463

*edited from "are" to "look like"

Last edited:

Gwolfracing

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The quality is great and they function well. I agree they look better than the cord. I am thinking of wrapping them in cloth tape or something.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm probably in the minority here (send the hate), but I think those paracord grab handles are cheap trash.

Ford Bronco Worst Accessories so far? 1695051847463
I've been using those for close to a year. No complaints and they have helped a lot.