Sponsored

Your first 2021 Bronco mods will be?

If you could, would you change your build to an FE?

• Total voters

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
-lights and mudflaps for sure will be the first thing
-Second set of rims and winter tires will also happen within the first year

Beyond that will depend on what it ends up coming with stock:
-If I can't keep the rear diff locked at speed in stock form, adding an override switch for that
-If it doesn't come stock with a front LSD, that will be going in as soon as there's one available.
-Same story for some good bypass shocks if it doesn't come with them

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

37's, seeing how it comes with 35's it should be relatively easy. Rock sliders or some sort of rocker protection to keep the rock damage to a minimum. I like the thick plates with a step built in bolted right to the body for more ground clearance. Line-x the body to keep damage to minimum. Floor liners in case it doesn't come with a washable interior. Higher clearance/ stronger bumpers cause the OEM ones are usually trashed after the first week with me. Why do they put plastic on a bumper. Plastic 'aint gonna stop 'nuthin.

edit: and for the record no I am not a rock crawler I am a trail rider and here in PA we have rocks on our trails so if that makes me a rock crawler then so be it but I don't see it that way. You can drive a trail that is nice easy trail and then turn the corner into a rock garden, or cruise along a valley floor and then climb a hill and after the switchback is a rock ledge that needs traversed. To my this is more overlanding but I call it trail riding. NOT rock crawling.

Last edited:

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High clearance steel bumpers.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Strip interior and useless electronic doodads and nannies, Line-X floors, 460 stroker swap mated to a ZF 5-speed, D60s front and rear, 40s. You know, the basics necessary to hit dem forest service roads.

X2 but instead of 460, Godzilla with a 4.0 whipple. :idea:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a related note, how bad is the warranty work going to get with Ford if you have evil modifications?

Obviously the law says they have to prove it was the fault of the mod, but much like speed limits that law doesn't hold much water if it's not really enforced.
Depends on the dealer, find the Roush associated ones, they're lienent or in my experience, untune the car and you're good

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On a related note, how bad is the warranty work going to get with Ford if you have evil modifications?

Obviously the law says they have to prove it was the fault of the mod, but much like speed limits that law doesn't hold much water if it's not really enforced.
I don't see that as a problem now, not like it was when I tried to warranty my T-5 from my fox Mustang, BDS offer 5 YR / 60,000 mile warranty

https://blog.bds-suspension.com/?p=20077

scroll down a little, on the right, click on box that says factory protection plus …… not just Ford. If I have this correct because the lift kits are engineered to not change the driveline angles much, mainly driveshaft angles.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IF a Bronco ends up in my driveway...

Winter tires + second set of wheels
Trailer Brake Controller (if not optional equipment from factory)

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
The absolute first thing is a stop to the audio shop the day I pick it up as no factory sound system has impressed me enough to ride stock. Next would be to ship it to my sponsors to develop parts for it, put wheels and tires and that'll sum up the first 2 or 3 months of the 4dr. The 2dr will go to the audio shop, get a leveling kit and some wide ass wheels and tires.
Sponsored