Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re sitting with an early reservation time stamp waiting for scheduling - like me - hoping it means something, it doesn’t.

Respected dealer - I will withhold name - told me this:

“(just scheduled Broncos) are not all early timestamps…ford has been scheduling all over the place. We had a customer submit an order in October of 2021 with no timestamp who was chosen for 2022 production and skipped over…. other orders with similar or the same builds….customers with very base builds with little to no options who have yet to be chosen for production. There really is no telling what “place” in line you due to ford not having any rhyme or reason to how they are scheduling.”​

They said they’ve been meeting with Ford, and Ford doesn’t care. They rejigged allocations to big dealers, basically they don’t care about early reservations or timestamps any more.

Tell @Ford Motor Company and @mrlevine now you feel about being treated like crap. Copy them on your replies.

this is what they told us:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tions-will-be-built-before-dealer-stock.8148/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer just doesn’t understand all the variables. Your time stamp does make a difference, but depending on your order you can be in for a long wait. Most of the people that were able to get their vehicles ahead of early reservation holders opted for the soft top.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The second dealer allocations became a thing with commodity restrictions, this became apparent. I get both sides. I would be frustrated if I was an early reservation holder too.

While I understand taking care of your larger dealerships that sell a lot of cars with allocations, when you have well over a hundred thousand orders Ford should set aside the allocation model to take care of the customer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Booback

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer just doesn’t understand all the variables. Your time stamp does make a difference, but depending on your order you can be in for a long wait. Most of the people that were able to get their vehicles ahead of early reservation holders opted for the soft top.
Dealer very much does understand the variables.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re sitting with an early reservation time stamp waiting for scheduling - like me - hoping it means something, it doesn’t.

Respected dealer - I will withhold name - told me this:

“(just scheduled Broncos) are not all early timestamps…ford has been scheduling all over the place. We had a customer submit an order in October of 2021 with no timestamp who was chosen for 2022 production and skipped over…. other orders with similar or the same builds….customers with very base builds with little to no options who have yet to be chosen for production. There really is no telling what “place” in line you due to ford not having any rhyme or reason to how they are scheduling.”​

They said they’ve been meeting with Ford, and Ford doesn’t care. They rejigged allocations to big dealers, basically they don’t care about early reservations or timestamps any more.

Tell @Ford Motor Company and @mrlevine now you feel about being treated like crap. Copy them on your replies.

this is what they told us:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tions-will-be-built-before-dealer-stock.8148/
Let me guess, you have a hard top?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big business caving to highest dollar=no surprise

If you didn't think this was the plan all along, i don't understand anyone being angry or expecting Ford to change, this is the way it is. You can be upset, but It's not changing.

Ford sent vehicles out broken if that tells you anything. They wanted to get a return on investment asap. They were throwing garbage at the wall to see what stuck. Maybe things would be fine, if not the dealer can fix instead of having vegetables on dirt mountain. All about ROI.

If you don't have ROI you are SOL

If you are SOL, no Bronco for anyone.

It's kinda catch 22

Do you think Ford put in all the best parts? Lol, nope. Cheapest way to get job done, but hopefully better than everyone else

U aren't getting anything special, it's about balance

Last edited:

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This does not address the main issue which is allocations. Your timestamp only matters if you are up against the exact same build at the same dealership. Other dealerships are able to get Broncos built faster because they have more allocation and lower percentage of reservations relative to their allocation quantity

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nothing is a strong word.

I think a more accurate statement would be timestamp is nothing more than one of the many factors into getting your Bronco scheduled.

if you must use the word nothing... ;):LOL:

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me guess, you have a hard top?
That line of thought needs to stop. I've got a soft top on order and have seen plenty of vehicles with the same build get VINs. Dealer allocation or other criteria is at play. My buddy has been driving his Bronco for 2 months at least...same build different dealer.

Reactions: LMB

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This does not address the main issue which is allocations. Your timestamp only matters if you are up against the exact same build at the same dealership. Other dealerships are able to get Broncos built faster because they have more allocation and lower percentage of reservations relative to their allocation quantity
The claim is that time stamp is meaningless. That is flat out wrong.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That line of thought needs to stop. I've got a soft top on order and have seen plenty of vehicles with the same build get VINs. Dealer allocation or other criteria is at play. My buddy has been driving his Bronco for 2 months at least...same build different dealer.
Wasn't asking you. If you haven't gotten yours it just means the line is longer at your dealer than your buddy's.
Sponsored