Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask to see the nitrogen tank they use to fill tires.
Sponsored

Jmvs11

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer put the same options, I just asked him to take them off since I wasn't interested. Those bs options are were they make all the profit.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have never received one until today! Seriously, 2 weeks from estimated delivery, I get the dreaded "Accessories" Fees.
Wait, if you are still 2 weeks out from delivery, then none of this dealer stuff has been installed. Tell dealer cordially but firmly you don't want those items.

Dealers try this to see if you won't push back enough. After agreeing on price for my last new car, the dealer still tried to slip a $400 "vin etching" fee on the sales contract I was about to sign. Took another 20 minutes of sales guy back and forth with the manager, until they finally realized I was walking unless they removed the $400.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, if you are still 2 weeks out from delivery, then none of this dealer stuff has been installed. Tell dealer cordially but firmly you don't want those items.

Dealers try this to see if you won't push back enough. After agreeing on price for my last new car, the dealer still tried to slip a $400 "vin etching" fee on the sales contract I was about to sign. Took another 20 minutes of sales guy back and forth with the manager, until they finally realized I was walking unless they removed the $400.
I agree with you on most cars. They make more money on the Bronco if you walk. I am sure it's the reason they are taking a hard stance on this.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
Where is your signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE you ordered your Bronco? It will list everything the two of you agreed to. Signed. Where are the emails too because that is a legal document too with agreement BEFORE you signed an agreement? Why are you showing this unsigned document to us? Unless you did not have a signed agreement BEFORE you placed the order to FORD. Now you want Bronco6G to TROLL a dealer on your behalf? Well at least you can say you are not the only one as others have done the same. But not me. I got a signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE I placed my order with a trail of emails too. All legally signed no ADM and invoice pricing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is your signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE you ordered your Bronco? It will list everything the two of you agreed to. Signed. Where are the emails too because that is a legal document too with agreement BEFORE you signed an agreement? Why are you showing this? Unless you did not have a signed agreement BEFORE you place the order to FORD. Now you want Bronco6G to TRoll a dealer on your behalf? Well at least you can say you are not the only one as others have done the same. But not me. I got a signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE I placed my order with a trail of emails too. All legally signed no ATM and invoice pricing.
Where is the dealers agreement with the reservation holder that all of these fees were ok? It doesnt exist. Everyone needs to stop blaming reservation holders that put their faith in Ford's order system only to fall pray to bad dealers.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Unfortunately, they are adamant that they will not remove the "accessories" fees. I either say yes, or cancel my reservation and they keep it and sell it for $20k over msrp. That is literally what the sales manager told me.
You should ask them to spray on a can or two of Scotch Guard for $299.95. Close the deal, advertise the scam.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly me. I‘ve gone my whole life with old fashioned air in my tires.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where is your signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE you ordered your Bronco? It will list everything the two of you agreed to. Signed. Where are the emails too because that is a legal document too with agreement BEFORE you signed an agreement? Why are you showing this? Unless you did not have a signed agreement BEFORE you place the order to FORD. Now you want Bronco6G to TRoll a dealer on your behalf? Well at least you can say you are not the only one as others have done the same. But not me. I got a signed agreement with the dealer BEFORE I placed my order with a trail of emails too. All legally signed no ATM and invoice pricing.
Art you special
Show us your signed agreement or it never happened.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see it as simple as your order confirmation sheet didn't include any of these options, signed or not. You're not fighting ADM, you're straight up fighting being required to purchase physical goods and services you didn't request. The order confirmation was exactly what you ordered, nothing more, nothing less. Those accessories won't hold ground anywhere, especially since they aren't even on the car yet. Stand firm against it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lawley have been thieves for years. I made the mistake of buying a 2005 Nissan Titan from their Nissan store, terrible experience when I had problems with the truck.

You’re stuck paying for their bullshit dealer scam, but I would request they don’t hack the factory harness to install their BS alarm. Their third grade educated meth addict installer will not take care to do it right.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see it as simple as your order confirmation sheet didn't include any of these options, signed or not. You're not fighting ADM, you're straight up fighting being required to purchase physical goods and services you didn't request. The order confirmation was exactly what you ordered, nothing more, nothing less. Those accessories won't hold ground anywhere, especially since they aren't even on the car yet. Stand firm against it.
Doing my best, but the GM straight out said NO! Perhaps the owner will reach out? Not sure what other recourse I have. FYI, I have the "Order Summary" from when I placed my order. It had the MSRP and factory options. At the bottom, it did say "This is not an invoice." I understand that dealers charge fees for this and that, but they need to be more transparent and let buyers know ahead of time, not wait 2 weeks before delivery--which by the way, I had to reach out to them to ask for a buyer's sheet.
Sponsored