Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Nitro Fill is my favorite fraud. Its an off road vehicle that you'll be airing up and down every trip, so that's ludicrous! And, Costco puts Nitrogen in your tires for free! I'd start by getting that removed!. Otherwise, you may be stuck with it. And then, get more accessory discounting, I'd $settle for $1,000, and close the deal. Otherwise, you may be stuck with it. Or, once the sale is complete, the dealer has a former customer.
I remember when I worked at the Toyota store in South Lake Tahoe, the nitro was their fav add-on. I think it costs less than a $1 to fill the tires. I took a picture of it in a sales meeting. Iā€™ll see if I can find it. Total rip off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember when I worked at the Toyota store in South Lake Tahoe, the nitro was their fav add-on. I think it costs less than a $1 to fill the tires. I took a picture of it in a sales meeting. Iā€™ll see if I can find it. Total rip off.
Trust me, I get it. I don't want any of those accessories, but they are adamant about adding them to "make profit." I can't back out now or I will lose the reservation. I also tried to switch dealerships 2 months ago for some other issues I had and Ford said it was a 30 day wait. Fast forward 60+ days and still not change. I'm pretty much stuck. Calling Ford didn't help. I know I can refuse to have the "accessories" added, but according to the GM, they will not budge on the cost. Had I known about this when I made the reservation, I would certainly have not chosen their dealership.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doing my best, but the GM straight out said NO! Perhaps the owner will reach out? Not sure what other recourse I have. FYI, I have the "Order Summary" from when I placed my order. It had the MSRP and factory options. At the bottom, it did say "This is not an invoice." I understand that dealers charge fees for this and that, but they need to be more transparent and let buyers know ahead of time, not wait 2 weeks before delivery--which by the way, I had to reach out to them to ask for a buyer's sheet.
The only thing I would say is that every car on their lot has those same fees on the supplemental sticker. Next time check that decal to the right side of the factory sticker on any of their cars. AZ dealerships are lousy with those sorts of fees. My folks for a new Toyota from one of the Tucson dealerships last fall, the dealer had $2100 worth of crap (nitrogen, tint, auto butler, door edge guards) and a $5K ADM on the car. I worked with dealerships for many years, they pay $80 for tinting a full car using cheap film, have a machine for nitrogen, cents for door edge guards, and donā€™t even get me started on the automatic car scratcher. I got on the phone to negotiate and got the sales manager to drop the ADM and split the BS add ons with me fully understanding they are basically ADM. The deal ended up good since their trade was worth a bunch.

Ask the GM to just charge the fee as an ADM and not touch the truck. Blast them on the Ford survey and Google reviews after the fact.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$300 for nitrogen is beyond excessive, especially since one is going to air down at some point anyways.
$1 for nitrogen is excessive, since it's worthless. Beyond $100 is rare. $299 is a complete shakedown.

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trust me, I get it. I don't want any of those accessories, but they are adamant about adding them to "make profit." I can't back out now or I will lose the reservation. I also tried to switch dealerships 2 months ago for some other issues I had and Ford said it was a 30 day wait. Fast forward 60+ days and still not change. I'm pretty much stuck. Calling Ford didn't help. I know I can refuse to have the "accessories" added, but according to the GM, they will not budge on the cost. Had I known about this when I made the reservation, I would certainly have not chosen their dealership.
Is there a local TV Consumer Reporter? I bet they would love to do a story on dealerships that are adding these unnecessary and unrequested items to vehicles we ordered directly from Ford and have waited months to receive. Depending on how much you want to push them threaten to complain as loudly and widely as you can if they don't remove these extra charges.

My dealer tried this too, but backed down pretty quickly when I told him I would leverage social media, including this forum if they didn't remove the charges.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is the dealers agreement with the reservation holder that all of these fees were ok? It doesnt exist. Everyone needs to stop blaming reservation holders that put their faith in Ford's order system only to fall pray to bad dealers.
If you had a written order agreement that document would never exist. Period. Welcome to the real world.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If everyone on this thread alone just googled this dealership and gave them a single star with some nasty reviews - they will yield - its happened several times already - with the documentation this buyer has - no doubt this dealership - deserves what they get from this community in terms of reviews.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg

Check AR Vehicle Code for something like this,
Ford Bronco Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package" 1642487174404

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
If everyone on this thread alone just googled this dealership and gave them a single star with some nasty reviews - they will yield - its happened several times already - with the documentation this buyer has - no doubt this dealership - deserves what they get from this community in terms of reviews.
I'm in, share the dealer info??

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doing my best, but the GM straight out said NO! Perhaps the owner will reach out? Not sure what other recourse I have. FYI, I have the "Order Summary" from when I placed my order. It had the MSRP and factory options. At the bottom, it did say "This is not an invoice." I understand that dealers charge fees for this and that, but they need to be more transparent and let buyers know ahead of time, not wait 2 weeks before delivery--which by the way, I had to reach out to them to ask for a buyer's sheet.
I like the idea of having members post reviews to help you straighten them out.

"Dealer added fees and accessories not agreed to - do not buy from them."

6 pages of replies to this topic. All you have to do is ask and I'm in!

No vehicle is worth getting screwed over.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right? No such luck. It went all the way up to the GM and Owner, and they all said no.
as a dealership employee, this is embarrassing. Honestly buy it and burn them on the survey. it really does affect them for allocation and recognition awards and then burn them on yelp n shit

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went ahead and left a negative google review for you. I don't care that you didn't have a signed agreement like some of the other members on here want to beat you up for. Putting on options that you didn't order and don't want is still shady in my opinion. I also wouldn't walk away, yea it sucks but its a small price to pay to get your car and I would just hammer them with negative comments after the fact.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet Jesus....$300 nitrogen. I was getting cylinders of it refilled for my kart tires for $30. Lasted me all season for my kart and various track days in my Mustang. I would go with the 78% nitrogen option.
But thereā€™s that $100/hour shop labor. And there are 5 stem caps to remove. What a joke!!!
Sponsored