Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see no correlation to to the video and a Bronco. The 110 is setup for overlanding where you would want smaller diameter tires. 90's and 110's weren't designed to have large tires. You need a lift just to barely fit 33's on a Defender.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 2019 Raptor with Titan7 wheel ... forged and comes in at 20.6 pounds. I saved 11 pounds per corner when compared to stock.

BTW .. these are 35s. Jumping to 37s on a Raptor takes a lot of $$ if you want to do it right.

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596749748716

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596749896512

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 1596749915604

You and I think the same way, I don't care what others think, it has to be right for me. I like subtle mods that make the vehicle drive better, and look the way I want. Here is my GT350 I wanted it to look like Ford might have made it this way. The wheels are each 13 lbs lighter. They are stock GT350 width, but with GT350R offset in the front, and regular GT350 offset in the rear. Along with Carbon Fiber driveshaft, and resonator delete makes it drive like a different car, handles better, has more power, gets better fuel millage. But bet you can't tell it isn't 100% stock

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My build of choice is Black Diamond with 2.7L engine & hard top, but I really want the rims and 33" All terrains from the Badlands. I feel that will be plenty off road capable with the rear lockers. Do you think Ford will allow me the 33" tire setup on the Black Diamond?
I doubt it, but I hope I am wrong. Black Diamond w/ 33” ATs and 2.7L would be my build of choice as well, in terms of balancing capability and my budget. The Badlands is a little pricier than I can justify and has more off road capability than I will likely use.

Last edited:

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2019 Raptor with Titan7 wheel ... forged and comes in at 20.6 pounds. I saved 11 pounds per corner when compared to stock.

BTW .. these are 35s. Jumping to 37s on a Raptor takes a lot of $$ if you want to do it right.

sweet I looked into those wheels, might have been you who mentioned them, just got to get them to make some center caps. I had these made for my GT350

wheel.jpg

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sweet I looked into those wheels, might have been you who mentioned them, just got to get them to make some center caps. I had these made for my GT350

wheel.jpg
Who made those wheels? I also have a 2017 gt350. Those look really good. Forgeline?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who made those wheels? I also have a 2017 gt350. Those look really good. Forgeline?
yes Forgeline and they are awesome. Though not cheep, and you have to ask them to do those center caps. They don't advertise they can do them, but they will. If you call them you can negotiate they gave me a few hundred off each wheel

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This has been a perfect thread for me to read and digest. I'm buying the vehicle for the street. Some of you have actually had a pleasant experience with 35's on the highway. That certainly has not been my experience, but I'm willing to be open-minded about the possibility of Ford not selling something to the public that would be as absolutely deplorable on the highway as I find my daughter's Jeep Wrangler with 35's. It doesn't much matter because Wifey wants nothing to do with off-roading nor does she want to carry a step ladder to get inside the vehicle. Only time will tell what the Sasquatch experience on the street will be like. Sure like listening to you rowdies talking about it though.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes Forgeline and they are awesome. Though not cheep, and you have to ask them to do those center caps. They don't advertise they can do them, but they will. If you call them you can negotiate they gave me a few hundred off each wheel
Cool - what model should I ask for?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All good points, unless you actually traverse rocky trails. You can't fake ground clearance. And once you air down, you have lost a significant amount of sidewall height. Then when you load a corner, you lose more. For my needs, I will be stuffing the biggest tire I can fit under it. Going to have to make up for some loss or articulation as well.
You can’t fake articulation either, and if you stuff your fenders full of tire to get ground clearance, you reduce your articulation.

This by the way is where SFA makes it easier and less costly to get MOAR of both.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 35s will weigh more, and it's rotating weight
If you get your 35s by way of Sasquatch you get new gearing to help with that. But if you just put bigger tires on you will have slower acceleration. And even if you do get Sasquatch, your bronco will likely brake a bit longer than one with lighter tires

Many things that make a rig better off road, can have a negative effect on road manners

Most here probably won't care if the 60-0 braking distance goes up by 5 feet though, that's not really the point of this truck
And that’s why you get the steel bumpers ?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool - what model should I ask for?
I have the regular GA1R but they make a bunch of wheels in the one Piece Monoblock series
https://forgeline.com/series/one-piece-monoblock-series-wheels

Just make sure you tell them especially in the rear do the regular GT350 offset, they like to do the R offset if you don't specify. They had to redo my rears, I didn't like the R offset as they stick out further
Though R offset in front is fine

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can’t fake articulation either, and if you stuff your fenders full of tire to get ground clearance, you reduce your articulation.

This by the way is where SFA makes it easier and less costly to get MOAR of both.
How does getting bigger tires reduce articulation? Your not changing your upward stop point and the suspension should still travel the same amount as before.

I keep seeing this and I guess I’m not getting what’s changed.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does getting bigger tires reduce articulation? Your not changing your upward stop point and the suspension should still travel the same amount as before.

I keep seeing this and I guess I’m not getting what’s changed.
they might put in different bump stops, that's my guess

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I do not disagree my friend. After a difficult rated trail weekend before last and the JKUR not breaking a sweat, it is a little difficult to give up that articulation when I can run bump stop to bump stop and lock to lock without rubbing and the 35s stuffed all the way in the stock fenders.

For Sale: 2017 JKUR Built... minus the front axle (need it for my SFA swap) ;)

Pre-planning is the key to every successful mission.

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) 115969095_10220547314544986_2323029213059670628_o
Sponsored