BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-)

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, just a lot of dangerous vehicles out there on the interstate cause people put on what looks cool instead of what's going to keep the truck on the road. I don't buy tires on looks. They are just too important.
We get it, you don’t care about appearance. Did you apply the same logic to your significant other? This could get interesting...
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We get it, you don’t care about appearance. Did you apply the same logic to your significant other? This could get interesting...

We were both drunk when we met, so...
Saw a girl down a bottle of Boon's Farm and toss the empty over her shoulder without looking where it was going and I knew she was the one. Function my friend.
Looks only go so far, even in people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FSUGolfPro7671
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All good points, unless you actually traverse rocky trails. You can't fake ground clearance. And once you air down, you have lost a significant amount of sidewall height. Then when you load a corner, you lose more. For my needs, I will be stuffing the biggest tire I can fit under it. Going to have to make up for some loss or articulation as well.
Well Put (y)

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I keep going back and forth. What I think I will end up doing is getting the Badlands with 33s, then wait and see if I want to go 35 down the road. I am thinking there will be good aftermarket suspension stuff that will not only fit 35s, but will maintain or increase articulation, over the sasquatch package.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sasquatching for looks, and looks only. There, I said it. Flame away.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly think the 32 will be fine. bigger tires equals louder noise as well. I kind of think the sasquatch 35's looks a little weird as well.

maybe if i was 18-35 years old or a hard core off roader I would feel diferently

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm waffling between 33's and 35's. I'm almost leaning towards 33's if they come if better articulation.

It has been many years since I wheeled seriously in Arizona, but my YJ with '31's did pretty darn good, just because it could articulate really well. Well articulating 33's would have been nice, and I watched lots of Jeeps on 33's tackle some serious obstacles.

For the Bronco, I almost lean towards 33's (I'm in Ohio now, with plans to get back to AZ), and by the time I get to AZ there will probably be aftermarket to get me to well articulating 35's.

Anyways - I feel like it is a blend of tire size *and* articulation that give you a good rock crawling rig, not tire size alone. Well articulating 33's will beat 35's that can't flex.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly think the 32 will be fine. bigger tires equals louder noise as well. I kind of think the sasquatch 35's looks a little weird as well
Heh! I love the road noise! I finally upgraded the tires on my Jeep Liberty (don't laugh!!!) and my favorite thing about them is the hum from them! Now it sounds like a Jeep!

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chevy Trucks and Mustangs account for 87% of all accidents. #science ?
Alright. This legit made me chuckle. My wife rear ended a Chevy truck in her Mustang when she was back in high school.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they offer a 35 All terrain option???
The Looks I want and the functionality I need!

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 33's will do everything I need. If upgrading the Badlands to a Sasquatch is cheap, I'll do it. (It's just wheels, tires, and a small lift since it already has the suspension stuff.) If it's costly, I'll go with 33's, and consider getting larger tires a la cart.
Looks/style matters to me, but I'm doing some freeway driving, light towing, etc. Trails will be the minority.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs