indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd also like to add that if the Sasquatch package was only available to the FE/WT for MY'21 that would have retained the exclusive feature option and distinguished them apart from the lower trims.

Ford then could have offered the Sasquatch package on the Badlands and OBX in addition to the WT for the MY'22. Slowly each year offer the package to lower trims. It would have driven sales to higher trims and created less constraints on the Sasquatch package as the components wouldn't have been available for the lower trims.

The Base trim should have only served as the entry level sub-30K marketing point. But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.
I still feel like a lot of people these days want the extras and trinkets. Electronic doodads, heated seats, etc. So even base Sas would not be sufficient for them. I wonder how many other than some more hardcore value buyers, are buying the base Sas. I'm not sure it's greatly impacting the upscale model prices, but will see.

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reads like a ranty FB post. I'm not even sure I understood the point trying to be made.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High prices for editions may fall away, but until availability gets up there, there will be a premium on Broncos across the board.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look forward to the day that people that paid way over msrp are whining about losing so much money when trading in, not worth it for a vehicle that will be in every other driveway in 2-3 years like the Jeep is

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising that the market is drying up. People who want the higher trims have had their order in for 18 months now. Dealers are able to steer customers walking in from the street to lower trims and get build dates in short order (and not that much further out than most SUVs these days). You have a little bit of a market for higher trim buyers without a res, but as it was said, how many Saudi Princes are there?

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I might add that the dealers on the dealer to dealer network have the First Edition vs the non First Edition vehicles priced 15-20k apart even if their sticker price is within hundreds or a thousand of one another.

Again with 95% of them with the make offer option.

two weeks ago there was one page of dealer to dealer cars, there are 45 on a page, this morning there are 3 pages and 20-30 going down the lane but remember the auctions are closed so its not live.

over 200 have been added in the last two weeks, compare that to the number of people that say their dealer screwed them when the car arrived.

265-70 is a lot of vehicles with less than 1000 limes on them

the numbers are all a pattern, 4cyl no one wants if its a 4dr
Fe 4 doors are still regularly selling for mid $80k and have all month so far at Manheim auctions all over the country. Not one has sold for less than that this month so far looking at sales. Not the 90k to 100k when few were out there but still a high premium above retail. They aren't going to keep paying this if they aren't getting it on the retail side. So plenty seem to still be willing to pay the premiums.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found a dealer with with a $53K 2dr base, only option was roof rack.....I hope it rots on his lot. He bought it at auction.
This price situation is a result of a first time vehicle model offering, combined with production issues further constricting availability (hardtop/chip shortage/covid). The premium pricing has gotten dragged out due to that stuff, but is unsustainable on what will be a common mass produced vehicle.

For now mostly it's a matter of finding a nice dealer, or paying extra, to be an early kid on the block. Also perceived demand on a forum like this, can be different than the larger reality. Sooner or later Ford dealers will burn through the people willing to pay ADM or for "required extras" etc.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dont understand all of the hate for those paying msrp or admins. I'm not personally going to, but it's their $ and if they want one bad enough it's their right to do so.

If you don't want to, don't. But instead of being a hater be happy that people are finally getting their hands on broncos and I'd personally love to see mine keep its value like the trd pro Toyotas and rubicon jeeps do.

Last edited:

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You all remember when the Jeep Wrangler first came out? Yeah no. I don't think anyone can predict anything these days and the market data available is unreliable, even at this point-too small of a sample size. The vehicle was purpose-built for enthusiasts, not solely to make a profit. Look at the "Bronco Sport" for that-it was a way to capitalize on the namesake. The Bronco was meant to be for everyone, modular to fit your lifestyle and priced to fit your budget. I'm not on Ford's side, in fact, I'm pretty pissed that it's taken so long for me to get mine, but this post only really grabs attention to those most....(realizing my zealous nature was drawn into the bait...dammit.)

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep Gladiator took about 30,00 vehicles to settle into normal order times / pricing. Plenty of them sitting on lots since then - let's make a deal.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This price situation is a result of a first time vehicle model offering, combined with production issues further constricting availability (hardtop/chip shortage/covid). The premium pricing has gotten dragged out due to that stuff, but is unsustainable on what will be a common mass produced vehicle.

For now mostly it's a matter of finding a nice dealer, or paying extra, to be an early kid on the block. Also perceived demand on a forum like this, can be different than the larger reality. Sooner or later Ford dealers will burn through the people willing to pay ADM or for "required extras" etc.
Patience will likely be rewarded with lower prices, for sure. But for now scarcity rules and so prices are what they are. I'm not a fan of the admins or mkt adjustments at all but it obviously doesn't deter many that are wanting their Broncos now.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
i think most normal people knew this would happen once they started hitting the streets with normality. when Franks or Steve can go into a Ford dealership, order a bronco, get a build date 2 months later, the craziness is over. that is what is happening now. there are not enough people who care about a first edition once they realize that they were NOT actual first editions and just a trim level. they would be more valuable if they were the first 10,000 to roll of the lot, but they were not even close to being that. now that much of the hype has cooled and it is almost normal buying procedure, i dont think the general public or even the crazy public that were willing to spend loads of money to be one of the first to get a bronco is active any longer. if people sold them and made a big profit, more power to them. i was bummed to hear a friend of mine did just that. bought a base model for $39k, put wheels and tires on it for $3k and sold it for $55k. i do think that is over now on all levels and the "First Editions" wont have as much value as people thought down the road with how the launch was handled and these trims not being a true First Edition. end rant
Sponsored