drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's taking them four thousand years to deliver the first one, I'll be long dead before I consider buying another one.
Haven’t they only been producing Broncos for 8 months? From what I heard there is just so many people who want one. Not justifying it but with chip shortages and hard top constraints I’m amazed they’ve gotten out what they have already. I ordered mine in October and wasn’t hopeful I’d get it as fast as I did.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haven’t they only been producing Broncos for 8 months? From what I heard there is just so many people who want one. Not justifying it but with chip shortages and hard top constraints I’m amazed they’ve gotten out what they have already. I ordered mine in October and wasn’t hopeful I’d get it as fast as I did.
And the people who reserved over a year before you, starting July 14, 2020, and still have no Bronco, get the shaft.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the people who reserved over a year before you, starting July 14, 2020, and still have no Bronco, get the shaft.
I reserved day one but it got screwed up by my dealer so I had to start over. But yeah I really hate the reservation system it has no real logic. It doesn’t seem to give anyone any benefits at all. It’s not like Ford actually reserved you anything. Buildable units are what takes priority since that’s where the profit will come from. Sucks

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even with a July 2020 "Reservation" the original projection for start of production was somewhere around April with "full" production not expected until June/July. With the incredible number of reservations Ford would have never met the July reservations for a 2021 model. Just do the math, 10,000 unit per month for 6/7 months would have only built 60-70,000 of 2021's.

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regarding who will win the EV race - Bill Ford just said 'It's all going to come down to who can understand the customer, how they live their life, and what they're looking for in a vehicle'. Not only has Ford lost that race - they're dead last. You know what I'm looking for in a vehicle? That it's in my driveway! They showed their true colors when they screwed the early reservation holders by changing the allocation formula. If I ever get it, this Bronco will be the last Ford I ever own.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regarding who will win the EV race - Bill Ford just said 'It's all going to come down to who can understand the customer, how they live their life, and what they're looking for in a vehicle'. Not only has Ford lost that race - they're dead last. You know what I'm looking for in a vehicle? That it's in my driveway! They showed their true colors when they screwed the early reservation holders by changing the allocation formula. If I ever get it, this Bronco will be the last Ford I ever own.
"You know what I'm looking for in a vehicle? That it's in my driveway!"

Amen.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back on topic, to the point of the thread, before it gets shut down, great news for the future of ICE Bronco's.
Yup... sounds like they'll continue to build ICE vehicles as long as they are profitable.

Probably will see a hybrid Bronco in the not-too-distant future. Find it hard to believe we'll see an all-electric Bronco any time soon. Just need some more time for the technology to advance. All-electric is feasible for daily drivers or vehicles intended to be driven around heavily populated areas. Doesn't really work for an off-road adventure vehicle—at least not yet.

BUT, probably only a matter of time.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have to understand context. Everything 'in the works' today is predicated on an extension of one of society's mega-trends: urbanization. I forget the exact percentages, but I think USA has gone from ~3% urban to ~55% urban in the last 100 years.

But will that continue??? Urban centers are fast becoming shitholes. Carbon-capture...Covid...Technology...many large employers have already announced a somewhat permanent 'work-from-home' structure.

If you think EVs rule the future, you should invest in some downtown office buildings.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno... I still think ICE will be a thing for a while, but car companies need to adapt and roll with the changes or risk being left in the dust. I think there needs to be a balance.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the speed at which EVs take over is going to be driven mostly by how much and how quickly the government mandates that the price, availability, and performance of ICEs get worse. It's not something that is going to be primarily driven by technology, environmental impact, or consumer demand.

Personally I don't care what makes my car go, if it gets the job done. If EVs make my driving experience better and/or cheaper, I will happily switch to them. Just please don't rig the game in their favor by making my options fewer, worse, or more expensive, and I'll be a happy camper.

Mayo Nayze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not slowing down on ICE vehicles

Ford, however, has no plans to curb production of its gasoline-powered vehicles.
“We continue to see a lot of opportunity in the ICE business,” said Lawler, who called it a “strategic advantage.”

Farley noted the company would increasingly focus its ICE business around products with passionate owners, like Bronco SUVs or Mustang sports cars."

https://www.autonews.com/manufactur...m_campaign=20220203&utm_content=hero-headline
You sure he doesn't mean Ice Mountain?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that thinks it will be less than 20 years before electric vehicles are relevant is delusional.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.