First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The double honk disable must be specific to model year or package. I have a 22 Badlands high package FWIW.
For those of you who it did not work for, post up your specs so we can at least see what it *may* work on.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question? Does the proximity trigger the horn honk and will the vehicle realize you're out of the vehicle even though no door was opened/shut? Anyone with doors off try this yet?
No, the proximity sensor will not cause the horn to double honk if you get out with the key in your pocket, engine running and door open.

However, if the driver is out of the vehicle, key in pocket, engine running, door open and a passenger decides to get out and closes their door, you will get the dreaded double honk.

Best thing to do is disable it via FORscan

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is getting to be summer time so I'll throw this one out there. Lots of you already know this but I'm sure there are some that don't.

Unlock and roll down all of your windows with your key fob:
double press the unlock button and hold it down on the second press for 4 or 5 seconds.

Works great in the Florida heat to let out that initial blast of heat.
You figure out how to get them to roll back up remotely? :p

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are two double-honk scenarios that I'm aware of. One is a case in which the vehicle cannot be locked securely, such as if a door is ajar or something. There is a user-configurable vehicle setting for that when the car is stopped, using the central screen.

The other is when the car is running. I tried the described approach and that had no effect. The only thing I know of that will keep the car from honking at me is if I leave a key in the car when it's running. If the OP hid one in the center console and relies upon the keyless entry feature of a keypad, perhaps that's what's happening?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are two double-honk scenarios that I'm aware of. One is a case in which the vehicle cannot be locked securely, such as if a door is ajar or something. There is a user-configurable vehicle setting for that when the car is stopped, using the central screen.

The other is when the car is running. I tried the described approach and that had no effect. The only thing I know of that will keep the car from honking at me is if I leave a key in the car when it's running. If the OP hid one in the center console and relies upon the keyless entry feature of a keypad, perhaps that's what's happening?
My keys never leave my Bronco and I dont know what this double honk yall speak of is....

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you leave the driver's door open it will not double honk.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The double honk disable must be specific to model year or package. I have a 22 Badlands high package FWIW.
For those of you who it did not work for, post up your specs so we can at least see what it *may* work on.
Didn't work for me: I have a 22 badlands, 4 door high package. Can you make a video of how to do it?

Last edited:

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This should be pinned and added to as new hacks are found. To the first post.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just hold the key fob next to the pillar besides the door and then you can close the door without it honking. Every Ford I've owned or driven with the intelligent access keyless entry/ keyless ignition worked this way, holding the fob near the window/ door/ roof/ b-pillar etc all will keep the vehicle from double honking.

I've done this with my 13 Focus ST, 16 Mustang GT, 22 Bronco Outer Banks. My dad's 13 Escape Titanium, and 18 Ecoboost Mustang convertible, and a rental 18 or 19 Mustang Ecoboost convertible among others I'm probably forgetting.

Yes you'll need to take it out of a pocket or bag, but it's completely free and doesn't require coordinated sequences on the fob or diving into Forscan.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just hold the key fob next to the pillar besides the door and then you can close the door without it honking. Every Ford I've owned or driven with the intelligent access keyless entry/ keyless ignition worked this way, holding the fob near the window/ door/ roof/ b-pillar etc all will keep the vehicle from double honking.

I've done this with my 13 Focus ST, 16 Mustang GT, 22 Bronco Outer Banks. My dad's 13 Escape Titanium, and 18 Ecoboost Mustang convertible, and a rental 18 or 19 Mustang Ecoboost convertible among others I'm probably forgetting.

Yes you'll need to take it out of a pocket or bag, but it's completely free and doesn't require coordinated sequences on the fob or diving into Forscan.
This is because you are fooling the car into thinking the key is still inside because of proximity. The double honk when you have the vehicle running but leave with the key.

My hack for this is just to not close the door all the way when I need to get out with it running haha

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is because you are fooling the car into thinking the key is still inside because of proximity. The double honk when you have the vehicle running but leave with the key.

My hack for this is just to not close the door all the way when I need to get out with it running haha
That's the point, the car thinks that the key never left, therefore no double honk. Thus tricking the system to behaving without actually leaving the door open or the fob inside the car. You can then lock the door and secure it this way.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't work for me. Build info in my signature.

On a side note, when I read this fix I literally immediately jumped up from my desk and ran outside to try it I was so excited lol! The lights double blinked and I thought I was home free! Cranked it and shut the door........... **HONK HONK!!** WHYYYYYYYYYYY????? Lololol!!!

OP
OP
AZMikeL

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on the double honk. It still does do it when I close the door. I could have sworn that I tested that the other day. I guess this goes forscan bin 😬

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So no beers for AZ Mike....
Sponsored