TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will just the inside pic due? I didn’t realize I wouldn’t be driving it home!

C12D46FB-0736-4E67-BC06-7EA7E017F333.jpeg
All nicely packaged in it's prophylactics. #safebroncoriding
Sponsored

First Name
Mime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area51 Wildtrak.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

although this is really rare, there are protocols for identifying problems on the assembly line and if the problem (could be a bolt or a wire or an employee torque spec problem) Ford can look back and see which vehicles were finished in a batch to inspect and/or recall them. It is smart of Ford to fix it before delivery and they don’t want the press out about the issue so they don’t even let the dealer know what the problem is. Reputation is everything when it comes to brand.

First Name
Mime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area51 Wildtrak.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, must have been a reinstallation needed or something to be added. And the dealership would charge Ford thousands of dollars to do a simple install. Ford said Nope, send it back.

Bets anyone?
More likely it was a safety issue and Fire is protecting its brand.

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

a truck is considered delivered when it's signed for insured and all 4 tires hit the road outside of the dealer.. this was not delivered. :unsure:

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is such a joke- ford really is the JV squad. if i could photoshop i would put levine and farley in here and change Bozo's to Ford's!
Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 1653352327211

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
although this is really rare, there are protocols for identifying problems on the assembly line and if the problem (could be a bolt or a wire or an employee torque spec problem) Ford can look back and see which vehicles were finished in a batch to inspect and/or recall them. It is smart of Ford to fix it before delivery and they don’t want the press out about the issue so they don’t even let the dealer know what the problem is. Reputation is everything when it comes to brand.
Makes perfect sense to me!

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 1653352327211
Did the VIN number match your order?

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Makes perfect sense to me!
That’s the most plausible reason imo. But I also believe that Ford had to urgently remove the accidentally installed FLUX CAPACITOR, so you don’t accidentally be send back to the future after hit 85 mph, or be zapped with 1.21 GigaWatts.

lahinch18

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, must have been a reinstallation needed or something to be added. And the dealership would charge Ford thousands of dollars to do a simple install. Ford said Nope, send it back.

Bets anyone?
Typically, dealerships don’t get to tell Ford what the cost of repairs will be. All dealerships are tied to their sales and service agreement and that means Ford sets the labor times and rates dealerships get reimbursed - which often times is inadequate.
That being said, the last 2.5 years has presented some very weird episodes in the automotive business.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know it sucks but maybe ford saved you from one of those I only had 500 miles on it and it blew.
Its not like they are canceling you just delaying you.

GOOSE GOOSE

Black Diamond
First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FARM TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think that whole semi load is going back? There is one on there that looks just like my wife’s Cactus grey BD that we are hoping will be delivered this week.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This doesn’t make sense. I’ve never heard of a manufacturer taking a car back. Ever.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would bet on some kind of damage that would be better off being fixed at MAP. Like maybe they found some part underneath scratched or dented. All kind of things happen during the shipping process.

If the dealer fixed it, then the process is much more difficult. Shipping it back to MAP would have it literally good as new. With the same parts it that were used the first time without the damage.

Probably found whatever it was during pdi.

Just a guess.
Sponsored