Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

please tell me everything about those trim rings! I feel like this is the first time seeing on base wheels love it!
Where did you get them?
I saw them on another member’s post and ordered from Amazon. I got the stainless ones but they also have chrome. Install was easy they just pop right in and are held in place with metal clips. They will not come loose and I think they really finish off the look the wheel. Link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S94ES8/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_1SEEW5CFQ7B7MWQQ4KC2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to do the same to my base 4dr SAS 2.7. Yes, I’m going to remove the SAS wheels/tires and install BD steelies with 255/80 17s. I want the locking axles, suspension and the extra lift of the SAS but don’t care for the wheels and 315s.
We currently have a hard loaded Badlands that my wife has fallen in love with…..so the incoming Base will be mine.

Last edited:

tklein3364

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright friends. Hoping you guys can help a sis out. I just got my bronco on Friday and we took it to Ohio Pyle which is a state park near us. I locked my keys in the bronco (using ford pass on my phone) and then when we came back my phone WOULD NOT unlock my car. Long story short I managed to slide one of the windows out and get in that way but I’m so confused. Why would that happen?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright friends. Hoping you guys can help a sis out. I just got my bronco on Friday and we took it to Ohio Pyle which is a state park near us. I locked my keys in the bronco (using ford pass on my phone) and then when we came back my phone WOULD NOT unlock my car. Long story short I managed to slide one of the windows out and get in that way but I’m so confused. Why would that happen?
The keypad can be had for $200, your dealer can install it, and it can be placed anywhere (the A pillar, inside gas door, behind spare tire).........well worth it. Just a thought, hope you figure out the cell phone thing.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you slide a window out?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will saw, i don't like the fordpass app and disconnected it from my bronco as soon as i got home. I trust Ford to build a car, but their reservation process pretty much taught me i couldn't depend on their software. Everything is too glitchy right now. Even the backup camera is glitchy. Screen is not smooth like my Honda accord that cost half as much. It's like im seeing frames instead of video. I still love the bronco, but Ford software is definitely not apple/google/Microsoft level, even if they are using some of their softwares

Maybe one day I'll give it another go

tklein3364

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What? Omg, At that point, why even lock the car?
Well… obviously I never thought it was that easy to get those windows out OR that my app wouldn’t unlock my car when I literally locked it a few hours prior. So lesson learned I just didn’t know if it happened to anyone else

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well… obviously I never thought it was that easy to get those windows out OR that my app wouldn’t unlock my car when I literally locked it a few hours prior. So lesson learned I just didn’t know if it happened to anyone else
I never tried it. Maybe(with your 2nd set available) do some testing. I wonder if the keys were not in the car if the app will unlock the doors.

Sounds like you are the guinea pig on this

tklein3364

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never tried it. Maybe(with your 2nd set available) do some testing. I wonder if the keys were not in the car if the app will unlock the doors.

Sounds like you are the guinea pig on this
Hahaha I will test and let you know. My salesman told me we could lock the keys in it and unlock with the app so he’ll be getting a call when the holiday is over 🤣👍 but the state park has really bad service so I’m not sure if that’s why it wasn’t working. I have no idea. But I am traumatized lol

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of you who have swapped the base wheels/tires out immediately, what have you done with the old ones?

Would a tire shop give credit towards new tires if these are nearly brand new? And I can't imagine there is a big market for base steelies online either..

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello fellow base peeps,

It's been a long time since I logged in to B6G. So long that I forgot I reserved a base way back in Sept 21. My first choice for color was Rapid Red followed by AMB but we all know how that turned out :confused:. I ended up choosing black as a placeholder. Of course Ford then unveiled Eruption Green.

Well, fast forward to a couple of days ago. I get this email:
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screenshot_20220531-201302_Gmail~2

It's a base base with the manual. Literally zero options. I thought about abandoning the order to get a different color (green = :love:) but I don't want to wait any longer.

I'm thinking of a retro style (polished aluminum slot wheels, retro graphics, etc) theme to emulate the early Broncos the best I can.

Now just gotta wait just a bit longer!

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of you who have swapped the base wheels/tires out immediately, what have you done with the old ones?

Would a tire shop give credit towards new tires if these are nearly brand new? And I can't imagine there is a big market for base steelies online either..
I had my dealer install 33" tires on my base wheels, they gave me like $50 a tire in credit for the takeoffs.
Sponsored