Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are everyone's thoughts on the 2.7L auto with 3.73 gearing? Not doing any crazy off-roading, would 33" tires feel fine on road? I currently have the 2.3L manual on order, but second guessing myself as south florida is full of highways.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and getting a base model? Count me in! 2-door, base, 7 speed, and sasquatch of course. Going for cactus grey, I am in AZ after all! I will add aux switches if available. Nothing else I really need, I'll go aftermarket!
I went Base have had it since December, and wouldn't change a thing. The money you save you can make it your own.

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are everyone's thoughts on the 2.7L auto with 3.73 gearing? Not doing any crazy off-roading, would 33" tires feel fine on road? I currently have the 2.3L manual on order, but second guessing myself as south florida is full of highways.
I have the V6 auto on a Base model love it and it's on 33's rides great!

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the 2.3l auto with 3.73 and 35s and I think it rights great. If anything, the shifting was too ambitious with the stock 30s and the 35s evened it out.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello Base owners,

If you guys don't mind, I'm looking for some feedback prior to the '23 model ordering process opening.

Has anyone had the chance to drive both a non-sas Base 2dr 7sp and non-sas Base 4dr Auto?

I reserved a Base 2 door 7sp (non-sas) on 7/2020 and ordered 3/2021. I'm still waiting and will be pushed to 2023 or much later (because of a low amount of monthly allocations).

My dilemma is this: Do I keep my Base 2dr 7sp order and wait it out or do I change to a Base 4dr auto for the slight possibility Ford decides to build those models first? Giving up driving manual is tough, but there are some pros to getting the 4dr auto...aside from the upcharge.

Thanks for any feedback. Just curious if anyone else was in the same predicament and knew right away after testing both. Unfortunately, with the way Ford has been managing all of this, I question whether I'll get one at all. Thanks.

Bernie

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Base 2 door 7sp (non-sas) on 7/2020 and ordered 3/2021. I'm still waiting and will be pushed to 2023 or much later (because of a low amount of monthly allocations).

My dilemma is this: Do I keep my Base 2dr 7sp order and wait it out or do I change to a Base 4dr auto for the slight possibility Ford decides to build those models first? Giving up driving manual is tough, but there are some pros to getting the 4dr auto...aside from the upcharge.
If you are thinking about going with larger tires (33s+) and enjoy a manual, stick with that simply for the better gearing. It's simply a guessing game if the manual or auto will get built first, not worth even considering, IMO.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Base owners,

If you guys don't mind, I'm looking for some feedback prior to the '23 model ordering process opening.

Has anyone had the chance to drive both a non-sas Base 2dr 7sp and non-sas Base 4dr Auto?

Thanks for any feedback. Just curious if anyone else was in the same predicament and knew right away after testing both. Unfortunately, with the way Ford has been managing all of this, I question whether I'll get one at all. Thanks.

Bernie
Get the manual trans!

If thereā€™s not an auto trans Bronco to test drive then drive the ranger, same engine and auto trans. If ranger was offered in the manual Iā€™d prob have bought it two years ago.

For me thereā€™s no benefit for getting the auto if this version of the manual is offered. With the start/stop and hill assist the manual is super easy and forgiving, and fun!!

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are thinking about going with larger tires (33s+) and enjoy a manual, stick with that simply for the better gearing. It's simply a guessing game if the manual or auto will get built first, not worth even considering, IMO.
I agree with this. I changed from the base wheel/tire to 33's on 17" wheels. Still a complete blast to drive. Hopefully your Bronco base will get built soon.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First I donā€™t think many on here won playing Bronco Lottery. They come, when they come.

Second, itā€™s a matter of deciding what you want. I have a 2 door Base, 2.3, manual. I love the peppiness. Itā€™s a small, quick, responsive, four wheel drive truck. I still have the base wheels and tires. Itā€™s scoots and I enjoy being the only Bronco on earth with that tire and wheel set up. LOL! I actually get a lot of positive comments about how good it looks.

i have a buddy with a 4 door, Wildtrack. His is a four door SUV, with a 2.7 auto. Cool vehicle, but not what I wanted. I didnā€™t want another 4 door SUV. his has all the bells and whistles. State of the art electronics. Huge tires.

in the end, you are the owner. Decide what you want and get it. Both are very cool vehicles.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Donā€™t get another 4 door...
Sponsored