ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably depends on who you ask. I'm more of a positive person (glass half full rather than half empty kind of guy) so just because I don't like something for one reason or another doesn't mean I think others should confirm my choices by believing and doing the same. When I say I think the OEM soft top looks like a saggy covered wagon and it has wavy windows... that isn't "bashing" it. Some people like/prefer that look. That doesn't make me right and them wrong nor vice-versa. There is a lid for every pot. The lid that fit my pot just happened to be the Bestop... but that may not be the right lid for your pot. It's not bashing your lid by any means. It's just discussing WHY I chose what I chose. Of course we could just say "I did it" and not really discuss "why I did it." I guess that is one way to not be considered a basher. But then you'll always have the people ask "why did you make that decision?" Hopefully people can explain why with out others constantly being offended by a differing view and equating it to bashing.

Is someone saying they don't like the slant of my Trektop really "bashing" it... or just conversation on likes and dislikes? I assume the latter.
^^
Agreed

Sadly this is the world we now live in.

#1 everybody posts everything online….nothing wrong with that express yourself, but also realize that anything posted is also fair game for any and all criticism be it positive or negative.

#2 if/when a negative criticism is received or simply anything that does not promote and celebrate the posting it is automatically condemned and seen as offensive or spiteful.

If you really don’t want or care to know what others think then why bother to post something online? People should still be allowed to have their own derived opinions about whatever they want, unfortunately we’ve become a society of if you don’t agree with me then you must obviously disagree with and therefore you’re somehow an evil person. SMH
Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2D BL on order for a year, but I will want to take the top down all the time. I wish you could actually pull the top off the frame easily and quickly and throw it in the garage when you know you do not need it for that day, etc.

The biggest concern I have is that the top does not go all the way down on the 2D. It might be acceptable, but extremely hard to find pictures of the top all the way down without rear windows attached, etc. Someone just posted this the other day and I might get used to it, but would rather it just come down normally like it does on the 4D.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1655336310622

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1655336686969

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...folded-down-and-doors-off.46049/#post-1457691

mjsmitty69

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak with 3.0 hoss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will buy one when they are available with the square back.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'd like is something like this:
top.jpg

Waterproof, lightweight, easy to put on and take off (entirely) whenever needed. Something for chance-of-rain days. Basically a rainfly for a Bronco. Does such a thing exist?
That is the Bestop Trektop in "safari" mode with the windows removed. It’s actually my favorite way to use it during sunny days.

It's also an advantage of the slant back, since the back of the top just overhangs the roll bar and doesn't look sort of goofy like the squared back which overhangs a lot more.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 8F1F28BA-BE76-4B44-899C-F3645E0D303B

Last edited:

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2D BL on order for a year, but I will want to take the top down all the time. I wish you could actually pull the top off the frame easily and quickly and throw it in the garage when you know you do not need it for that day, etc.

The biggest concern I have is that the top does not go all the way down on the 2D. It might be acceptable, but extremely hard to find pictures of the top all the way down without rear windows attached, etc. Someone just posted this the other day and I might get used to it, but would rather it just come down normally like it does on the 4D.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 8F1F28BA-BE76-4B44-899C-F3645E0D303B

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...folded-down-and-doors-off.46049/#post-1457691

That was my original concern as well. I can assure you though that from the cockpit it's actually better and more like having no top on. It is totally out of your line of vision from inside since it's sitting on top of the roll bar.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great pictures at the Pisgah Inn! Probably going to head straight from the dealer to the parkway when I go to pick mine up.
Let me know when you plan to do that. Blue Ridge is a great drive with the top down. Never gets old!
Yes it is. I’m a bit North of you in Blowing Rock but will be at Pisgah Inn with the family in a few weeks. Top down cruse the whole way😎. Planning to swing through your town and pick up a cooler full of trout at Sunburst.

Last edited:

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Looks much better (windows / back )
- Less air noise
-No bars in truck area (hated them)
-Back window opens completely (VERY EASY)

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-harder to bring back to middle position (Still, not a problem for me)
-Does not go all the way back (But blocks back window- Problem for me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:
- I love this top. The look and how sturdy feel is enough for me. No regrets!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

8F79656E-362F-440F-979E-11E49565CDF2.jpeg

D0367858-5A3F-4722-86E4-70ECD05415D4.jpeg

647FBF00-75CB-496A-A4A5-7E1D13D4DB40.jpeg

C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383.jpeg
If you’re looking to sell, I’ll buy your factory soft top. I originally ordered dual tops.

I would imagine all the necessary parts to convert would be available? Or did you have to reuse brackets to make the Bestop work?

I’m in Davie County.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pardon me for not reading all the way through the thread yet, but I’ll buy your factory soft top. I originally ordered dual tops.

I’m in Davie County.
Yes. Asking price $1,100 (which includes all hardware needed) plus shipping if not picking up. I live in Waynesville.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m going to Atlanta on Monday to see the Braves but will be coming home on Wednesday and could detour. Ny only concern would be whether the soft top could fit inside for the rest of my trip home.

Sponsored

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Less air noise

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:

8F79656E-362F-440F-979E-11E49565CDF2.jpeg

D0367858-5A3F-4722-86E4-70ECD05415D4.jpeg

647FBF00-75CB-496A-A4A5-7E1D13D4DB40.jpeg

C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383.jpeg
Have had my Bestop Twill for 6 months. I do totally agree with everyone on I love the looks of the Military Fastback style. But quality wise afraid I disagree I feel the frame is significantly more flimsy than the OEM I'm 6'4 and you can not fold this top back solo without having to tuck each side and pull the fabric back. Back in January when I 1st had the dealership install the top all my pictures and e-mail and phone requests to figure out why it was sagging in the middle resulted in Bestop saying it needs to be trained to accordion. Trained?? Really? Again love the looks but just like in the bottom picture here I can see the top sagging in the middle and hated that. Guessing that's what your talking about blocking the rear window. Look on Youtube for TFL they had 1 installed on their 1'st Edition and it's the only video you will fine that shows actually how to Pull and tuck the top so it looks decent. I have to say I have heard great things about Bestop but also know when you look at their video's they cut and edit big time so you don't see how difficult this top can be. We had 2 Badlands both softtops and taking out the wavy windows which do suck. quality is totally better on ease of operation and frame. Hopefully this will help to I think it's at about the 9:30 min mark

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review Top4

Last edited:

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the look, but it looks like it sags some and can get in the way of the rear passengers? Is it a problem in your opinion?

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review E29A8A45-66F0-46E1-9268-BF8620439389

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is the Bestop Trektop in "safari" mode with the windows removed. It’s actually my favorite way to use it during sunny days.
Right. I’d just like a top in that form factor without all the framework + sides + windows. Again, a simple rain fly for questionable-weather days.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pros:
- Less air noise

Cons:

Overall:

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review E29A8A45-66F0-46E1-9268-BF8620439389

I put one on my 2022 Badlands. I love the fact that it is quieter than the factory top and looks way better.

20220612_194509.jpg

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the look, but it looks like it sags some and can get in the way of the rear passengers? Is it a problem in your opinion?

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 20220612_194509
You can take the sagging out by pulling the fabric to the rear. You just have to do both sides and def. will be harder if you don't have running boards to stand on. Look up TFL on youtube they replaced their Hardtop with the Trektop and they actually show how to crease and slide it back. Kind of a pain but does look better
Sponsored