Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wonder if this has anything to do with anything?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...mbly-plant-manager-erik-williams/10067519002/

Michigan Assembly Plant manager who oversees Bronco, Ranger no longer with Ford

Michigan Assembly Plant manager Erik Williams, who has overseen the production of the bestselling Ford Bronco and Ford Ranger mid-size pickup truck, left that role Thursday, the Free Press has learned.

Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to discuss why Williams left.

“We do not comment on individual personnel matters. However, we can confirm he is no longer with the company," Deep told the Free Press on Friday. Ford also hasn’t yet named a replacement for Williams, who has been employed by Ford since 2004.
Bring Back the Potato Camera and the Stig!!!!!!
Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After watching Ford for the last 2 years, I don’t blame him.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they laid the Explorer thing on Joe Hinrichs which caused his unfortunate exit. Was so hoping he would've gotten the top positing at some point.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hopefully this improves quality control.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It could be any number of reasons why he's now gone. It could be all of those reasons combined. So many variables.

Good luck to him, and good luck to the Ford Bronco production and planning shitshow.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Always on a Friday.:unsure:

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the timing comes on the heels of a plant shutdown, which presumably was supposed to free up resources for clearing dirt mountain. If he had anything to do with the dirt mountain debacle and/or dirt mountain hasn’t cleared per the expectations this may have contributed to the ouster, whether he’s scapegoat or not. Just my SWAG (sophisticated wild assed guess)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem isn't at MAP, it's over off of M39 and Michigan Ave.
Hau Thai-Tang and Frederiek Toney to Retire; Dave Bozeman (Amazon) Joins Ford
  • Hau Thai-Tang, chief industrial platform officer, retiring Oct. 1
  • Frederiek Toney, vice president, global Ford Customer Service Division, retiring Dec. 1
  • Dave Bozeman joining Sept. 1 to lead global FCSD and Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue, following senior transportation, logistics, engineering roles at Amazon, Caterpillar, Harley-Davidson
Excerpt:

In a related announcement, Ford said that Dave Bozeman will start with the company Sept. 1 as vice president of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue. He was elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.

As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.

Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.

“We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”

Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.

“I felt a sense of mission and a commitment to positive change from everyone I met at Ford,” said Bozeman. “I’m a builder and love to innovate, and the opportunity to be part of transforming this great company and improving people’s lives resonated with me as an exciting exclamation point for my career.”

Bozeman, a Chicago native, earned a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Mechanical Design from Bradley University in Peoria, Ill., and a master’s degree in Engineering Management from the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220714005834/en/Ford’s-Thai-Tang-and-Toney-to-Retire-After-Stellar-Careers-Dave-Bozeman-Joins-Ford-to-Lead-FCSD-Enthusiast-Vehicles

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does everyone assume the worst? There’s a good possibility that he accepted another outside employment position at a pay grade he could not refuse….. An unexpected departure and hence no replacement is in the mill.

OK, I’ve got the fire proof suit on….Go ahead…..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was really hoping it was Mike Levine
As far as I can tell, he's on twitter all day long liking political posts and taking a vacation, off-roading with the latest vehicle from FoMoCo YOU can't buy.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why does everyone assume the worst? There’s a good possibility that he accepted another outside employment position at a pay grade he could not refuse….. An unexpected departure and hence no replacement is in the mill.

OK, I’ve got the fire proof suit on….Go ahead…..
No chance in hell. Flat fired.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EDIT ADDED: My post was to have compassion for the former employe. Losing a job no matter is tough and WHO knows what people are dealing with. My post also was intended for us to be encouraged. Please do not lump me in with those who want to pick on people. Original post below.

Sorry for Mr. Williams.

Time to roll out bay bay.

Let’s Go!
Lee Iacocca, after being the man behind the Mustang and '59 for $59, the modern captive auto finance was fired from Ford for no reason but then saved ChryCo from oblivion even though it is now part of Stellantis.

However Iacocca and Lutz never screwed up production to get themselves pink slipped.

And truthfully look around, do you see even half the first year Mustang production yet from MAP for Broncos? 121,000 in short year 64 and over 500,000 m.y.65

If 6g Bronco production for its cycle ever hits a half million I will be surprised and impressed at the whip-cracking butt-kicking the new head of production is able to squeeze out of the supply chain and white collars (Certainly all the union employees making up to 6 figures are working their tails off with not even a smoke break)

2021 Broncos built just over 43,000 a drop on the bucket, supposedly around 15k per month of 22's but it is also a short year not having started until mid December when model year turnover usually happens when school starts

Meanwhile Jeep sells a 7 year average of over 200k units annually with similar monthly production

Where are all the Broncos? By my count, 6 months at 15k plus 2021 there ought to be 130,000 of us out here or there

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford needed a scape goat for the Bronco issues. Looks like they found one.
If they work as they did in the old days, you are correct. He is probably the one. Years of planning, some with poor design, can't get the parts the plant needs. Oh well, I wish him the best. Maybe he will write a book and make millions. :0)
Sponsored

Last edited: