The IFS vs SFA Thread

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At this point it's still pretty hard to decipher what Ford thinks the Bronco is 'about'. What we have heard repeatedly though is that Ford has tried to replicate the aesthetic qualities of the EB from pretty much every person who has seen it.

The auditory and physical rumble of a V8 is a significant component of that Bronco aesthetic for a lot of people, just as it is for the Mustang.
Hey, whatever it is, it's "not wimpy". That's all you need to know for now.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly my point. You would be happy with anything Ford put a Bronco badge on, you’ll keep it stock so you can say it performs as good as any stock competitor, and push every button and trail mode you can so it drive the trails for you.
That is not a vehicle for the enthusiast.
I hope they bring the Everest over as is for you, you can even get a diesel.
Alright bud. If this isn’t the vehicle “for the enthusiast” then what the hell are you doing here? Sorry I’m an enthusiast that also keeps my expectations realistic and I’m going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. The rumors are that it’s got a good powertrain, manual transmission, retro look, big tires, and removable top. That’s all I need personally and as long as they don’t mess it up somehow I’m buying it.

At this point it's still pretty hard to decipher what Ford thinks the Bronco is 'about'. What we have heard repeatedly though is that Ford has tried to replicate the aesthetic qualities of the EB from pretty much every person who has seen it.

The auditory and physical rumble of a V8 is a significant component of that Bronco aesthetic for a lot of people, just as it is for the Mustang.
And I get that, as Doug Demuro said in the video about the Mach E we are in a Brave New World. The V8 is dying and as much as I’d love to see a dying breath of it from the Bronco it just isn’t really that important. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again; if the lack of V8 in a MID SIZE VEHICLE is really going to cause you to not buy the Bronco you truly never planned on purchasing it in the first place.

All y’all need to learn how to set your expectations. Set them modestly and hopefully ford blows us away. Much better way to go through life vs being disappointed and bitter about fucking everything.

Last edited:

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright bud. If this isn’t the vehicle “for the enthusiast” then what the hell are you doing here? Sorry I’m an enthusiast that also keeps my expectations realistic and I’m going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. The rumors are that it’s got a good powertrain, manual transmission, retro look, big tires, and removable top. That’s all I need personally and as long as they don’t mess it up somehow I’m buying it.

And I get that, as Doug Demuro said in the video about the Mach E we are in a Brave New World. The V8 is dying and as much as I’d love to see a dying breath of it from the Bronco it just isn’t really that important. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again; if the lack of V8 in a MID SIZE VEHICLE is really going to cause you to not buy the Bronco you truly never planned on purchasing it in the first place.
Correction
The vehicle YOU desire is “not the vehicle for enthusiasts”
Fact: Ford has been making your dream vehicle (minus removable top) for many years in other markets. It has all the capability and creature comforts of a 4Runner or GrandCherokee which offer more capability than what the large percentage of them are used for.

Ford has teased us with a Bronco since 2004 and I am very much in the market to purchase one. However, i have 0 intentions of buying a 4Runner and I think it’s bullshit that all this hype for over 15 years is for ford to give us an updated and retro styled Everest and for people like you to defend it.

I want more room than a JL, aftermarket support like the Wrangler, and strong resale value of the Wrangler. If it has a V8 option on the raptor/top spec trim I am 80%, if it also has a SFA or allows me to run 35/37’s with minimal mods I’m 100% in.

Until Ford tells me that’s not happening, I’m going to be here downloading all the intel I can for a vehicle I am excited about and plan to purchase.

The Everest is not my Bronco.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correction
The vehicle YOU desire is “not the vehicle for enthusiasts”
Fact: Ford has been making your dream vehicle (minus removable top) for many years in other markets. It has all the capability and creature comforts of a 4Runner or GrandCherokee which offer more capability than what the large percentage of them are used for.

Ford has teased us with a Bronco since 2004 and I am very much in the market to purchase one. However, i have 0 intentions of buying a 4Runner and I think it’s bullshit that all this hype for over 15 years is for ford to give us an updated and retro styled Everest and for people like you to defend it.

I want more room than a JL, aftermarket support like the Wrangler, and strong resale value of the Wrangler. If it has a V8 option on the raptor/top spec trim I am 80%, if it also has a SFA or allows me to run 35/37’s with minimal mods I’m 100% in.

Until Ford tells me that’s not happening, I’m going to be here downloading all the intel I can for a vehicle I am excited about and plan to purchase.

The Everest is not my Bronco.
See and here’s the problem. You’ve already set your expectations too high. We pretty much know based on Teocali’s comment it will not be SFA. We know from common sense and from Carmaker1 that the powertrain will be I4 and V6 options.

And guess what, maybe I’m bad at reading between the lines with everything I’ve read and it will come with a V8 and SFA options. Even then just that fact that those things will be an option that costs money, or a limited run is going to cause all y’all to bitch because the vehicle you want is a fucking pie in the sky. We know it’s not going to be a 4Runner just based on the stock tire option of a 33 alone, so don’t expect the Ford 4Runner. My buddy at ford, as well as teocali have said as such that they are targeting the wrangler and I expect that fully. Is it going to be as insane at rock crawling? No probably not. But it’s still going to be an extremely capable vehicle.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
BDEC3535-3572-455F-86A2-855D6C3DF692.png

Pic related it’s what some of y’all want the Bronco to be.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See and here’s the problem. You’ve already set your expectations too high. We pretty much know based on Teocali’s comment it will not be SFA. We know from common sense and from Carmaker1 that the powertrain will be I4 and V6 options.

And guess what, maybe I’m bad at reading between the lines with everything I’ve read and it will come with a V8 and SFA options. Even then just that fact that those things will be an option that costs money, or a limited run is going to cause all y’all to bitch because the vehicle you want is a fucking pie in the sky. We know it’s not going to be a 4Runner just based on the stock tire option of a 33 alone, so don’t expect the Ford 4Runner. My buddy at ford, as well as teocali have said as such that they are targeting the wrangler and I expect that fully. Is it going to be as insane at rock crawling? No probably not. But it’s still going to be an extremely capable vehicle.
upload_2019-11-26_12-39-0.jpeg
There’s your dream

Ford 4Runner on 33’s

1E5128C8-EB65-4FB7-BE3D-F3FDCFDD1BF3.jpeg

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Everest has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Ford specifically said that the Bronco will be completely unique to the Everest.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Everest is exactly what I'm hoping for the new Bronco except with a removable roof, removable doors, more ground clearance, retro styling, a conventional tailgate...it's starting to sound too much like a different vehicle now.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. Just because it shared a platform doesn’t mean anything. The Troller, ranger, and Everest all share the same frame and they are all extremely different vehicles. The expedition and F-150 are on the same frame and extremely different as well.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats you’re reiterating my point.
You are more than happy with an Everest that is cosmetically different. Foundational and functionally the same as one equipped with an off-road package.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Everest has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Ford specifically said that the Bronco will be completely unique to the Everest.
It has a lot to do with this conversation because of the people that have weighed in on their preference for something like a 4Runner and the non long travel pro IFS crowd. Your vehicle has existed, it’s not new and exciting.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has a lot to do with this conversation because of the people that have weighed in on their preference for something like a 4Runner and the non long travel pro IFS crowd. Your vehicle has existed, it’s not new and exciting.
guess what your vehicle exists too. It’s called a Jeep Wrangler with an engine swap you can pick one up right now if you want to.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

guess what your vehicle exists too. It’s called a Jeep Wrangler with an engine swap you can pick one up right now if you want to.
It’s not a Ford, it’s not new it’s not what I described several posts ago.
But thanks again for reiterating my other point being that the market is owned by the Wrangler. There is not another option, just like a convertible 4Runner is not a competitive option.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It doesn't though...

Don't get me wrong I would prefer SFA and a V8 but realistically it's not likely. I'm looking for a REMOVABLE TOP capable SUV/truck and will be among the 99% that aren't going to take a brand new 40-50k vehicle rock crawling but it will see fire roads, snow and sand.

The closest thing for me is a Wrangler but I bleed blue and I'm not a fan of the 3.6 or 3.8. If they had stuck with the 4.0 or offered the 2.0 turbo or diesel with a manual I would be a buyer.
Sponsored