First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not a Ford, it’s not new it’s not what I described several posts ago.
But thanks again for reiterating my other point being that the market is owned by the Wrangler. There is not another option, just like a convertible 4Runner is not a competitive option.
And like I stated before, just because the Bronco will have an IFS doesn’t mean it won’t be competitive against the Wrangler. We can debate all day long about ifs vs SFA but at the end of this we have no idea how advanced the Bronco’s suspension is going to be. With such a specialized vehicle there’s no need for Ford to just “here lemme copy your homework” for the wrangler. They can take a different track and still be competitive.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp, there goes my hope for a factory dually Bronco.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the sarcasm but Everyone is regurgitating an Everest, with a Bronco body and raptor Ranger front suspension and shocks. That is what y’all are excited about?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds hopeful here. The defeatist attitude on this site, and others, is that it has been so long without any real useful information as far as performance. It is understandable, from a business standpoint, but frustrating from an enthusiast or customer standpoint. I'm not even in the market to get one right away, I don't plan to replace the 4runner for 3 years. And with a rumor of the Bullit being replaced with a Mach 1 for 2021, the next new vehicle I by may well be a mustang instead of a 2dr Bronco. But it is still frustrating to not know what we are getting. I hope what you are saying is dead on correct though. Hell, we don't even know that it is a SLA IFS, maybe Ford came up with something completely different and better than SFA and IFS (I know a few of you know...)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...the 99% that aren't going to take a brand new 40-50k vehicle rock crawling ...
This ridiculous strawman argument needs to die. They don't stay new forever. If it sucks new it's going to suck when it's old and used too.

Part of the reason the resale value on a Wrangler is so good are the people buying the old ones to use for fun after some sucker has eaten the "drove it off the lot new" premium price adjustment.

If no one wants to use the Bronco for a trail toy when you're done with it that premium you're paying is going to be huge and the resale will suck. Unless you plan on being a 'forever' owner, it's in your best interest to want that secondary market demand.

While I might personally benefit from a soft-roader in the short term, I intend to be a forever owner and turn my next vehicle into a trail rig over the long term. If it becomes unsuitable for daily use, I'll just buy another one. I'd like to see Bronco compete for those purchases, but Ford is awfully stingy with details ...

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love the sarcasm but Everyone is regurgitating an Everest, with a Bronco body and raptor Ranger front suspension and shocks. That is what y’all are excited about?
Honestly? Yes. Except you missed the part where it needs to come in 2 door form.

2 door, swb, good styling, ranger raptor suspension, 2.7. That'd do it for me. Nobody makes such a thing.

If they can also make a version with some sort of crazy rock crawling ability to kick the aftermarket into gear and make the fans of driving over boulders slowly happy, all the better. That just isn't a vehicle I'm personally interested in, otherwise I'd have bought a wrangler. I have zero Ford brand loyalty.

Chrispy's responses have me slightly concerned to be honest. If Ford too closely models the Bronco on the Wrangler it'll go into the same category of vehicles I respect but don't want to own. On the other hand the Bronco R gave me a lot of hope that they'll take a slightly different tack to the wrangler but still make a proper off road machine to get the image that appeals to the masses. I really don't know at this point

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly? Yes. Except you missed the part where it needs to come in 2 door form.

2 door, swb, good styling, ranger raptor suspension, 2.7. That'd do it for me. Nobody makes such a thing.

If they can also make a version with some sort of crazy rock crawling ability to kick the aftermarket into gear and make the fans of driving over boulders slowly happy, all the better. That just isn't a vehicle I'm personally interested in, otherwise I'd have bought a wrangler. I have zero Ford brand loyalty.

Chrispy's responses have me slightly concerned to be honest. If Ford too closely models the Bronco on the Wrangler it'll go into the same category of vehicles I respect but don't want to own. On the other hand the Bronco R gave me a lot of hope that they'll take a slightly different tack to the wrangler but still make a proper off road machine to get the image that appeals to the masses. I really don't know at this point
Hey, if they go with my idea of selling a2 doors with SFA and 4 doors with IFS, you buy the 2dr, I'll get the 4dr, and we'll do an axle swap! We can meet somewhere in the middle, like Cripsy's dealership.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, if they go with my idea of selling a2 doors with SFA and 4 doors with IFS, you buy the 2dr, I'll get the 4dr, and we'll do an axle swap! We can meet somewhere in the middle, like Cripsy's dealership.
Deal. That's a long drive from Canada but I love a good road trip. :D

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Maybe if you’d stop calling SFA proponents “crazy extreme rock crawlers” who want to drive over “boulders”, maybe we’d quit referring to you IFS guys as mall crawling posers.

Most of my off road use will be hunting on rutted out forest service roads with mud and snow and the occasional Moab trip on easier stuff like Hells Revenge. For me, it’s not that IFS can’t handle that stuff short term, it’s that no OEM currently builds IFS components to the same standard of durability and reliability that SFA stuff is built to.
Sponsored