Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this means is since they are not finished scheduling Oct. is that they don't want to put the changes out there until everyone that can be scheduled is schedule; and they're behind in scheduling out Oct. I want to see Oct. scheduled out sooner, but being the end of the year with what parts are/will be available and needing to make sure they can build once VIN is issued, I understand the delay. Don't like it, but have to understand or go mad.

Their motivation for delaying the releasing of the info may be because they don't want us to see price increases until as many as possible are scheduled to limit blow back from the info they are going to release. I don't know and could only speculate.

But this is a self imposed deadline that they chose not to make and should have considered that this was going to happen from last year's change over; but they were trying to appear to be more on top of things and probably moved dates a certain amount of time and didn't consider a possible delay in scheduling out Oct. so, they blew the deadline... Again.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All this means is since they are not finished scheduling Oct. is that they don't want to put the changes out there until everyone that can be scheduled is schedule; and they're behind in scheduling out Oct. I want to see Oct. scheduled out sooner, but being the end of the year with what parts are/will be available and needing to make sure they can build once VIN is issued, I understand the delay. Don't like it, but have to understand or go mad.

Their motivation for delaying the releasing of the info may be because they don't want us to see price increases until as many as possible are scheduled to limit blow back from the info they are going to release. I don't know and could only speculate.

But this is a self imposed deadline that they chose not to make and should have considered that this was going to happen from last year's change over; but they were trying to appear to be more on top of things and probably moved dates a certain amount of time and didn't consider a possible delay in scheduling out Oct. so, they blew the deadline... Again.
I agree, I think they are trying to get as many completed as possible this year, which was the goal of the March cutoff. The unforgivable issue is they allowed walk ins to jump the line prior to that, that never should have happened, part availability and quality issues (tops) are a understandable and frustrating, but forgivable in my opinion.

My order is with a small dealer, I stopped in a few weeks ago, they have 35 reservations left, 5 of which have converted to a order, the other 30 are just reservations. They are receiving on average 5 a month and have received 20 more than they were told to expect this year, so for the 5 that have converted to a order, there is hope. I am indifferent if we push to MY23, actually it would be my preference as I didn't want to purchase before early next year anyways. I just don't want to suck up any price increases because of another MY transition.

Completely understand the frustration and really think Ford screwed this one up by delaying decisive action last year when they knew they had a problem.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering:
- Ford is in the process of transforming, which includes laying off rockstars on the ICE side of the house (read as laying off the more expensive experienced people)
- Their track record for the last two years has been August, no September, well October

This is no surprise.
Eliminating 8,000 job but probably not laying off 8,000 at once. Yes, there will be job cuts down the line, but it is far cheaper to eliminate the job after normal openings occur due to retirement and normal annual attrition. A company Ford's size with their share of aging employees ready to retire could lose half of the number of positions to normal attrition and retirement over a couple of years and buy a few more out early and save a boat load of unemployment benefits and layoff costs.

Others will seek opportunity elsewhere in the company knowing their side is losing jobs while the new E-side of the company will need someone in a similar role.

The announcement was for stock purposes doesn't mean it happens over night, if the plan is spread out over 3 or 4 years, it saves them gobs of money in layoff costs and allows jobs to slow down over time instead of stressing the remaining employees and shocking the system all at once.

But mostly it saves a lot of money to let people retire or through normal attrition leave and/or move to different position in company and then eliminate the position compared to layoffs.

Since it was announce as a plan to grow/move jobs to the EV side and shrink the ICE side, it should happen over some time, not necessarily over night.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

" current reservation holders can convert to an order on 9/28 "

I have a Badlands reservation from April 2021 converted to a '22 order last October. Does anyone know if the above means I can convert (upgrade) my existing reservation to a Raptor on that date? If not, what are the "rules" around such a conversion/upgrade?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eliminating 8,000 job but probably not laying off 8,000 at once. Yes, there will be job cuts down the line, but it is far cheaper to eliminate the job after normal openings occur due to retirement and normal annual attrition. A company Ford's size with their share of aging employees ready to retire could lose half of the number of positions to normal attrition and retirement over a couple of years and buy a few more out early and save a boat load of unemployment benefits and layoff costs.

Others will seek opportunity elsewhere in the company knowing their side is losing jobs while the new E-side of the company will need someone in a similar role.

The announcement was for stock purposes doesn't mean it happens over night, if the plan is spread out over 3 or 4 years, it saves them gobs of money in layoff costs and allows jobs to slow down over time instead of stressing the remaining employees and shocking the system all at once.

But mostly it saves a lot of money to let people retire or through normal attrition leave and/or move to different position in company and then eliminate the position compared to layoffs.

Since it was announce as a plan to grow/move jobs to the EV side and shrink the ICE side, it should happen over some time, not necessarily over night.
I work for a large US blue blood corporation. I know how transforming from legacy business to new business works in the mind of legacy business bean counters. They starve spending and headcount in legacy business for stock buy backs and to half-assedly fund the investment in new business. Moving from Ford Blue to Ford e in the process is hard too, because anyone from legacy has old and outdated thinking (unless they are young). I feel sorry for anyone on the Ford Blue side of the business over the next few years.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I work for a large US blue blood corporation. I know how transforming from legacy business to new business works in the mind of legacy business bean counters. They starve spending and headcount in legacy business for stock buy backs and to half-assedly fund the investment in new business. Moving from Ford Blue to Ford e in the process is hard too, because anyone from legacy has old and outdated thinking (unless they are young). I feel sorry for anyone on the Ford Blue side of the business over the next few years.
That will be a small number, retirement and attrition will be the larger number. But a small number of like jobs i.e. accounting and data jobs can be a lateral transition. Young talent in marketing or design can move too. But my post really was about the fact that in a company Ford's size, normal attrition including retirement is a lot of job openings each year and over time a lot of positions can be eliminated without layoffs costs, which is a lot of money over thousands of jobs. And it doesn't have to happen over night if it's a multi-year plan.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for giving a scope of the bigger picture, this is what Ford needed to do. Missing a deadline never bothers me, I miss plenty, but not communicating it or giving any feedback to your customers that are waiting is pisspoor and is indicative of how corporate Ford truly is.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That gives me absolutely no hope lol, that’s just more of the same 💩 Ford’s been doing to us for 2 years. You’re getting a Bronco, a rare unicorn 2DR, with a June 2021 order, not reservation. Meanwhile, Granger has 800 orders and is allocated zero Broncos since July. There’s a good chance every single person there reserved in 2020 and ordered before you. It’s just the same dealer allocation bullshit since 2021 and you haven’t been able to move your order forever or place a new order since March.

But congrats on your Bronco, good choice on the 2 door.
You should be pissed at Granger for that, not Ford.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah ford changed the game specifically to screw granger over. Granger is one of the few decent dealerships left actually.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should be pissed that Ford said this?

Ford Bronco New 2023MY Bronco dates: Order Guide 9/19, Order Bank (Conversion) 9/28, Last Day to Convert Order 11/21 CC59410E-5174-4456-B2BD-C00EEAAD6122

Told everyone to get, “agreed upon prices in writing.” Had to change their policy on moving reservations not once, but twice because dealers refused to honor MSRP or told customers, “we don’t know.” Changed their policy after reservations opened to this.

Ford Bronco New 2023MY Bronco dates: Order Guide 9/19, Order Bank (Conversion) 9/28, Last Day to Convert Order 11/21 7F329557-7BEC-40FC-94E6-9F8C5AB968B1

Which has done nothing but drive up ADM at dealers getting stock Broncos they shouldn’t have. Retail Broncos they’ve either flat out stole from customers or charged so much over MSRP people just walked away. Driven up the resale price for scalpers to order low end, soft top 4 doors at dealers with, “allocation.” Allowed tens of thousands of people to skip the line who shouldn’t have. Driven reservation holders to make multiple orders across the nation in hopes that one might be built. Lots of them getting builds they’re driving around hoping Ford builds the one they really want someday.

But I’m supposed to blame Granger because they gave me an agreed upon price in 2020?

Yeah, okay.

Last edited:

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
According to a phone call I just had with the "Bronco Support Team" everyone that hasn't received a VIN by this past tuesday (8/30) has been pushed to a 23MY. An email is supposed to be forthcoming on 9/7.
Sponsored