John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check, check, check and check. No wonder I've been waiting so long.
My OBX has the same restricted items. I'm not will to compromise, so I'll wait.
Sponsored

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok Guys ,

I just used the Ford Chat app, and told them I didn't get "the Letter" but I do have a DORA -- could they help me find out whats going on... Their answer was "thank you. Your vehicle is currently in order processing meaning that we have received your order, and it will begin production in the next available production week. I do not have an ETA or timeline regarding the next available production week. " Any Ideas what this means ? getting scheduled this year or re-ordering for next ?? What the heck, clear as the mud on my unbuilt Bronco. Also they told me no VIN assigned yet.

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok Guys ,

I just used the Ford Chat app, and told them I didn't get "the Letter" but I do have a DORA -- could they help me find out whats going on... Their answer was "thank you. Your vehicle is currently in order processing meaning that we have received your order, and it will begin production in the next available production week. I do not have an ETA or timeline regarding the next available production week. " Any Ideas what this means ? getting scheduled this year or re-ordering for next ?? What the heck, clear as the mud on my unbuilt Bronco. Also they told me no VIN assigned yet.
Well if the current info is accurate, this week is the last scheduling week for MY22. So if you don't get scheduled this week, then it's on to MY23, like the rest of us in the same boat.

As they say in the movie "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok Guys ,

No VIN means "next available production week" is no time soon.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check, check, check and check. No wonder I've been waiting so long.
Some parts are in shorter supply than others, but they are actively building every type of Bronco.

Main reason we are still waiting is allocation. If we walked into a dealership that's already worked through its entire backlog, we'd be scheduled in the next batch. That's hard top, 2.7L, 2 door, HOSS, tow package, safari bar, lux, whatever. Of course, you can't place new orders right now, and if you could, there would be ADM up the wazoo, but you get my point.

Meanwhile you can be sitting in line at Granger with the cheapest soft top base and only have an outside chance of even getting a MY23, because Ford has chosen a formula that screws them.

I think those of us in between, the higher trim folks still waiting at MSRP dealers since 2020, will be the big winners of the first few months of MY23 scheduling. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Guys ,

It means:
ny-293.gif

Bronco21Maybe

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 202X Bronco, if it's ever built
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No VIN means "next available production week" is no time soon.
Right. 2023 here a lot of us come, having no clue when or where a Bronco might automagically appear in our stockings.

Meanwhile, I have an F-150 with 150,000 miles that is falling the hell apart. Oil leak, transmission shudder, fourth broken windshield, back sliding windshield track literally just came unglued, honking CV joints, a leaking moon roof, a moon roof shade that won't close, the right side of the truck air conditioning blows 69 degree air even in the winter because it's broken. The interior smells like wet towels every time it rains even though it's been into the dealer three times for the leak and still leaks, and I'm out of warranty, so last time they "fixed it" it cost me $800. I have mold growing under the floor mat that the dealer refused to clean, because the moon roof leak ran down the driver side pillar and leaked out of the oh-sht handle attachment and dripped/ran all over the dashboard and floorboard. After the first fix, the driver side didn't leak, but the passenger side did. Now both are leaking.

So, people will have to forgive me if I cling to this reservation and sell the Bronco for $30k over MSRP they day it's delivered to screw the dealer that's screwed me. It's what Ford has allowed its dealers do to their customers, which is frankly abysmal.

Last edited:

austinco

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lux, 2.7l engine, 4door hard top, modular front bumper, and tow package were all on the list, last time I talked to ford (my build had literally every one of those things)
Yea the only option I think I will keep is the 2.7L option, as with the rest, removing the hard top for now, will do my own wheels instead of the SasQ pkg, and the High pkg is good enough for me especially if it means I can get my order done sooner. Potentially looking at a BL instead of the OB.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea the only option I think I will keep is the 2.7L option, as with the rest, removing the hard top for now, will do my own wheels instead of the SasQ pkg, and the High pkg is good enough for me especially if it means I can get my order done sooner. Potentially looking at a BL instead of the OB.
If you're going to self-squatch and keep the OBX then make sure to get the optional rear locker. That'll kick you from 3.73 to 4.27 gear ratio. Auto BL is 4.46 so even better, but nothing like the difference in the OBX.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received this email from my dealer.

We received some more info today on Bronco orders. Sounds like the date got moved back a little bit, the order guide should be available on 9/19 and current reservation holders can convert to an order on 9/28. All reservation holders must convert to an order by 11/21/22.

Just wanted to give you an update.
So....we can place an order on the 19th if we haven't been able to do so yet?

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some parts are in shorter supply than others, but they are actively building every type of Bronco.

Main reason we are still waiting is allocation. If we walked into a dealership that's already worked through its entire backlog, we'd be scheduled in the next batch. That's hard top, 2.7L, 2 door, HOSS, tow package, safari bar, lux, whatever. Of course, you can't place new orders right now, and if you could, there would be ADM up the wazoo, but you get my point.

Meanwhile you can be sitting in line at Granger with the cheapest soft top base and only have an outside chance of even getting a MY23, because Ford has chosen a formula that screws them.

I think those of us in between, the higher trim folks still waiting at MSRP dealers since 2020, will be the big winners of the first few months of MY23 scheduling. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
I like your optimism but I don’t share it. Granger needs 50 a month to fill half their orders that are left, next year.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like your optimism but I don’t share it. Granger needs 50 a month to fill half their orders that are left, next year. Their first month is 14, yay.
That's why my optimism is limited to "MSRP dealers". I think Granger, Chapman, Stephens and any other dealer that attracted an abnormal number of orders are still screwed. Although hopefully less than in MY22, if Ford even wants to make a dent in the backlog.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why my optimism is limited to "MSRP dealers". I think Granger, Chapman, Stephens and any other dealer that attracted an abnormal number of orders are still screwed. Although hopefully less than in MY22, if Ford even wants to make a dent in the backlog.
Gotcha, I took “MSRP dealers” as the Grangers of the world.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So....we can place an order on the 19th if we haven't been able to do so yet?
No, the 19th is when the order guides will be made available to dealers (and subsequently leaked here). On the 29th those with outstanding MY22 orders and reservations that were 99'd can begin ordering a MY23.

Those that do not have an existing reservation or order will have to wait until sometime in late Q4 before they will be able to place an order. Note, I am sure some dealerships will take "pre-orders" from some but they won't be able to be placed.

Also, since this is Ford, all dates are subject to change and probably will.
Sponsored