First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 202X Bronco, if it's ever built
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats not secret news, it’s in the Bronco FAQs. It’s how price protection works.

Ford's FAQ section says:

"What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?

If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021."
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/Bronco price protection/#2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021

I placed my order August 2021, so according to this - at the Ford website's Bronco FAQs, I do NOT qualify for price protection. But the Ford rep said I did. Now, he could be wrong, their FAQ's could be outdated, who knows. Or, he could be meaning that I am protected from 22-23 price increases, but not the 21-22 price increases. I'm still a bit puzzled, since this will be the second order conversion I've gone through.

And it was news to me that Ford was reimbursing dealers for the difference. I'm a newbie here, and for the most part have just been waiting patiently and not obsessing over the date, so if you're referring to a FAQ here on this site, I most assuredly missed it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford's FAQ section says:

"What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?

If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021."
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/Bronco price protection/#2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021

I placed my order August 2021, so according to this - at the Ford website's Bronco FAQs, I do NOT qualify for price protection. But the Ford rep said I did. Now, he could be wrong, their FAQ's could be outdated, who knows. Or, he could be meaning that I am protected from 22-23 price increases, but not the 21-22 price increases. I'm still a bit puzzled, since this will be the second order conversion I've gone through.

And it was news to me that Ford was reimbursing dealers for the difference. I'm a newbie here, and for the most part have just been waiting patiently and not obsessing over the date, so if you're referring to a FAQ here on this site, I most assuredly missed it.
You do not quality for the Bronco price protection program. However you like qualify for Ford's standard retail price protection. It's a different program.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/

Bronco21Maybe

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You do not quality for the Bronco price protection program. However you like qualify for Ford's standard retail price protection. It's a different program.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/

Thanks for the link! I'm not terribly worried about a $500-$1,250 increase, but that link was helpful.

It will be interesting to see if I get price protection or the "retail price protection" for the 22-23 conversion.

Either is probably better than going to a dealer and trying to haggle when he has a Bronco $30,000 over the MSRP on my order - for the same exact Bronco, down to the color.

Melissa948

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just received this email from my dealer.

We received some more info today on Bronco orders. Sounds like the date got moved back a little bit, the order guide should be available on 9/19 and current reservation holders can convert to an order on 9/28. All reservation holders must convert to an order by 11/21/22.

Just wanted to give you an update.
When do they start production on 2023?

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's FAQ section says:

Im pretty sure you only qualify for retail price protection but I could be wrong. I wouldn’t trust anything that rep said to you though, ask your dealer. The price protection is a refund back to your dealer for them giving you the discount.

Bronco21Maybe

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im pretty sure you only qualify for retail price protection but I could be wrong. I wouldn’t trust anything that rep said to you though, ask your dealer. The price protection is a refund back to your dealer for them giving you the discount.
Unfortunately, I don't trust either one. But yeah, I got two different answers from Ford reps by calling the same number in a span of 20 minutes. So, this being the first time today that I've called Ford, and getting two different answers on a very simple question took my trust in Ford from a 3/10 to a 0/10.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately, I don't trust either one. But yeah, I got two different answers from Ford reps by calling the same number in a span of 20 minutes. So, this being the first time today that I've called Ford, and getting two different answers on a very simple question took my trust in Ford from a 3/10 to a 0/10.
I always tell people the call center employees are just people hired reading the same info you get off the website.

austinco

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Poor wording - the package that has the larger screen size - I can't remember what that's called.
The "High Package" and "Lux Package" have the 12-inch screen. Those packages are only available on the "Outer Banks" and up. I really wish that you could get the larger screen on any model though or at least on a big bend and up.

Sponsored

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not expecting the end of my already 2 year wait to end in 2023. I know lots are in the same boat as me... And this isn't a unique situation... But its very frustrating to be a reasonably early reserver and because of apparently the configuration... It's just a totally totally unknown as to when it might be scheduled. Could be between now and eoy (super unlikely) could be 2023 could be 2024

All the while, people that came in with no reservations could order a lower trim with a soft top and 2.3 and get it already. (I'm happy for you in that scenario, I just with I had my order)

Topher

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 door Outer Banks, Cactus Grey, MIC, LUX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not expecting the end of my already 2 year wait to end in 2023. I know lots are in the same boat as me... And this isn't a unique situation... But its very frustrating to be a reasonably early reserver and because of apparently the configuration... It's just a totally totally unknown as to when it might be scheduled. Could be between now and eoy (super unlikely) could be 2023 could be 2024

All the while, people that came in with no reservations could order a lower trim with a soft top and 2.3 and get it already. (I'm happy for you in that scenario, I just with I had my order)
Amen brotha, I'm in the same boat. It would be nice if we knew exactly what was holding up our orders so we could make add/delete changes to get them built.

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lux, 2.7l engine, 4door hard top, modular front bumper, and tow package were all on the list, last time I talked to ford (my build had literally every one of those things)

Topher

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lux, 2.7l engine, 4door hard top, modular front bumper, and tow package were all on the list, last time I talked to ford (my build had literally every one of those things)
Check, check, check and check. No wonder I've been waiting so long.

Topher

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check, check, check and check. No wonder I've been waiting so long.
Although I'm not happy about waiting a while longer what gets me is that they will not offer cyber orange next year which I really want.
Sponsored