First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered in January ‘22 without a reservation. I made a change in February prior to the March 7th cutoff to make changes.

Aren’t I still protected?
I'll make it very simple, because even dealer's get confused.

The price you are supposed to pay is the price on your DORA from when you ordered in Jan, plus $100. Don't even look at the sticker price. The price is the DORA from when you ordered.

The $100 is because Ford increased the delivery fee, and that is not price protected. But, start with: this is the price I ordered at, and you might slip through the extra $100 as well.

Since you ordered a 4-door BD, the difference between the sticker and DORA should be $1350.

Edit to add: my dealership got really confused, and told me that there was no such thing as the $2000 retail price protection, and I was supposed to pay the price on the DORA, and I'm all "yeah, that's the price I want to pay you".

And this is a medium size dealership that normally sells 300 cars a month.
Sponsored

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll make it very simple, because even dealer's get confused.

The price you are supposed to pay is the price on your DORA from when you ordered in Jan, plus $100. Don't even look at the sticker price. The price is the DORA from when you ordered.

The $100 is because Ford increased the delivery fee, and that is not price protected. But, start with: this is the price I ordered at, and you might slip through the extra $100 as well.

Since you ordered a 4-door BD, the difference between the sticker and DORA should be $1350.

Edit to add: my dealership got really confused, and told me that there was no such thing as the $2000 retail price protection, and I was supposed to pay the price on the DORA, and I'm all "yeah, that's the price I want to pay you".

And this is a medium size dealership that normally sells 300 cars a month.
I’ll try to use that wording, but again, he’s just going to say I’m wrong and that “only applies to orders without changes after March 2021.”

It’s so frustrating, because we shouldn’t know more than them. Unfortunately, that’s what this has been this entire time. The consumer knowing more than the dealership. At the end of the day, my husband and I won’t walk away from this Bronco due to the $1,250 (the $100 increase in delivery isn’t an issue). It’s just disappointing, because we shouldn’t have to pay it. Period.

I’m going to continue to try and prove that I’m right (but if he doesn’t even acknowledge screenshots from the Ford website 🤷🏻‍♀️), but it’s a battle that can’t be won. The fact that they didn’t even honor the price on the DORA for my salesman shows just how the odds are definitely against me.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh great. I just spoke with my original salesman, and he didn’t even get price protection on his ordered Bronco at the same dealership. I guess I know where that leaves me.
The dealership will get that money regardless of whether they pass it on to the customer or not, unless they are honestly ignorant of that fact. I don't know if it is done automatically or if they have to manually apply for it, but it's definitely there for the taking in SmartVincent.

Good luck, and hopefully you can convince them. It sounds like you'll definitely have to earn that money! Lol!

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealership will get that money regardless of whether they pass it on to the customer or not, unless they are honestly ignorant of that fact. I don't know if it is done automatically or if they have to manually apply for it, but it's definitely there for the taking in SmartVincent.

Good luck, and hopefully you can convince them. It sounds like you'll definitely have to earn that money! Lol!
Thanks! And thank goodness! I knew I had taken a screenshot months ago, and I found it!! Sure, Ford doesn’t have it on their website now, but I have the date I took the screenshot and it clearly shows the GM is WRONG! Screenshot taken March 18th. The second paragraph is the one that applies to me.
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 44C2E137-7003-492F-829B-21A9FCE3A0BB

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll try to use that wording, but again, he’s just going to say I’m wrong and that “only applies to orders without changes after March 2021.”

It’s so frustrating, because we shouldn’t know more than them. Unfortunately, that’s what this has been this entire time. The consumer knowing more than the dealership. At the end of the day, my husband and I won’t walk away from this Bronco due to the $1,250 (the $100 increase in delivery isn’t an issue). It’s just disappointing, because we shouldn’t have to pay it. Period.

I’m going to continue to try and prove that I’m right (but if he doesn’t even acknowledge screenshots from the Ford website 🤷🏻‍♀️), but it’s a battle that can’t be won. The fact that they didn’t even honor the price on the DORA for my salesman shows just how the odds are definitely against me.
Let me start by saying I am a dealer. It is real simple if you did not ever have a 21MY on order that carried over to a 22MY. If you placed your order before the March 2022 cutoff,, you qualify for
Job #1 Pricing for the 22MY. If you placed your final change in Jan of this year, then your last Dora will have the correct pricing on it. It sounds like the new GM is getting confused with the cutoff for the 21MY price protection rule that was in place for early reservation holders that had to confirm their order before March 17, 2021 in order to be protected until their bronco arrived no matter if it was a 21,22, or 23MY. Tell the GM you would like for him to call his Rep and ask them. He will find out that he is incorrect on this issue with your order.

Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! And thank goodness! I knew I had taken a screenshot months ago, and I found it!! Sure, Ford doesn’t have it on their website now, but I have the date I took the screenshot and it clearly shows the GM is WRONG! Screenshot taken March 18th. The second paragraph is the one that applies to me.
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 44C2E137-7003-492F-829B-21A9FCE3A0BB
Great job saving this, this is exactly what I was referring about in my post...

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took a ton of screen shots back then as well. Lol! I've deleted them since I took delivery of my Bronco, but I think they stay in my trash folder for 30 days before going away for good. But, you have the one you need. Now let's hope that they aren't too stubborn to accept it!

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me start by saying I am a dealer. It is real simple if you did not ever have a 21MY on order that carried over to a 22MY. If you placed your order before the March 2022 cutoff,, you qualify for
Job #1 Pricing for the 22MY. If you placed your final change in Jan of this year, then your last Dora will have the correct pricing on it. It sounds like the new GM is getting confused with the cutoff for the 21MY price protection rule that was in place for early reservation holders that had to confirm their order before March 17, 2021 in order to be protected until their bronco arrived no matter if it was a 21,22, or 23MY. Tell the GM you would like for him to call his Rep and ask them. He will find out that he is incorrect on this issue with your order.
Thanks so much! You are one of the few dealers who *does* know. I will certainly take your advice! I’m getting my screenshots ready to send, but I’d rather speak directly to the GM. I’m hoping I’ll be able to.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If all else fails, call Ford Marketing Department from the Dealership. That’s what I did, after an hour of back-and-forth. The Dealer instantly honored my purchase price!

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If all else fails, call Ford Marketing Department from the Dealership. That’s what I did, after an hour of back-and-forth. The Dealer instantly honored my purchase price!
Thanks! I tried calling them a minute ago, but they are closed today. I’m going to call Monday if the GM still says I’m wrong after seeing my newest screenshots. I’m glad it worked out for you!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford, with all it’s faults, is still the most consumer-helpful Brand I’ve ever dealt with.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should absolutely be price protected - I ordered in the exact same time frame as you did, and also added slide-out tailgate right before the March 7th cutoff. I did change my color after the deadline but sales manager confirmed that change would not affect price protection. I paid what the original price was when I placed the order. Took delivery last month. Nobody made any stink about this at the dealership.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have it in writing from my dealer that my original signed PO is the price i'll be paying. but they've also never screwed me around before. you should be price protected.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If all else fails, You may also try the tactic of getting the dealer to agree to pay you back the price protection money when they receive it from Ford.

The mid year price protection money doesn’t come off the top for the dealer. They get it back 60 to 90 days after the sale. Ford has to verify the original person who ordered it was the one who purchased it. Folks in sales never see any of the price protection money. It comes into the back office. The GM and finance folks will see it.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should absolutely be price protected - I ordered in the exact same time frame as you did, and also added slide-out tailgate right before the March 7th cutoff. I did change my color after the deadline but sales manager confirmed that change would not affect price protection. I paid what the original price was when I placed the order. Took delivery last month. Nobody made any stink about this at the dealership.
I wish it was that simple for everyone! Glad you had a good experience. 🙂
Sponsored