Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Tech Tim gave me a heads-up about this potential issue several months ago. I bet he can offer some good advice here.
Thanks for the shout-out Rb!

Just had the same thing happen to me. ARB recommends using a manifold for this reason. They don’t recommend connecting the quick connect directly to the compressor output.

84C70175-726D-4041-95D0-0607AE8BF23F.jpeg

Yep, @BRBlue has it right, that ARB twin should never be ran with the air chuck mounted right to it. It is all about the heat.

At minimum you should use a SS hose lead that is 18" or longer to help dissipate the heat.

The better thing to do is to add in a small (or larger) air tank to give the air a little more time to cool down. The ARB manifold is a great addition, it's small enough to tuck almost anywhere and it has extra post on it, so you could run a small pressure gauge or other accessory.

ARB Manifold:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressor-mounts-accessories/171503-arb-compressor-manifold-kit

ARB also has a larger tank that would give extra storage:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tanks/171601-arb-forged-1-gallon-air-tank

Dimensions: 6.5"W X 6.5"H X 10"L
1 Gallon capacity

Combined with the ARB Twin compressor, you'll be able to run air tools out on the trail.

This is good... All that SS hose will help dissipate the heat.

The next step would be to have a small tank somewhere inline.

The next step beyond that would be:

Ford Bronco Need a solution for high-temp air hose fittings with onboard arb in engine bay Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 8.32.20 AM

😅😂🤣
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you figured out a good location for that 1-gallon tank? If so, you can take my money now.

Not yet.

Finally caught up on some Jeep projects, so just now getting into our Bronco build.

Waiting for the new Grimm compressor mount to show, then we'll get into finding a place to stuff that air tank.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the shout-out Rb!

Yep, @BRBlue has it right, that ARB twin should never be ran with the air chuck mounted right to it. It is all about the heat.

At minimum you should use a SS hose lead that is 18" or longer to help dissipate the heat.

The better thing to do is to add in a small (or larger) air tank to give the air a little more time to cool down. The ARB manifold is a great addition, it's small enough to tuck almost anywhere and it has extra post on it, so you could run a small pressure gauge or other accessory.

ARB Manifold:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressor-mounts-accessories/171503-arb-compressor-manifold-kit

ARB also has a larger tank that would give extra storage:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tanks/171601-arb-forged-1-gallon-air-tank

Dimensions: 6.5"W X 6.5"H X 10"L
1 Gallon capacity

Combined with the ARB Twin compressor, you'll be able to run air tools out on the trail.

This is good... All that SS hose will help dissipate the heat.

The next step would be to have a small tank somewhere inline.

The next step beyond that would be:

Ford Bronco Need a solution for high-temp air hose fittings with onboard arb in engine bay Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 8.32.20 AM

😅😂🤣
We also have the tanks/manifolds in stock along with the pressure control system

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also have the tanks/manifolds in stock along with the pressure control system
Did you do this install yet? I'm interested if there is anything I would have to do if my compressor power is wired to an Aux switch already.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you do this install yet? I'm interested if there is anything I would have to do if my compressor power is wired to an Aux switch already.
No I don't plan to add a tank or manifold to our installation. Others have though.

You don't need the tank/manifold though. THose are just optional accessories people add if they plan to do lockers or air horns or other things later on. Otherwise for 99.99% of customers our mounting kit + compressor is all that is needed. Or some folks buy hoses/fittings to move their chuck elsewhere

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I don't plan to add a tank or manifold to our installation. Others have though.

You don't need the tank/manifold though. THose are just optional accessories people add if they plan to do lockers or air horns or other things later on. Otherwise for 99.99% of customers our mounting kit + compressor is all that is needed. Or some folks buy hoses/fittings to move their chuck elsewhere
I'm sorry, I respond to you on the wrong thread. I'll ask the same question over there. :)

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone mounted their quick connect to either the crash bar or the bumper bar? See photos. Seems very easy to fish a braided SS line down there, but maybe mounting the quick connect could be a challenge.....not much room from the underside to get fittings on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone mounted their quick connect to either the crash bar or the bumper bar? See photos. Seems very easy to fish a braided SS line down there, but maybe mounting the quick connect could be a challenge.....not much room from the underside to get fittings on.
I've considered it... I keep pondering the dirt/mud/water problem of having the fitting always down there... because I just again powerwashed the underbelly because there was SO MUCH mud dried on everything down there I couldn't even begin taking off the stock rock rails to put new ones on. So... idk if I want my air chuck down there. idk.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was airing up in Sedona this week and the airhose fitting connected to the ARB in the engine bay let go. The hose got soft and the compression fitting couldn't hold it under pressure and BOOM hiiiisss. The ARB gets hot, it's in a hot engine bay, phoenix and sedona are hot ambient temps...

Caveats and Info:
- I live in Phoenix... it's HOT (even in Sedona where this happened, was like 102º outside)
- Flexzilla hose with ColorConnex fittings plugged into the ARB single compressor quick disconnect
- 33" tires... I was down at ~18psi and bringing them up to 40-42. Blew after the final two tires were at pressure.

SO... I'm looking for options:
1. I could sell/tradein this single ARB compressor and get a double so it'd fill up 2x faster and be exposed to heat for less time. Expensive route.
2. I could find better connectors than those pictured? hard lines? braided? (pressure isn't the issue it's the heat so idk if braided do better?)
3. I find a commercial connector and hose whip to plug into the engine bay mounted ARB, long enough to connect to outside of the engine bay. Not sure what brands or stuff might work here... but planning on going to a commercial hose store and ask for ideas.

THOUGHTS? Anybody else have similar issues and find a good solution?
Also... going to carry some hose clamps from now on... juuuust in case.

(coincidence - a couple weeks ago i have a flexzilla water hose on the house... Similarly the compression fitting let go... I mean that's outside too so... Phoenix / Arizona heat destroys everything.. ugh)

Ford Bronco Need a solution for high-temp air hose fittings with onboard arb in engine bay 2
Had the same issue. The Flexilla just can't take the heat. I even bought an extension Flexilla from @4x4TruckLEDs.com to get some distance from the ARB and the Flexilla hose ruptured the second time I used it. This under hood mount requires braided stainless steel line it seems which is the direction I am moving. IS that what you ended up doing?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the same issue. The Flexilla just can't take the heat. I even bought an extension Flexilla from @4x4TruckLEDs.com to get some distance from the ARB and the Flexilla hose ruptured the second time I used it. This under hood mount requires braided stainless steel line it seems which is the direction I am moving. IS that what you ended up doing?
I've never had issues with my ARB hose, but I use the MORRFlate system w/extension now adays.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1.jpg

2.jpg
I would not suggest mounting a fitting like that in an area subject to road debris, mud, oil, etc. It's going to get gummed up quickly and you'll spend more time cleaning and replacing it than using it.

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I really need to update this thread.
I did buy the kit and bracket from truckLEDS guys; still sitting in the box (was too hot to install, now just busy)... but also I knew I'd still probably have issues with the Flexzilla line being in the engine bay in any regard sooooooo ... I went to a local industrial hose company (Alternative Hose) and had them build me a 4' braided PTFE line with fittings ($57 w/ fittings). So optionally I can either use that to get out of the engine bay with the air chuck on it... or just use that off the chuck so it takes the heat and I just hook up my lines to that 4' whip.
Somewhat funny that I was in there asking to build that hose and a guy was buying a 4-inch diameter hose assembly for some big ass tractor lol... BUT... the guys were cool and I'm all set in that dept. Just need time to reconfigure stuff. I'll update with pics and intel when I get it installed.
Sponsored