First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s my tin foil hat take and mashing this all together. Ford will incentivize people to drop constrained items. If they don’t, they wait longer. If they don’t get built during 23, they lose price protection. They want to get through the backlog so they can take new orders at a higher price.
It is hard to believe that Ford doesn't have the supplies to fill the remaining private orders by the end of the current build year. They haven't taken new orders in almost 10 months. How many SAS/Lux/MIC order combinations are remaining?

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is hard to believe that Ford doesn't have the supplies to fill the remaining private orders by the end of the current build year. They haven't taken new orders in almost 10 months. How many SAS/Lux/MIC order combinations are remaining?
Agreed. Seems crazy

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Flex

We had the 3.5 ecoboost version many years ago. It had a unique look but that thing was a sleeper and a great road/trip vehicle. Its death is a testament to a styling miss for many Americans and anemic marketing by Ford for a very useful vehicle. The Flex might become that odd collectible that gets "retro-modded" in the next decade. E.G. - Nomad wagon.
Never owned a Flex, but I wanted one after I saw they had a section in the manual for driving a manual transmission. They never put a manual trans in it as far as I know though, which eliminated it immediately. Half the reason I didn't feel completely awful about having to switch my bronco order from a 2 to a 4-door was because I read the term "covered wagon" on here. I'm still going to miss having a 2-door, but I was told about 5 months ago that my 2-door order my not happen in '23, so I switched to a 4-door and had a VIN about 3 weeks later. And at this point, I just need a car. So I'll load up my ox and donkey and head west.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious that if price protection drops on those who refuse to play ball, will these under MSRP order dealers continue to hold that price? The dealers doing that are going to take a hit if price protection is gone.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Curious that if price protection drops on those who refuse to play ball, will these under MSRP order dealers continue to hold that price? The dealers doing that are going to take a hit if price protection is gone.
There has been some speculation that some below MSRP/invoice dealers are playing dumb with the current price protection/private offer to make up the difference in what they lose selling at those lower prices. They get their money eventually and the customer never knows.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the only thing that makes sense at this point. Why the OP neglected to mention key points which would have stopped this thread from derailing is mins boggling facts matter.
How can I mention information that I do not have?? My OP was a direct copy and paste of the email I received. No “key points” were left out.

It’s amazing the amount of people that want to shoot the messenger. I’m reporting what I was sent. As are many others.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked the same question the other day. Fly by Nite answered that, in September, the 2 door was at 19% constraint against 28% Orders
Meh, so 9% of what is in order can’t be built…not terrible, unless your one of them.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My limited understanding is if you're going to try and hang in there and don't get built this year, private and transition offer (PP) is gonzo. Questions I'd want answered before rolling the dice is if the dealer is going to be given a specific allocation for each model to finish out '23 and if time stamp has any meaning at this point.

I get the feeling that WT people are going to be the most screwed in this since they have the most "standard" sins being SAS and MOD. The majority are probably LUX and hard tops. If I had a SAS BL right now, I'd change the bumper to capable , non-SAS (just faux squatch it with wheels later), drop to high and roll the dice with the hard top if that's a deal breaker. Would only take my chance on the top if you were close to top of the list at your specific dealer. There's going to be a ton of WTs either get changed to BL's, change to a lesser model or completely drop off the system.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Texting my guy tomorrow (yuge Texas dealer) to see what's up. If this is true then my 2 door order is good as cancelled. Yeah, wait till 2024 and pay retail, no thanks.

At this point I'll just sit it out and buy a Bronco in 3-4 years when they hit the used market and sell for 50% MSRP.

Off note, why can't I get a fucking soft top w/2d!!! I literally DROVE a soft top two door at Bronco off-roadeo and loved it. Ford, just sell it to me like that!!!

I can put my soft top on my two door and I am willing to take $15k over MSRP for my low mileage Bronco (58k miles) driven only back and forth to church on Sundays.

Ford Bronco No more 2023MY scheduling for hardtops, Sasquatch and LUX (reported by dealership) IMG_20221006_185615

It has lux, tow, and a spare hardtop too. It has 92k left on the transferable factory warranty. Think, it could be yours for only $63,000.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My limited understanding is if you're going to try and hang in there and don't get built this year, private and transition offer (PP) is gonzo. Questions I'd want answered before rolling the dice is if the dealer is going to be given a specific allocation for each model to finish out '23 and if time stamp has any meaning at this point.

I get the feeling that WT people are going to be the most screwed in this since they have the most "standard" sins being SAS and MOD. The majority are probably LUX and hard tops. If I had a SAS BL right now, I'd change the bumper to capable , non-SAS (just faux squatch it with wheels later), drop to high and roll the dice with the hard top if that's a deal breaker. Would only take my chance on the top if you were close to top of the list at your specific dealer. There's going to be a ton of WTs either get changed to BL's, change to a lesser model or completely drop off the system.
As I’ve stated a few times I think they want to save all of the Sasquatch parts for the models that come standard with them. Wildtrak, Everglades and Heritage. The Wildtrak has always seemed to be the hardest to get built. So I would venture to say there are still quite a few sitting and waiting. And the Wildtrak in general is a more profitable model than a base or Big Bend with the Sasquatch option.

Just my speculation.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily I’m not one of them. But there are going to be some upset people, many who have dug in hard on the under MSRP tag, who could have bought a bronco off the lot with some ADM cheaper after the price protection is gone. That’s a tough pill to swallow.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.