Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that too, until I test drove one. The Bronco drives MUCH better, and not worth the 25 miles of silent driving, IMO.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 8.19.39 AM.png
If you’re actually doing off road with it, it’s perfectly comfortable for the terrain. I agree it’s not very comfortable at the mall though.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
troll post but at any rate if you match option for option,lockers,leather,shocks and so on a jeep isnt cheaper. Could you get certain jeeps cheaper? yup... But generally not identical options. I went down that road.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got into my 4-door, Sasquatch, 2.7, auto, MY22 for $43k, to get those features on a Wrangler, I'm probably looking at over $60k. It's not apples to apples, cause Jeep makes you jump to the top trims, to get the good mechanics.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
Bronco and Wrangler are very similar vehicles in terms of the functionality. I'd get the one offering the best deal, and available to enjoy this summer. I mean - how many summers are there in life? (I'm not part of the "worth the wait" and "I'm going to live forever" crowd, lol.)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Chantilly Fairoaks Jeep in Virginia.
It's actually up to $12k in savings and here's the fine print:

Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 11-36-33 We'll Get It For You Fair Oaks Chrysler Jeep Dodge

So not really relatable to a run of the mill Wrangler vs. Bronco arguement.

They do offer some discounts on their website and here's that disclaimer:

*All pricing Includes a $1000 Finance Coupon that is good only if the financing is arranged through one of Fair Oaks Motors Inc's many financing partners and $1,000 trade-in Coupon that is good only if there is a trade-in.

Fair Oaks Family VALUE price is plus all fees, optional Family Value Package $995, Zurich Shield Standard $225, LoJack car technology W/10K Warranty benefit $399, and it includes all applicable factory incentives. Price excludes state and local taxes, registration, title, misc. DMV fees, dealer-installed accessories, the destination charge (new only), and an $879 dealership processing fee. Some included rebates, coupons, or incentives may require financing through the dealer or manufacturer and are therefore subject to credit approval. Pricing may not be compatible with special factory financing. All information on this page is for informational purposes only, and the dealer is not responsible for errors or omissions in the pricing or vehicle equipment displayed.

Thow all that into the blender and I don't think you're going to get that great of a price difference (if any) but good luck!

OP
OP

Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
troll post but at any rate if you match option for option,lockers,leather,shocks and so on a jeep isnt cheaper. Could you get certain jeeps cheaper? yup... But generally not identical options. I went down that road.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don't understand someone joining up on a Bronco site on this very day and the first conversation is I think I would be better off with a Jeep! Am I missing something here or am I imaging shit again?

6c9f1f3710bb52e9c511c428ed514e4d.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry didn't mean to post a blank. To explain I am in my mid 20s this is a ton of money for a vehicle and my first big purchase I want to be sure it's worth it so I wanted to see if people who bought a bronco thought it was worth the price they paid.

OP
OP

Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's actually up to $12k in savings and here's the fine print:

Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 6c9f1f3710bb52e9c511c428ed514e4d

So not really relatable to a run of the mill Wrangler vs. Bronco arguement.

They do offer some discounts on their website and here's that disclaimer:

*All pricing Includes a $1000 Finance Coupon that is good only if the financing is arranged through one of Fair Oaks Motors Inc's many financing partners and $1,000 trade-in Coupon that is good only if there is a trade-in.

Fair Oaks Family VALUE price is plus all fees, optional Family Value Package $995, Zurich Shield Standard $225, LoJack car technology W/10K Warranty benefit $399, and it includes all applicable factory incentives. Price excludes state and local taxes, registration, title, misc. DMV fees, dealer-installed accessories, the destination charge (new only), and an $879 dealership processing fee. Some included rebates, coupons, or incentives may require financing through the dealer or manufacturer and are therefore subject to credit approval. Pricing may not be compatible with special factory financing. All information on this page is for informational purposes only, and the dealer is not responsible for errors or omissions in the pricing or vehicle equipment displayed.

Thow all that into the blender and I don't think you're going to get that great of a price difference (if any) but good luck!
Thank you for pointing that out I hadn't dug to far into the weeds there yet still need to calm that dealer about the offer.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can find a handful of dealers nationwide that are currently offering 7-8% under invoice on Wrangler orders. You can find more info on the wrangler forums. Doubt you will actually find any discount larger than that.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imma give it to you straight....nobody here cares what kind of car you buy.

This isn't a Bronco cult, just a forum.
damn, now what do I do about these robes, the sacrifices and bingo cards?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
I can.

What are you buying the Bronco for? If you're buying it to wheel - you would want to be in a Rubicon trim with the 35" tire package which is going to put you at $53k and that has no options on it.

A Base Sasquatch 4-door is $44k.

If you're not buying the Bronco to wheel - why would you buy something so uncomfortable?

Availability doesn't equal affordability.
Sponsored