First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those kinds of discounts (which I don't believe are correct) mean that Jeep knows they are going to get slaughtered by the Bronco as soon as Ford gets past the reservation holders and can make as much inventory as possible. Remember that a vast majority of Jeep owners drive on the street and there's no comparison.
I've seen this sentiment from a few different places and just want to point out that every bronco sold to a reservation holder or order holder is going to a customer.

The reality is that Ford needs to fix their production problems. The jeep wrangler has been in production for years, and Jeep has it pinned down. They don't have any level of supply chain issues that Ford does for something that has only been in production for a few years.
Jeep Wrangler for Q3 of 2022 sold 47,659 units.
Ford Bronco for the same period sold 31,545 units and that was nearly every unit they could build. They need to be able to build another 10k+ units to catch Wrangler.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco for the same period sold 31,545 units
I'd say those numbers are still a resounding success and probably beat Ford's projections when they decided to bring back the Bronco.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen this sentiment from a few different places and just want to point out that every bronco sold to a reservation holder or order holder is going to a customer.

The reality is that Ford needs to fix their production problems. The jeep wrangler has been in production for years, and Jeep has it pinned down. They don't have any level of supply chain issues that Ford does for something that has only been in production for a few years.
Ford Bronco for the same period sold 31,545 units and that was nearly every unit they could build. They need to be able to build another 10k+ units to catch Wrangler.
Let me expand on that. I think Ford had to initially throttle their production not only because of the hard top issues but because I think they actually wanted to fulfill the reservations early. Then they realized that because of constraints that wasn't going to be possible. So they reverted to the traditional allocation model.

If there were no special orders and Ford was only going to make what the dealers order (with the dealers holding to the constraints) then I think Ford would be making 2x as many Broncos as they are now.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is way cheaper and likely more capable than the jeep, just dress warmly.

Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 20-honda-crf1100l-africa-twin-adventure-sports-se_action-05-1200x800

Or you can stick with the jeep...

Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 117-1178024_jeep-sport-truck-pink-girly-car-rent-sale

The choice is yours.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Eww Pepto bismol color on a JKU. Some people's kids, I swear.

People can accuse me of going with a boring color, but Jeeps can surely be nice looking autos.
Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 392

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MSRP on my current Bronco order is: $48,770

2023 2 door Outer Banks 2.7 advanced 4x4 high package, tow package, hardtop, auxiliary switches.

Invoice is $47,101
My price is $45,101 before PP (roughly 3k) and 23MY Transition Offer (2.5k)
My final price $39,601

That's over $9,000 under MSRP... next please.

Go ahead, show me a jeep that comes close to the same options for $39,601 (+/- $1,000), I'll wait.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eww Pepto bismol color on a JKU. Some people's kids, I swear.

People can accuse me of going with a boring color, but Jeeps can surely be nice looking autos.
Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 1674509496066
I'm not a Jeeper largely because I won't own something with a Fiat/Dodge powertrain and partially because of Jeep culture, but I can't deny the classic Jeep shape looks good.

Reactions: sko

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

damn, now what do I do about these robes, the sacrifices and bingo cards?
Let's eat the lamb and the goat. Keep the woman. And burn the bingo cards to ward off demons.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
So does it count if I'm a Granger customer who's under invoice pricing and not paying a $10k ADM?

But yeah, get what you want you don't have to justify it to us but you might want to read the fine print on that $12k off.
I was looking at the Jeep last year before I found that the Bronco even existed (which I have now). There aren't really discounts on the Jeep. It's only discounted to MSRP if you order from the factory just like any Ford today.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Holy Sheep Sh*T, OP last seen on page 2, and we are on page 8.