Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
So is a 1998 Toyota RAV4 AWD. I should know… I have one as well. It is more affordable to drive than my BAD SASQ, my 2021 Ram 3500, and more affordable than any wrangler to drive. That is not the point of this forum. It is a forum for Bronco lovers. It is very true that Ford screwed the pooch on the roll out on about every front they could, but we still love our Broncos. I don’t hate Jeeps, my wife drives a Grand Cherokee and it’s a great vehicle. I love the style, the legacy, the heritage of the Bronco 2 door. I know they build the 4 door to broaden market share which is just smart business. If “affordable” is the deciding factor for you, go for it, but for the Bronco lovers, like me... its a Bronco (not Jeep) thang.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok - time to go to the gym and then do "real life" stuff. Redbeard20, thanks for the entertainment for a Monday... it's been a hoot!

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually don't participate in these posts but......

Pretty interesting title here so I had to look it over.... I just spent a little time (15 mins that I will never get back) and looked at 4 Jeep dealers where we live. I could not find a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a GAS engine (Not Diesel, not 4xe) that is less money than an equally equipped Badlands Non-Sas for less money. (I say Non-Sas because all the Stock Rubicons I see out there on the dealer sites have 33's - not 35's with extreme recon which is a $$ add). Could it be that the incentives are because there are so many 4xe and Diesel's sitting on lots collecting dust?

I certainly can't configure a Rubicon as close as possible to a BL SAS, LUX, MIC, TOW, 2.7 for less than the Bronco price. In fact there is close to an $8k difference in Wrangler Rubicon, Extreme Recon, V6 Hard Top and all the other add ons to come close to the Lux package... Also, you can add SAS to every Bronco and if I am not mistaken, my understanding the only way to get lockers on a Wrangler outside of a Rubicon is aftermarket.

With that said... Why do posts like this get so much traction? (OH, it is because IDIOTS LIKE ME respond to them!)

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
It's totally up to you, your decision. If you have decided Jeep is the way to go, then that's what you should do.

I have actual, real world experience with a Jeep. We've owned a Wrangler JL Sahara for 4+ years, bought new in 2018. While Jeep has a huge cult following - honestly, after owning and driving one for 4 years, I just don't get it. It's just not a great vehicle. It's...okay. It really doesn't do anything excellent, it's just sort of "meh" at everything. It wobbles when you hit a bump at 65-75mph (not death wobble, but a wobble nonetheless). It hunts for gear at 25-30 mph, like the transmission doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. It's LOUD on the interstate, and we have a hardtop.

After driving the Bronco and attending the Bronco Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire, I can tell you the Bronco does everything about 100% better. It's quieter inside, noticeably so. It accelerates better. It's great off road on the trails - at least at Gunstock resort in New Hampshire, lol.

Thank God the Jeep is my wife's car or I would have got rid of it after a year. I've been a BMW guy for many years, and the Bronco will be my primary daily driver, giving my wife the X5 and giving the Jeepster the ol' heave-ho :LOL:

Again, good luck whichever you decide, I mean that seriously.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the one you like the best. Sure Broncos have high mark ups right now because its new and in short supply, but you can get MSRP if you place an order. If you don't need the constrained items it shouldn't be too long (I got mine order to delivery in 4 months, no reservation). Definitely take a Bronco for a drive before you settle in on your decision.

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Joined today after looking for 2 years to tell us about Jeep pricing compared to Bronco? I don't think many here were concerned as to price. We wanted a BRONCO.
Support group you might find is a better fit - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I usually don't participate in these posts but......

Pretty interesting title here so I had to look it over.... I just spent a little time (15 mins that I will never get back) and looked at 4 Jeep dealers where we live. I could not find a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a GAS engine (Not Diesel, not 4xe) that is less money than an equally equipped Badlands Non-Sas for less money. (I say Non-Sas because all the Stock Rubicons I see out there on the dealer sites have 33's - not 35's with extreme recon which is a $$ add). Could it be that the incentives are because there are so many 4xe and Diesel's sitting on lots collecting dust?

I certainly can't configure a Rubicon as close as possible to a BL SAS, LUX, MIC, TOW, 2.7 for less than the Bronco price. In fact there is close to an $8k difference in Wrangler Rubicon, Extreme Recon, V6 Hard Top and all the other add ons to come close to the Lux package... Also, you can add SAS to every Bronco and if I am not mistaken, my understanding the only way to get lockers on a Wrangler outside of a Rubicon is aftermarket.

With that said... Why do posts like this get so much traction? (OH, it is because IDIOTS LIKE ME respond to them!)
Idiots like you, and me :LOL:

I'm guessing a lot of people here have experience with Jeeps, like I do - and therefore comment before seeing someone else make the same mistake we did 😁

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idiots like you, and me :LOL:

I'm guessing a lot of people here have experience with Jeeps, like I do - and therefore comment before seeing someone else make the same mistake we did 😁
For sure!! See we commented again… 🤣🤣

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently went to Jeep’s website and did a build and price for a wrangler Willy’s. All I added was the recon package, hard top, and tow package, it brought my total to 51k vs the 44k I paid for my similarly spec’d base Sasquatch. Mind you jeeps recon package does not provide front and rear lockers. Bronco is the better value, ADM aside. Put the drugs down.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I thought that too, until I test drove one. The Bronco drives MUCH better, and not worth the 25 miles of silent driving, IMO.

Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 1674513390773

Just gonna put my bronco pentagram away then i guess...
Sponsored