Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You will be covered as long as you are under 36k miles, but at 36,001 miles, they will tell you to go F yourself, even if the vehicle isn't even a year old... As if mileage causes significant wear on the hardtop. Lifted mine up once and it cracked like a bitch, just over 36k, sorry - not covered, and not covered by the extended warranty either.

So if you notice ANY problems, raise hell before 36k miles or, prepare to suck it up.
Certainly unfortunate that happened to you, but bumper to bumper has always been 3 year or 36k miles, whichever comes first. Nothing new there šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the hairline cracks, it seems they are all at the rear cap portion only. Has anyone experienced the hairline cracks at the front or middle removable panels?

Also, arenā€™t the replacement tops the same thing? Itā€™s not like youā€™re going to get a ā€œthickerā€ top from Ford/Webasto, unless they secretly improved this and somehow no one knows. I feel like their is also the risk of getting a worse replacement top.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Certainly unfortunate that happened to you, but bumper to bumper has always been 3 year or 36k miles, whichever comes first. Nothing new there šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Wasn't complaining, I was warning others. Don't want it to happen to others. My top failed on a weekend before I hit 36k, unfortunately, I had to drive far enough that I went over 36k that weekend. Not a great situation; sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant. I am fixing it myself now.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Say what you want, JEEP and GM did it right. My 78 K5 has had the top on and off for over 40 ears and is in great shape, I just sold my 2014 JKUR and we had that top off every year since new. My TJ top before I sold it was only chipped from dropping it (late night removal) now i will see how my 4th removable hard top fairs here shortly.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The warranty is one of the reasons I've leased most of my vehicles over the last 40 years. I'm buying the Bronco, but any sign of trouble, it's history.

Sponsored

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hardtop was replaced a couple weeks ago. The side windows and rear window were reused. If you are gonna get one replaced make sure to get the replacement headliner also if you have one.
Most likely they will reuse your current windows.
The rear glass will be swapped like mentioned. However, Ford will cover the cost of the tint if a window needs to be replaced under warranty. It would be covered under related damage. If your dealership is decent at all, they would be able to get approval for it. They would just need to submit your original invoice/receipt to prior approval.

Ford just paid for my windshield tint after having the recall done and the windshield breaking. Luckily I didnā€™t have to rely on a dealer though, because I work at one and I got the approval šŸ˜‚

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My hardtop was replaced a couple weeks ago. The side windows and rear window were reused. If you are gonna get one replaced make sure to get the replacement headliner also if you have one.
Does quality seem the same with your replacement top? Also, how does the MIC gray color match to your removable panels? Iā€™m assuming you just got the rear cap replaced. Thank you.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be covered as long as you are under 36k miles, but at 36,001 miles, they will tell you to go F yourself, even if the vehicle isn't even a year old... As if mileage causes significant wear on the hardtop. Lifted mine up once and it cracked like a bitch, just over 36k, sorry - not covered, and not covered by the extended warranty either.

So if you notice ANY problems, raise hell before 36k miles or, prepare to suck it up.
Sorry to hear that. What I don't understand is that if some flex of the body is causing the cracks in the crappy plastic, why are not the Bronco Rodeo tops in pieces?

Do you think the application of a bedliner type material would help hold it all together? Then again, that may add quite a bit of weight. I absolutely hate lawyers but I can easily see this unfortunately being a class action down the road.

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No way they cover that. I expect to have to pay.
Actually being from fixed ops at ford dealer they WILL pay to re-tint the glass, It's covered under consequential damage.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s no guarantee that the replacement top will be any better. But if your current top is cracking- why wouldnā€™t you try to get a new top? Youā€™re just going to let your current top open up like the Grand Canyon down the road? If the new top (that I hope weā€™ll be getting) does it as well, weā€™ll report that one for warranty as well. This is Fords design and they are paying for it

Sponsored

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does quality seem the same with your replacement top? Also, how does the MIC gray color match to your removable panels? Iā€™m assuming you just got the rear cap replaced. Thank you.
I would say the color matches perfectly. I will include a pic of the only imperfection I could find on the outside. I would say it is only cosmetic. I did see some weirdness on the inside right under the side windows (same place they have been cracking-see pics). I will say if the new one cracks at all I will immediately trade it for something practical and boring like a tacoma.

bob.jpg

bob 1.jpg

bob 2.jpg

bob 3.jpg

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do think it's worth everyone submitting a warranty claim for the tops cracking. Ford needs to be hammered for this from all angles. The more garbage tops that pile up in their boneyard the better the chance we actually get some improvement here. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the conversations between Ford and Webasto.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think it's worth everyone submitting a warranty claim for the tops cracking. Ford needs to be hammered for this from all angles. The more garbage tops that pile up in their boneyard the better the chance we actually get some improvement here. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the conversations between Ford and Webasto.
Exactly. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I know itā€™s cliche, but itā€™s true. I absolutely love my bronco. But Iā€™m not going to give Ford a pass for developing a really cool and capable vehicle- with a crappy top that cracks and breaks 2k miles on. They need to figure out how to fix this. Whether itā€™s a redesign, new manufacturer, etc, etc- I donā€™t care. But with the overall good quality of Jeep tops, itā€™s inexcusable for them not to be able to do this.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I know itā€™s cliche, but itā€™s true. I absolutely love my bronco. But Iā€™m not going to give Ford a pass for developing a really cool and capable vehicle- with a crappy top that cracks and breaks 2k miles on. They need to figure out how to fix this. Whether itā€™s a redesign, new manufacturer, etc, etc- I donā€™t care. But with the overall good quality of Jeep tops, itā€™s inexcusable for them not to be able to do this.
Exactly. Ford took everything good & cool about the Wrangler and made it better with the Bronco.......except for the MIC hard top. From a "cool" and practical standpoint the top is good......but the build quality of it really took a backseat.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These tops should be flawless by now. I gave Ford a pass the first model year, probably the second, not the third. Inexcusable.
Sponsored