Sponsored

how did you handle first stone chip on body?!

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No rock chips that I know of yet, but my first chip was removing the passenger door for the first time since Ford decided to not use any grease in the hinges. I just used the ford touch up paint and clear coat pen. good as new.
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didnā€™t really care. Have a few chips on the leading edge of my hood, the worst area is the lower doors which have plenty of chips both sides. Rear fender flares are also chewed up from rocks hitting them. Stuff like that is bound to happen at some point so no reason losing sleep over it. Have a couple rock rashes on my wheels that are more of a badge of honour for me.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread will help cure my OCD obsession with everything needing to be perfect. Spoiler alert Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone and hearing these comments helps me feel better with less caring with more enjoying.

Thank you

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didnt take long for the Goodyears to toss rocks into the doors. At least the bandaid is off.

The wife dinging my door with her car in the garage is another story... still not over that lol
Lol. My wife very unnecessarily threw open the door and tagged it directly into the corner of my workbench. Plenty of room, literally about a quarter inch from clearing the workbench completely.

Before I could even say anything she got mad at me for flinching so hard and the fact that I was probably going to suggest there was no need to open the car door like that.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didnā€™t really care. Have a few chips on the leading edge of my hood, the worst area is the lower doors which have plenty of chips both sides. Rear fender flares are also chewed up from rocks hitting them. Stuff like that is bound to happen at some point so no reason losing sleep over it. Have a couple rock rashes on my wheels that are more of a badge of honour for me.
worried about rust?

Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dr. Color Chip makes factory matched paint for touchups. I know there are others out there but that is what I have used. I didn't correctly space some rotopax brackets and it rubbed off some paint in a small area.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a small chip the first week and some missing paint from the factory on the top of the quarter panel that appeared to be from the metal soft top frame digging in. I had the shop that did full body PPF fix both of them before installing. I now have 17k miles and have just a few small tears/blemishes in the PPF and some longer faint scratches in it from branches. Iā€™m running 315/70 AT3Wā€™s instead of the factory Goodyears so stone throwing is relatively minimal.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking to just fix the one that is on my A-pillar near my passenger side mirror. Just because that will probably eventually rust. Other than that, there will be small chips, and have stopped obsessing about having sparkling clean footwells. I now look at other Broncos on the road and wonder how they keep them so clean in diarrhea Michigan winter weather.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dozens of nicks within 1st 3 days....still couldn't do mud flaps....ended up getting rock slide engineering sliders...mostly solved issue except for about a 3 inch gap between flare and the slider....I totally recommend these step sliders..makes getting in and out so much easier...no more seat ware and barely any more nicks

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I acknowledged it and quickly ignored it along with all the brush pin-striping I got a few months later.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Get the Dr. Color Chip kit if you want to fix, very easy and professional results. Much better than the stupid paint pens. I have done 3 rounds of chip repair so far, they don't bother me until I can see several lol.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco on a Thursday in August of '21, took it off road on that Saturday and got a nice dent in my rear drivers door. It's still there. It's only a badge of honor if you get a ding while using it for what it was made to do.
Sponsored