2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i have an ev as a daily commuter. that type of anxiety is a different breed

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have an ev as a daily commuter. that type of anxiety is a different breed
Ya I suppose you cant really walk to anywhere and come back w/a can of electrons? What do EV owners do? Buy a really really really really long extension cord?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

communist dictatorship...
....Illinois
Say no more, my friend
Illinois was my next guess, I spend about a month there every year doing my best to stay out of public places. I will continue to do so until Chicago breaks off as an independent city-state and the infection can be contained.

Found the pilot
Well I don't know what else to call it, what is it translated to car person language?
Lean of stoichiometric air fuel ratio at a steady speed seems...excessive, I think.
Maybe lambda something or other I dunno 🤔

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I don't know what else to call it, what is it translated to car person language?
Lean of stoichiometric air fuel ratio at a steady speed seems...excessive, I think.
Maybe lambda something or other I dunno 🤔
No no, them’s the rules, people need to know

Sponsored

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You folks must hate your "in-tank" electric fuel pump.🥵
Exactly what my husband said. We never go below half. Doesn’t seem to cost as much when it “appears” you pay less. Not to mention in Wyoming you are an idiot if you put yourself in low fuel situation in our climate.

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly what my husband said. We never go below half. Doesn’t seem to cost as much when it “appears” you pay less. Not to mention in Wyoming you are an idiot if you put yourself in low fuel situation in our climate.

as dumb as driving an EB when our towns are 100 miles apart, and ford says turn off heater to save miles on EV.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever? I mean, I've actually run out of gas before and it's nothing to write home about.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reactions: Tex

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ya I suppose you cant really walk to anywhere and come back w/a can of electrons? What do EV owners do? Buy a really really really really long extension cord?
you have to tow it either to a charging station or home. thats why a full EV bronco (or any other vehicle you will go offroad in the woods in) is stupid. theres nothing you can do if you run out. also its damaging for lithium batteries to go to zero. I've read people in teslas and etc go to zero, and lose 5-10% of their range permanently.
dont get me wrong i love my jag EV. its the perfect daily, i live in a big city but dont need to commute much for work. ironically city driving is better for your range than highway too. my car actually has 250mi of range too so im good for most things, even road trips if im patient enough to hit the faster chargers along the way. i dont need to charge everyday so i dont but when i get down to 30% i do get range anxiety. even if 30% is still close to a 100 miles and i dont really need more than 20 for my daily commute.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who else has almost ran out of gas ⛽?

3EA12070-B55A-411F-A842-155F79865ED7.jpeg
Was at 5 to E yesterday. But you realize that's not really empty, right? With Ford, E or 0 miles is the beginning of the reserve. On average, you're looking at 25-30 miles after you hit 0 before you'll be running out of gas.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Truckers fueling tricks for peeps that like to stretch every drop. But cost you more in the long run.

Make sure you maximise fuel delivery and not turn into vapor and give it back free to the gas station. (or to the atmosphere if not recovered)

Fill up when at half tank (less volume for gas to turn into vapor)
Fill at half rate (the fist tap on the auto fill) this slows down the fuel less vapor created.
Fill in the mornings or evenings during the coldest temperatures (fuel is less volatile at colder temperatures)

Gas station way of maximizing vapor is to deliver it at the highest velocity.
Costco and major brand gas stations replace the inline filters more often and their gas is delivered with maximum velocity.

3rd tier stations are too cheap to replace their filters often their gas comes out much slower.
If you follow these tips I bet you could save a dollar a month!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My F350 has 2.5 gallons of diesel left in the tank at 0 miles. By Bronco has .6 gallons of gas left at zero miles.
My Range Rover diesel has 2.7 gallons remaining at 0 miles. I ran it down to 3 miles the other day and got 20.0 gallons in it.
Sponsored