35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what I'm hearing is it is possible to upgrade and add the sub without modifying the space or making it look like some weird bulge?

I don't want to go high dollar but I plan on replacing everything with a nice amped setup that you can hear well at 80 with the roof off.
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's tight and you do have to trim about a 1/2 inch circle out to fit since the stock sub is so small. I'm not sure what the volume is but I used poly fill and sound deadener and it sounds good for a single 8". Here's a pic of what needed to be trimmed.
Bronco OEM Sub Box.jpg

Sub finished.jpg
Thanks for the info it helps!

ntweather

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands, 2021 Jetta SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think so to flatten the signal and then you can a cleaner sound from your sub (just how I see it). They are not necessary though.

Also don't want to take credit for the location and how to mount, posted a like below and believe he is on the forum as well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know what weight the stock 4" speaker magnets are? I want to replace them with something similar in weight. I searched but couldn't find it, yet remember someone mentioning it before.
They are almost exactly 1/2 of the weight of a Morel Maximo Ultra Coax Mk II.

I have 2 of the factory speakers (from the rear pods) and a Morel Maximo Ultra Mk II (4" Coax) here in my apartment, but I don't have a proper scale.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a very nice forum member send me their stock sub and amp as well. I’m going to follow all of this and try to enable the oem system after my bronco arrives with the subwoofer delete. I sincerely hope there is some way to get the system to work without lots of anguish or cost.
Would be great if someone with an early 2023 could send you a list of how the radio was checked off in Forscan to compare with yours. Surely just some setting needs to be turned on to power the rear wires?

Sponsored

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would be great if someone with an early 2023 could send you a list of how the radio was checked off in Forscan to compare with yours. Surely just some setting needs to be turned on to power the rear wires?
Agree! Here’s hoping! Hehehe

JimV

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner, Sequoia & Rav4, Ford Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. So I have succeeded using a Ford amp, an aftermarket sub, and FORScan. Please refer to my prior posts in this thread for additional detail. This post is specifically for those with a 2023 Bronco non-B&O sound system with a nonfunctional amp and sub.

My Bronco is a 4 door 2023 Badlands with a mid package and a non-functional amp and sub. As most have noted, the six-speaker sound system is horrible. My goal was to do the minimal amount possible and keep the factory look and feel. I didn't want to run extra wires, splice wires, etc., only using what was there and adding minimal effort to get a functioning amp and sub in the back to improve sound quality. I was not going after having the loudest or best-sounding system out there.

Tools Used:
  • Plastic Trim Removal Tool Set
  • Philips screwdriver (remove the nonfunctional amp from the stock sub enclosure
  • Torx t20 (remove the sub from the enclosure)
  • Router, and template to modify the sub enclosure (depending on speaker chosen, this may not be required)
Purchased Products:
  • Dynamat Xtreme - Sound Dampening
  • Dymamat Dynaliner - More sound dampening for the ambient noise with the cabinet
  • A functioning non-B&O Ford Bronco sub amp from some upgrading on this forum (which at this point is very limited), or purchase this Ford Fusion amp -https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/. Both will work equally as well from my testing.
  • Sub: Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8; but if I were to redo this I would choose the Kicker 48CWRT672 - I'll explain further below; I know there are other subs other there that will work too; just watch the minimum watch, ohms (2ohm x 2ohm), and dual voice coil.
Software and OBD:

Steps taken to get the Sub Installed and working:
  1. Removed all back panels (floor, driver side, passenger side - where the sub is).
  2. Sound Dampening - Installed Dynamat and Dynaliner in key areas to remove rattles, vibrations and such. I didnt wall paper it all over the back, but added just enough to help.
  3. Removed the sub enclosure; Disconnecting the stock wiring harness from the non funcational amp and sub.
  4. Removed the non functional amp and sub from the Bronco
  5. Retrofit the sub enclosure cut-over diameter to fit the the 8" sub purchased (This is why I recommend the six inch Kicker, I do not believe any modification will be needed - so no cutting).
  6. Installed installation tape on the sub enclousre to seal the 8" sub
  7. Modified the stock sub speaker harness (not the stock amp harness); removing the sub terminal connecters. Then connected the sub to the modified sub harness.
  8. Mounted the sub back into the enclosure ensuring it was sealed and wires were connected
  9. Installed a functional Ford amp on the enclosure - no modding necessary
  10. Reinstalled the sub enclosure in the cabin; connecting the existing / stock wiring harness.
  11. Reinstalled all the panels.
  12. **** Tested to ensure the Bronco was still happy **** Turned the car on ensured the sound system worked and no issues.
  13. Took out the windows 11 laptop with FORScan installed and plugged in the OBX adapter. (keep in mind I had already requested a temporary license key for FORScan).
  14. Connected the the OBX adapter to the Bronco, already having FORScan up and running on the latptop.
  15. **** Connected to the Bronco and made a backup of the vehicle setting with FORScan *****
  16. Loaded the ACM Module to modify 727-01-01:
  17. Modified my as built from "382B 14F1 0098" changing only one character "4" to a "6"; I paused for a moment and noticed one other character changed as well automatically. I suspect this was the result of a checksum performed. The end result was my 727-01-01 line: "382B 16F1 009A"; Realize I only made the one character change "4 to 6" (14F1), but the "8" (0098)was changed automatically to "A".
  18. I wrote the change via FORScan to the vehicle; then restarted the vehicle. ***Again I would brush up on how to use FORScan before attempting this. Its not hard, just precise - so take your time.
  19. When I restarted the car, I noticed my stereo was now on AM. Also, all my settings for bass, mid and treble were set flat again. I believe this is part of the restart process.
  20. I tested the sytems now, and the sub was completely functional. I played it for about 15 minutes, changing different sound settings. The bass was overwhelming so I had to turn that down.
Thats it! Ive tested it a few times now; turning the vehicle on and off, turning it up to the volume up to 25, and it works great! Actually its too loud now. Im leaving the Ford Fusion amp in and returned the other Bronco amp to the person that let me borrow it.

Lessoned Learned:
  • Understand what FORScan does and how it works. I did not have any issues, but I can see how you can really cause issues rushing and not following steps. Don't just make changes and hope for the best. its precise.
  • I would recommend the six inch kicker sub for the stock non-B&O enclosure as I expect you wont have to modify the sub existing enclosure much, its cheaper, and I alot of air movement from the 8" sub I installed in the stock enclosure (I didnt close the port). Finally (and this is a personal preference), The 8" inch sub is too much bass for me. I had to turn the bass way down.
  • I still would upgrade the dash speakers to the Hertz 100.3. The kick panel and the rears, maybe. Currently, this project turned out better than expected.
Please see the pics below for my settings after the change.

IMG_6764.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great info and appreciate the effort recording this to forum.

So you used the non-functional housing and retrofitted the amp and sub to it? That’s what it sounds like.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok. So I have succeeded using a Ford amp, an aftermarket sub, and FORScan. Please refer to my prior posts in this thread for additional detail. This post is specifically for those with a 2023 Bronco non-B&O sound system with a nonfunctional amp and sub.

My Bronco is a 4 door 2023 Badlands with a mid package and a non-functional amp and sub. As most have noted, the six-speaker sound system is horrible. My goal was to do the minimal amount possible and keep the factory look and feel. I didn't want to run extra wires, splice wires, etc., only using what was there and adding minimal effort to get a functioning amp and sub in the back to improve sound quality. I was not going after having the loudest or best-sounding system out there.

Tools Used:
  • Plastic Trim Removal Tool Set
  • Philips screwdriver (remove the nonfunctional amp from the stock sub enclosure
  • Torx t20 (remove the sub from the enclosure)
  • Router, and template to modify the sub enclosure (depending on speaker chosen, this may not be required)
Purchased Products:
  • Dynamat Xtreme - Sound Dampening
  • Dymamat Dynaliner - More sound dampening for the ambient noise with the cabinet
  • A functioning non-B&O Ford Bronco sub amp from some upgrading on this forum (which at this point is very limited), or purchase this Ford Fusion amp -https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/. Both will work equally as well from my testing.
  • Sub: Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8; but if I were to redo this I would choose the Kicker 48CWRT672 - I'll explain further below; I know there are other subs other there that will work too; just watch the minimum watch, ohms (2ohm x 2ohm), and dual voice coil.
Software and OBD:

Steps taken to get the Sub Installed and working:
  1. Removed all back panels (floor, driver side, passenger side - where the sub is).
  2. Sound Dampening - Installed Dynamat and Dynaliner in key areas to remove rattles, vibrations and such. I didnt wall paper it all over the back, but added just enough to help.
  3. Removed the sub enclosure; Disconnecting the stock wiring harness from the non funcational amp and sub.
  4. Removed the non functional amp and sub from the Bronco
  5. Retrofit the sub enclosure cut-over diameter to fit the the 8" sub purchased (This is why I recommend the six inch Kicker, I do not believe any modification will be needed - so no cutting).
  6. Installed installation tape on the sub enclousre to seal the 8" sub
  7. Modified the stock sub speaker harness (not the stock amp harness); removing the sub terminal connecters. Then connected the sub to the modified sub harness.
  8. Mounted the sub back into the enclosure ensuring it was sealed and wires were connected
  9. Installed a functional Ford amp on the enclosure - no modding necessary
  10. Reinstalled the sub enclosure in the cabin; connecting the existing / stock wiring harness.
  11. Reinstalled all the panels.
  12. **** Tested to ensure the Bronco was still happy **** Turned the car on ensured the sound system worked and no issues.
  13. Took out the windows 11 laptop with FORScan installed and plugged in the OBX adapter. (keep in mind I had already requested a temporary license key for FORScan).
  14. Connected the the OBX adapter to the Bronco, already having FORScan up and running on the latptop.
  15. **** Connected to the Bronco and made a backup of the vehicle setting with FORScan *****
  16. Loaded the ACM Module to modify 727-01-01:
  17. Modified my as built from "382B 14F1 0098" changing only one character "4" to a "6"; I paused for a moment and noticed one other character changed as well automatically. I suspect this was the result of a checksum performed. The end result was my 727-01-01 line: "382B 16F1 009A"; Realize I only made the one character change "4 to 6" (14F1), but the "8" (0098)was changed automatically to "A".
  18. I wrote the change via FORScan to the vehicle; then restarted the vehicle. ***Again I would brush up on how to use FORScan before attempting this. Its not hard, just precise - so take your time.
  19. When I restarted the car, I noticed my stereo was now on AM. Also, all my settings for bass, mid and treble were set flat again. I believe this is part of the restart process.
  20. I tested the sytems now, and the sub was completely functional. I played it for about 15 minutes, changing different sound settings. The bass was overwhelming so I had to turn that down.
Thats it! Ive tested it a few times now; turning the vehicle on and off, turning it up to the volume up to 25, and it works great! Actually its too loud now. Im leaving the Ford Fusion amp in and returned the other Bronco amp to the person that let me borrow it.

Lessoned Learned:
  • Understand what FORScan does and how it works. I did not have any issues, but I can see how you can really cause issues rushing and not following steps. Don't just make changes and hope for the best. its precise.
  • I would recommend the six inch kicker sub for the stock non-B&O enclosure as I expect you wont have to modify the sub existing enclosure much, its cheaper, and I alot of air movement from the 8" sub I installed in the stock enclosure (I didnt close the port). Finally (and this is a personal preference), The 8" inch sub is too much bass for me. I had to turn the bass way down.
  • I still would upgrade the dash speakers to the Hertz 100.3. The kick panel and the rears, maybe. Currently, this project turned out better than expected.
Please see the pics below for my settings after the change.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6762

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6762

The hero we all deserve. Thanks for this. I’ll be doing the same but will see if I can locate a stock amp and sub.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The hero we all deserve. Thanks for this. I’ll be doing the same but will see if I can locate a stock amp and sub.
Do we have part numbers on the stock non-B&O sub and amp?

Sponsored

JimV

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great info and appreciate the effort recording this to forum.

So you used the non-functional housing and retrofitted the amp and sub to it? That’s what it sounds like.
Yep; thats pretty much it. Many folks on the forum have modifed the B&O system or put a sub in the back, under a seat, etc to get some low end and been happy. This was really about using a stock or semi stock (In the case Fusion amp) of the Ford amp and getting it to work with a small or no modification to the existing sub enclosure. Hope it helps :)

JimV

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can use this Ford Fusion amp -

https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/

The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-XA for the non-functional Bronco amp
The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-AB for the Ford Fusion amp
Unfortunately, I didn't record the part number from the functioning Ford bronco amp; but I suspect it's very similar

I already got rid of the non-functional sub.

I think Ford buys this entire setup from the manufacturer (sub, amp, enclosure). That part number is N2DT-18C804-XA.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a very nice forum member send me their stock sub and amp as well. I’m going to follow all of this and try to enable the oem system after my bronco arrives with the subwoofer delete. I sincerely hope there is some way to get the system to work without lots of anguish or cost.
Would you mind taking a pic of the part numbers for the factory sub and amp?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can use this Ford Fusion amp -

https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...nd-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/;

The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-XA for the non-functional Bronco amp
The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-AB for the Ford Fusion amp
Unfortunately, I didn't record the part number from the functioning Ford bronco amp; but I suspect it's very similar

I already got rid of the non-functional sub.

I think Ford buys this entire setup from the manufacturer (sub, amp, enclosure). That part number is N2DT-18C804-XA.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.
Hi, slight typo in the url causes a 404; if you edit to drop the trailing ";" it works fine.