35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The cheapest and easiest theft prevention measure, don't leave anything in your vehicle that you are not willing to lose. If they want in, they are getting in. Alarms do not do anything to deter theft. Lock boxes/vaults will stop most smash and grab thieves, but they are far from theft proof. The Ford F-series of trucks are some of the easiest vehicles to break into. A flat blade screw driver is all it takes.

Everyone has said this... I had absolutely NOTHING out in the open. Nothing. One ORV sticker that I hadn't put on yet and an umbrella on the floor in the back under a seat.

I'm absolutely certain it was broken into because it's a nice new vehicle that seemed easy... I don't know if anyone else got broken into. I found a few spots where you could see they tried to get behind the windows in the front by pushing in on the rubber gasket around the edges and the roof has some scratches but nothing you notice unless you look.

It's like the did it because they could and wondered what they'd find. I had everything tucked away, and some of it I can't travel without (I always keep emergency cash, not much, but I've left state and had the card company block my card so I was stuck for a long while.)

There are a dozen companies selling you every type of security imaginable. It's boiled down to a console lock, proximity alarm from Ford and down the road the tuffy locking bed area. I'd much rather spend this money on frankly anything else, but here we are.

Some people are just awful.
Sponsored

jimcalverley

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford vehicles are known to have a flat head screw driver stuffed into door handle key hole and a little twist pressure to get inside. Had that happen on a Raptor pickup but they only took a loaded 15 rd mag.
There’s a kit one can buy to eliminate the key lock completely and I was already planning to find one for the bronco. I installed one of those on Raptor so if anyone tried again I’m sure they were confused why it was blank.
Downside is if battery is completely dead you would have to break into your own vehicle just to pop open hood.
Or, you could run a set of battery jump points to a secret location. That way you could still connect power from outside the vehicle without needing to break in or even open the hood. :sneaky:(y)

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or, you could run a set of battery jump points to a secret location. That way you could still connect power from outside the vehicle without needing to break in or even open the hood. :sneaky:(y)

I'm in Texas. If anyone saw them and it looked shady they'd have 7 holes in them before they got the door open all the way. Best I can guess is that the Bronco must have some easy-to-access quick way to get in or someone would have stopped them. It's a very busy part of town and that garage is EXTREMELY busy.

jimcalverley

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a dozen companies selling you every type of security imaginable. It's boiled down to a console lock, proximity alarm from Ford and down the road the tuffy locking bed area. I'd much rather spend this money on frankly anything else, but here we are.

Some people are just awful.
Just remember that with the Tuffy locking bed area, I am pretty sure that once the vehicle is unlocked, then all you need to do to access that area is to open the back gate. So if any other part of the vehicle was comprimised, that would easy access for scumbags. Not 100% sure on this but I think that is how they work. If that is the case, perhaps consider a lockbox instead...

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just remember that with the Tuffy locking bed area, I am pretty sure that once the vehicle is unlocked, then all you need to do to access that area is to open the back gate. So if any other part of the vehicle was comprimised, that would easy access for scumbags. Not 100% sure on this but I think that is how they work. If that is the case, perhaps consider a lockbox instead...

I'm glad you thought of that because I didn't... one click of the unlock button and you're in. Thank you!

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad you thought of that because I didn't... one click of the unlock button and you're in. Thank you!
I am not sure you saw this option. It is sort of pricey, but it is hidden and not very easy to find unless you know there is a storage area under the rear floor. Under floor safe

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry about that. I installed the Ford Perimeter alarm as soon as my Bronco was delivered. I think it was like almost $300

The Ford pass alerts you when the alarm gets tripped.
Peri
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didn’t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now I’m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but that’s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam that’s always on inside and out so it can record.

I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this and it’s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isn’t worth the money and stress. I’m really having a bad time with this.
That's just horrible, people .. :(

Ford Perimeter seems to be standard on 2022+ models. In the Ford Pass app, i set my alarm to notify me when any door or gate is opened. I set this when I stay at hotels or am away from my vehicle. Then make sure my phone is not on do-not-disburb mode.

However sometimes the Ford Pass app can be a little delayed

It's also a good thing to turn on when your car is at the dealership... then you have an idea when it's actually being worked on as the tech typically opens door to get it from the lot and then again to park it when it's ready for pickup.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Perimeter seems to be standard on 2022+ models. In the Ford Pass app, i set my alarm to notify me when any door or gate is opened. I set this when I stay at hotels or am away from my vehicle. Then make sure my phone is not on do-not-disburb mode.

It's also a good thing to turn on when your car is at the dealership... then you have an idea when it's actually being worked on as the tech typically opens door to get it from the lot and then again to park it when it's ready for pickup.
[/QUOTE]

I have a 23 built dec. 21st and it doesn't have it on the app but it shows on the sticker. I planned on calling my dealership and seeing if they can "fix" it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the reason I always maintain possession of an “ urban assault” vehicle. My 09 Mercury Milan has been a terrific vehicle, but due to the mileage and value, it is now the vehicle used when trips to areas of concern are made. I realize this isn’t an option for most but having a vehicle to use in those situations has its advantages.
This. My old beater CJ-5 I got for $1400 was the ultimate urban vehicle, I could shoehorn that short wheelbase rig into any spot, in the worst areas of Chicagoland. No one wanted the vehicle, soft top didn't lock, and all it had was an old radio. Any scratches/dings would just add to the patina that was already there.

Sometimes I'd come back and find the door unlatched, or someone had been through the glovebox. Didn't matter - nothing to steal or ruin. Most liberating vehicle I've ever owned. Love driving beaters, other than some maintenance, they ask very little in terms of owning the owner.

Also it was a b*tch to drive for the uninitiated, manual steering with heavy clutch, no shift markings, and non-lockout reverse where 1st gear is these days. I doubt some punk could have operated it.

Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage MyCJ5

Last edited:

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I have a tailgate mounted lockbox. Yes it could be busted into but it makes it an added barrier. I hate thieves.

20221018_172558.jpg

20221018_173030.jpg

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 23 built dec. 21st and it doesn't have it on the app but it shows on the sticker. I planned on calling my dealership and seeing if they can "fix" it.
[/QUOTE]

• On my Ford Pass app
    • Vehicle Tab
      • Safety & Security
        • Security Alert <------ this is where i set it to alert me when doors open

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I have a tailgate mounted lockbox. Yes it could be busted into but it makes it an added barrier. I hate thieves.

Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage 20221018_173030

Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage 20221018_173030
Looks good, but a pocket knife along that top edge and anyone with some force could spin that lock open, as the whole lock assembly would just spin until it unlatched.

A quick spot weld from the inside would solve that though.

Yet a lightweight, handheld crowbar would just bent that metal and pop that case.

If a thief wants in, they will get in. Love the box though, first i've seen of it. Does it also double as a table? May I ask where you got it ?

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the husky center console safe for stuff that I don't want stolen (I know that given some time and a crowbar or cordless diamond saw, someone can just break the side of the center console. Given I have the doors off the rest of the time, I figure whatever I leave out of the box is fair game, unfortunately. Surprisingly, no one has gotten in it yet (March 2022 delivery) but it's just a matter of time. FWIW, my brother had a TJ in college (he still has it) and in a parking garage on campus, someone sliced his windows for about $2 of change that was exposed. So, people will steal absolutely anything even if it means causing the owner $500 of damage.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I slept on it and woke up more frustrated. Anyone running a center console safe and/or a rear locking setup? I'm looking at the two offerings from Tuffy -

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...021-22-ford-bronco-4-door-black/?sku=755-CUST

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/ford-center-console-security-safe-2021-22-bronco/?sku=385-01
I'm running a console vault. For the money, it will slow someone down, but it won't keep them out. I had a house broken into about 20 years ago. Kicked in a front window in broad daylight. Eventually got caught. Police did the fingerprint thing and eventually caught the perp. Cops no longer have the time or resources to deal with property crimes. Sorry, it happened to you. The frameless windows on several vehicles make them extremely easy to access. Honestly, there is no stopping a determined thief, locks are for honest people.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I slept on it and woke up more frustrated. Anyone running a center console safe and/or a rear locking setup? I'm looking at the two offerings from Tuffy -

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...021-22-ford-bronco-4-door-black/?sku=755-CUST

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/ford-center-console-security-safe-2021-22-bronco/?sku=385-01

I am running the Tuffy rear area compartment with the fixed lid. I have to say, its a PITA to put in, and a PITA when I want to take the full top on and off..... But that said... the thing is SOLID. no one is getting in anytime soon without a grinder or a A LOT of noise. I have the top off the Bronco 6 months of the year and I wouldn't do without it. That said, if you routinely haul tall items, or unplanned hauling of tall items, its not for you...or long items for that point. It is a legit 25-30 minutes to take the top off and the front off to open the cargo area back up and that is leaving the sides in.
Sponsored