Sponsored

Ford delivers another customer run…Ford loves DEALER ADMs!

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my Bronco, and am sure a Raptor is more better, but there is no dang way I'm paying upwards of $100K for a Ford.
exactly... would rather spend that on land in Montana
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can get an accord for $27,000. Higher trimmed accords are over $50,000.

the average car in 2022 cost $48,000.
The highest trim Accord is under $40,000. I've had four Accords since 1992 and drove them between 140,000 and 280,000 miles. Current ones are very nice cars that will last 200k miles with routine maintenance and retain value far better than most Audi, BMW, or Mercedes sedans.

Prices are really crazy now.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco is a $40k truck. It’s worth $40k. There are design flaws, cheap plastics, etc, that are appropriate in that price range.

I paid $55k for my Lux/Leather Wildtrak. Honestly, for $55k I feel like I could have done better considering what i got.

With a raptor clocking in at $100k, that’s just ludicrous. Same cheaply made Bronco with a slightly bigger V6, 37s and some lipstick on the interior? Honestly it should be about $65k. To each their own, but to me this is just throwing $10s of thousands of dollars in the trash.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The highest trim Accord is under $40,000. I've had four Accords since 1992 and drove them between 140,000 and 280,000 miles. Current ones are very nice cars that will last 200k miles with routine maintenance and retain value far better than most Audi, BMW, or Mercedes sedans.

Prices are really crazy now.
https://www.motor1.com/news/632704/most-expensive-2023-honda-accord/amp/

this link reports the most expensive Accord is $46,000. I went with a friend to pick theirs up because I was trying to sell my SS Camaro and thought it would be easiest to sell to a dealership.

they had a fully optioned Accord on their showroom for over $50,000…window sticker.

no I don’t have a photo. But car prices are crazy high. The average car price about 20-25 years ago was under $20,000. So cars have more than doubled!

Materials, technology, wages, taxes, transportation costs, etc.

I don’t think cars are ever going to be cheaper either.

I believe some folks are misusing the word worth as actual value v. their personal value.

I can relate. My previous car was a Honda fit. First car I ever bought new from a dealership in 2011. I got in the car after signing the paperwork and there were no floor mats. I asked the salesman where they were, he said floor mats were an extra $200. I didn’t buy the floor mats. Doesn’t mean they weren’t $200 but they weren’t to me.

a Bronco raptor may not be worth $80,000…fully optioned over $90,000 (to you). Are orange seatbelts worth $400? Probably not. 3 point seatbelts are about $50/belt. 5 only costs $250 + tax, maybe shipping. How long is it going to take you to replace your black seatbelts with orange ones? $100 worth your time?

a BDS suspension 3” lift is around $5,500 (my neighbor just ordered one for his bronco that is being built)….that doesn’t include installation. When I called 2 years ago about this product, which as increased 20%, it was about a days worth of labor…estimated around $800-$1,000.

let’s just say $6,500 with taxes for a BDS suspension 3” lift.

new 37” tires are $500 with tax and installation. 5 of those are going to cost you $2,500.

Let’s say you get your tune completed and is $750.

you are just shy of $10,000 and have a new suspension, 100 hp, and 37s.

If you have a 4 door bronco, and want wider fenders with a seamless look (since everyone hates on the fenders of the Raptor)…ADV can get you 4 fenders for $2,500.

you will need to budget paint and getting those installed too…let’s say a good paint job and mind you this is going to end touching most of the Bronco, a good but not expensive paint job…$5,000.

so another $7,500 for fenders and paint.

we are already over $17,500 and the Bronco raptor is beyond these 5 items.

you also jeopardize the factory warranty and there is more to what separates a Bronco from a Bronco Raptor all the way down to the tailgate support.

so yes, converting a bronco into a bronco that can outperform a Raptor is doable. And if you know how to do the work and have the tools, you can build it for cheaper. But if you can’t do the work yourself, it might be sticker shock the see how much it costs when you consider cv axles, calibration, and so much more.

You can do whatever you want with your money and justify it values by your own scale but you can’t go from a base Bronco, slap 37s and a lift on it with a tune and claim to have an equal car, or because of this example, claim the Raptor is overpriced.

Last edited:

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think most custom off road shops (and people who know what they are doing) would beg to differ that taking a Badlands and adding $20-$25k would put it over a Raptor in terms of spec. I think you are under estimating what that amount of money gets you and how good those after market parts will be (they will be better than anything coming from factory). Now regarding warranty, yes im with yah, that gets tossed out the window but anyone doing custom work to that extent, is not holding their breath on warranty. They are not even thinking about warranty at all, they will end up doing their own work.

Think about it. You can go full King suspension and swap in a V8 supercharged for under that amount of money. Think about all the SEMA builds. Non of them are Braptors. There is a certain person that gets the Braptor. It is the person that wants to buy top of the line factory and not change anything. Which is completely perfectly fine. And for the most part...that is me. I like to stick with factory as much as possible. But it is by no means the top of what custom shops can do.

Now with that being said, if I had the money...and I had to pick between expensive custom build or Braptor, I would go Braptor too :) because I like sticking to factory as much as possible.

Agree - That's build a garage and buy all the tools and do it yourself kind of money.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love my Bronco Raptor. Glad I could get it at original MSRP Very capable off road machine, but at 76K, MGV seats look and feel great but the plastic feels like it should be in a 30K car.

Today MSRP on my exact build is 17,300 more than mine was. Crazy price increase, most of this has to be profit for Ford.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate all of you non-Raptor owners/automotive valuation experts helping us out here in the Raptor forums.

One of you mentioned the M3, I owned one for several years. I traded my spec order M2 in for my Raptor. Both BMWs were a lot of fun to drive, but guess what, so is my Raptor. And the Raptor offers a lot more flexibility than either M car.

Keep up all of your good work, fellas :love:
Nice gatekeeping LOL

Anyways-value is what someone makes it...what one person thinks is a crazy price, another person won't think twice about. A "good" bottle of wine to some people might be $20 bucks, to other people it might be $200...it all depends on their income.

The good thing is that Ford offers lots of options for the Bronco at different price points.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Today MSRP on my exact build is 17,300 more than mine was. Crazy price increase, most of this has to be profit for Ford.
Material costs have been going up and if the market will bear it, they will charge it.

My loaded Big Bend was $48K when I got it last year and the same model this year is $4K more or an 8.3% increase. The Raptor had a 23% increase.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Material costs have been going up and if the market will bear it, they will charge it.

My loaded Big Bend was $48K when I got it last year and the same model this year is $4K more or an 8.3% increase. The Raptor had a 23% increase.
You sort of proved my point. 10% or less increase on other models, 23% on Raptor. Materials would have gone up close to the same. So close to 13% more Profit for Ford Motor Company on the Raptor than there was 9 months ago.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't read past the first page, but the biggest party foul for the new Braptor pricing in the 90s is that the Ranger Raptor starts in the high 50s. Why is the Braptor 30k extra over the RR? Sway bar disconnect, removable roof. Is that 30k worthy? Seems like they are just matching Wrangler 392 pricing and seeing if they can get away with it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The sticker is made at what the current MSRP is but your dealer should honor the MSRP that was valid when you ordered it… mine did. Many do.
I’ve received different information. …I don’t think Bronco raptors qualify for price protection. I’d love to be wrong.

Did you or anyone get price protection on bronco raptor ??

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
are you sure you are paying ADM? MSRP has gone up $17,520 since 2022.

depending when you were scheduled, you are price protected from the 2023 price increases.

btw, I took delivery on May 3rd and received PP from all 2023 increases.

I finally got an order placed and accepted for a 2023 Bronco Raptor ….the deal was msrp …I bought a couple fords over the past 36 months and this was the deal I managed to get …MSRP at time of order $82,275

last week my bronco raptor is scheduled for production and window sticker reveals MSRP…
$95,525….$13,250 increase ….Thank you Ford for guaranteeing everyone pays ADM….so the next time A Ford Executive says they are trying to eliminate dealer ADMs…they are ….they only want to eliminate ADMs that the dealers can collect.
cheers

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you may be right. BUT I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Warthog is a better vehicle.

BTW .. I also own a Wildtrak and I use to love it. And now I have a Braptor and when you drive them back to back, the braptor feels like it is made by a different company.

If you have a chance, drive a Braptor and decide for yourself.

Raptor isn’t worth that 13k price increase over a Badlands.
Sponsored