First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From Livernois or when it comes to ford? You remove the touchscreen and Ford will never know you have this tune. Call Livernois, they can explain it to you in more detail as to why but that’s the reason why you have to take it to them for this currently.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because $2100 for a tune is a joke.
Not now, especially when the custom tunes become available. Not sure when the last time you looked at what a custom tune cost? Also you spent a bare minimum of 75k on your Braptor, others over 100k, $2100 is nothing.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not now, especially when the custom tunes become available. Not sure when the last time you looked at what a custom tune cost? Also you spent a bare minimum of 75k on your Braptor, others over 100k, $2100 is nothing.
A custom tune for an Explorer ST is $600-$700. Same engine and transmission. I've been tuning cars/trucks for 15 years so I'm well aware of what a tune should cost. If their cost does factor in starting with a blank PCM as stated by @vrtical then they should state that on their site so people are aware of what their money is being spent on. Just because I spent 82k on a raptor doesn't mean I'm going to be careless with $2100 as if it's "nothing".

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Incorrect. The Procal devices for base program allow Auto Stop/Start setting to be saved.
Indeed it appears that it has this functionality. EPA testing rules very specifically require that when a vehicle defaults to a certain mode, that fuel efficiency testing and results are using that mode. I think Ford is walking a very grey area offering this.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo was officially opened (July 2023) the Bronco on display out front had an odd license plate.

“455 X77”

I have a strong suspicion this was Ford Performance teasing the upcoming ProCal for Warthog.

455 Horsepower
X77 = 477 Torque

Stock power for Warthog is:
418 Horsepower, 440 Torque

So if true, it would mean a HP bump of 37 HP and 37 LB-FT of torque (Seems like realistic power bumps). Plus, these numbers Are eerily similar to the gains found in the Explorer ST Procal.

Now here’s the kicker, after this was pointed out, the license plate was removed.
I noticed this when I attended the Raptor Off-Roadeo on Labor Day ‘23.

Coincidence? We will soon find out!

IMG_2121.jpeg
That was completely debunked when you posted it the first time here...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Indeed it appears that it has this functionality. EPA testing rule very specifically require that when a vehicle defaults to a certain mode, that fuel efficiency testing and results are using that mode. I think Ford is walking a very grey area offering this.
FYI Autostop does not affect / change emission outputs nor regulations so that is why it can be done. Its all spelled out in the CAA.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A custom tune for an Explorer ST is $600-$700. Same engine and transmission. I've been tuning cars/trucks for 15 years so I'm well aware of what a tune should cost. If their cost does factor in starting with a blank PCM as stated by @vrtical then they should state that on their site so people are aware of what their money is being spent on. Just because I spent 82k on a raptor doesn't mean I'm going to be careless with $2100 as if it's "nothing".
Livernois is the only company to offer anything of any real gain tune wise and the blank PCM is why you have to take it to them currently for the install. $2100 isn’t “nothing” but when you drop many thousands into aftermarket parts that warrant a custom tune, 2100 isn’t a crazy ask.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI Autostop does not affect / change emission outputs nor regulations so that is why it can be done. Its all spelled out in the CAA.
Huh, of course if does. More emissions and less mpg with ASS turned off. Why has everyone implemented ASS, for fun?

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Livernois is the only company to offer anything of any real gain tune wise...
Not true. The Whipple offering is great, engine and trans improvements and sub $1k.

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Report: Ford Performance Tune for Bronco Raptor Arriving Q1 2024 mo-powa-babeh-james-pumphrey

mmm donut...

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That was completely debunked when you posted it the first time here...
+1
I also confirmed this when I attended the off-roadeo. All the Braptors had closely similar numbered plates.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Warthog Program certainly wants to out-perform the competition.

392 Makes 470 HP, 470 Torque
Warthog? Possibly around 455 HP, 477 Torque.

So the power figures may be MUCH closer.
Plus, Warthog weighs less than 392, down 367 lbs.

Ford Bronco Report: Ford Performance Tune for Bronco Raptor Arriving Q1 2024 mo-powa-babeh-james-pumphrey

Chasing the 392 to not exceed both HP and torque seems pointless.

I’m not saying it has a meaningful difference either way, but if that’s the goal then give buyers the psychological win of “mine is 475hp and 477tq and better than a 392”.

We can ignore the 392 is factory, non-tuned and naturally aspirated. So if it really wanted to “compete” with a Raptor tune in retaliation there is a lot of growth for them to do so.

I love performance and think this is a good thing but don’t agree playing “my d*ck is bigger than yours” against King Kong.
Sponsored