Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has quietly made the availability of the HLIP on MY'24 Badlands.
Curious what the difference is between previous years. :unsure:
Sponsored

DOUBLED16

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is disappointing. The IP is definitely one of my least favorite parts of owning a Bronco considering what the Raptor got. It really should have been the same across the board except for some Raptor specific stuff, like what Chrysler does with SRT. Even my wife's Escape has a similar cluster to the Raptor and every time I get in it, I feel like it's so much better. Panda Motorworks can retrofit the Raptor cluster but it costs $2335 and you get $250 back if you give them your cluster in exchange.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang Factory Five Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well at least it has that ugly snorkel for the rice fields!!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Chinese made Bronco has the Raptor Gauge Cluster Standard.

Any chance we can retrofit into our Broncos with the graphics in English?

@Ducati1098 @flip do you guys see Chinese specific parts in your systems? Just curious

i was on board at drone ...lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious what the difference is between previous years. :unsure:
I plan on making a separate post on the HLIP. It was meant to distinguish the higher trims. But as we all know, it was dropped. Everyone got the hard plastic IP just in a different color. Some will say, the hard plastic is preferred for ease of cleaning.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting to see the changes to their models vs. North America. I don't see anything there that makes me upset about my build though. The dash cluster is nice, but definitely nothing I'd be losing sleep over.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

>Compatible drone? Do you mean a third-party drone can be controlled by a DJI remote controller or app? Not sure that is possible.

I think his point is you may be able to control the drone directly via the Bronco screen, just like Carplay.
- is it specifically a DJI drone, sorry, I'm not that familiar with them, but I'm sure I could just pick up a DJI if that were the case haha - but if it's just controlling the drone through the screen as if it were a smart phone, I guess that's not that exciting, unless they've got some kind of special tracking features, or it can tell the drone to do specific flight patterns or something like that while doing off-road maneuvers.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its not cheaper. You can't compare the cost in USA dollars to the Chinese economy where the average earnings are a fraction of the USA.
I am pretty sure tax is higher in china too. I pay 3% sales tax for cars.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why? Just one example, Tesla M3 made in China has better QA than US-made one. The competition in the Chinese market is brutal, you need to have better QA :)
China doesn’t have people blindly buying EV to “save the planet” nonsense.

Sponsored

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What an insult by Ford. Proof that they think their American customers are a bunch of rubes. The excessive nanny state vehicle regulations by our tyrannical government no doubt play a large role in this, which is ironic to say when we’re comparing to the PRC.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more curious about this drone flight control system that's integrated.
FORD, AMERICAN COMPANY, giving other countries costumers access to cool new tech, that we don't even have a mention of eventually releasing!!
What's this about the chip for self driving and what not also being included standard? That's some annoying crap, in my opinion.
Good for those customers, but boy do I feel a little annoyed as someone in the tech industry.
We’ve got several laws here preventing some of the cool stuff the Chinese version gets.

Like drone control; we can’t even fly drones in most places including federal land and parks. I know people do this all the time (who’ll see you? :) ), but that is likely a blocker.

Then autonomous driving tech has to be much more robust here, at least now with a number of failures on the West coast.

Now, that gauge cluster is getting under my skin for sure! The Raptor cluster is far better and doubt we could even update the layout through software, so we’re stuck, but bet the mid cycle refresh changes it.

Guess I shouldn’t complain much as none of these cool to haves affect off-road capability, but still!

Didn’t even realize there was such an off-road market in China; most of the country is rural, but wasn’t sure how they played in it like in the Middle East or Australia and Africa. Cool I guess.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ve got several laws here preventing some of the cool stuff the Chinese version gets.

Like drone control; we can’t even fly drones in most places including federal land and parks. I know people do this all the time (who’ll see you? :) ), but that is likely a blocker.

Then autonomous driving tech has to be much more robust here, at least now with a number of failures on the West coast.

Now, that gauge cluster is getting under my skin for sure! The Raptor cluster is far better and doubt we could even update the layout through software, so we’re stuck, but bet the mid cycle refresh changes it.

Guess I shouldn’t complain much as none of these cool to haves affect off-road capability, but still!

Didn’t even realize there was such an off-road market in China; most of the country is rural, but wasn’t sure how they played in it like in the Middle East or Australia and Africa. Cool I guess.
I'm definitely wanting to pick up the cluster at some point.
Maybe when I start feeling like I need to trade my 21 in, I'll just drop $2.5k on the cluster so it feels like new. 🤣

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm definitely wanting to pick up the cluster at some point.
Maybe when I start feeling like I need to trade my 21 in, I'll just drop $2.5k on the cluster so it feels like new. 🤣
If it’ll bolt in, I’ll join you for that weekend project! :)

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’ll bolt in, I’ll join you for that weekend project! :)
That's what they say, it should just be plug and play. PandaMotorworks will ask for your VIN when you order, and they'll try to match it up to your config data before shipping it.
Sponsored