Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is that a diesel excursion i see?
Nope, 2002 V10 Limited 4x4. Iā€™m not a diesel guy, LOVE my V10. Itā€™s my 3rd one since buying by first at 19.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't take this the wrong way because I really do mean it in a big brother, sincere loving way:
But, you're an idiot.
-
Sincerely, icavedin
Again, please know that I'm saying this in a lookin out for you type of ting kinda way -- don't fkn do it mate.
Well it needs a fair amount of work. I put a lift, bumpers and 315s on it, but it needs a valve job, and may need a head gasket. And paint. And leather. And AC. And a radio. Itā€™s only really used for wheeling. Iā€™m just sick of my fun vehicle always needing some sort of work. Tired of working on shit. Buying a Bronco and not looking back. I used to use the Excursion to tow my LC to the trails, so in case something on the LC broke, or blew up, I wasnā€™t stuck. Now Iā€™ll just drive my Bronco to and from!

Actually, and this is coming from someone who has made a living off Land Cruisers because I love them so much, between the two, the Excursion is the one that will be the hardest to give up. Itā€™s been not just the best vehicle Ive ever purchased, but the best purchase Iā€™ve ever purchased. Unbelievably reliable and durable. Still on factory injectors. Have only replaced 4 glow plugs and a power steering hose. Thatā€™s it, in almost a quarter million miles. Iā€™ve towed from Texas to Florida to DC. Original transmission, never had issues. Am about to tow another LC to a customer today. Everything works except a couple of door lock actuators. I get people asking to buy it weekly. I sincerely believe the 7.3L Excursion is the strongest and most reliable SUV ever built. The Excursion is the King of SUVs and the 7.3L Ex is the King of Kings.

Itā€™s all kind of ironic actually because the Excursion itself is one sort of evolution of the Bronco. The Full size Bronco got turned into the 4 door version by Centurion the coach builder, then Ford did it themselves with the Excursion, but took away the removable roof when they did it.

Ive actually been trying to find a way to justify keeping the Excursion. Maybe I will price it so high nobody will pay!

Sorry, deep thoughts by Stu

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Giving up about $40k for a Basemansquatch as well as freedom from a car payment which I havenā€™t had in years. My wife wants me to sell my 2011 STi Just based on driveway congestion but itā€™s a keeper with too much $$ into to sell. Need to have the option to go fast sometimes too.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my sanity...

?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it needs a fair amount of work. I put a lift, bumpers and 315s on it, but it needs a valve job, and may need a head gasket. And paint. And leather. And AC. And a radio. Itā€™s only really used for wheeling. Iā€™m just sick of my fun vehicle always needing some sort of work. Tired of working on shit. Buying a Bronco and not looking back. I used to use the Excursion to tow my LC to the trails, so in case something on the LC broke, or blew up, I wasnā€™t stuck. Now Iā€™ll just drive my Bronco to and from!

Actually, and this is coming from someone who has made a living off Land Cruisers because I love them so much, between the two, the Excursion is the one that will be the hardest to give up. Itā€™s been not just the best vehicle Ive ever purchased, but the best purchase Iā€™ve ever purchased. Unbelievably reliable and durable. Still on factory injectors. Have only replaced 4 glow plugs and a power steering hose. Thatā€™s it, in almost a quarter million miles. Iā€™ve towed from Texas to Florida to DC. Original transmission, never had issues. Am about to tow another LC to a customer today. Everything works except a couple of door lock actuators. I get people asking to buy it weekly. I sincerely believe the 7.3L Excursion is the strongest and most reliable SUV ever built. The Excursion is the King of SUVs and the 7.3L Ex is the King of Kings.

Itā€™s all kind of ironic actually because the Excursion itself is one sort of evolution of the Bronco. The Full size Bronco got turned into the 4 door version by Centurion the coach builder, then Ford did it themselves with the Excursion, but took away the removable roof when they did it.

Ive actually been trying to find a way to justify keeping the Excursion. Maybe I will price it so high nobody will pay!

Sorry, deep thoughts by Stu
whatever you do don't sell your excursion. one of my friends has a 2000 Ford F350 7.3 diesel and it's awesome. thing just keeps on goin

zw470

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not giving up anything yet. I may get rid of my current wheeler but I haven't fully decided.

Ford Bronco What are you giving up to get a Bronco ? explorer

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid off my Ford two years early and gave it to my daughter. For the first time since I was a kid I am carless.

Sponsored

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i'll be trading in my 2017 Chevy Silverado and pairing down my oft excessive Craft Beer hauls

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am giving up my Audi Q5, miles will put me out of warranty by the beginning of next year so it is going no matter what I do. Depending on what happens next year there is a scenario that the Tacoma may go as well, trying to avoid that.

Russtang

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco What are you giving up to get a Bronco ? toyota-highlander-2013-5tddk3eh3ds196322-img1

Possibly...

Ford Bronco What are you giving up to get a Bronco ? 2003_mustang_cobra_12

Hell no!

Probably nothing (except for money).

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably my Mustang GT. I love it but it guzzles too much gas and the 2.3L is powerful enough and way more efficient.

Oh and probably $30k on top of the trade-in value.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm giving up