Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure why you couldn’t just move the camera up?

6AD01814-614D-40A6-83D7-F8BCBE88CF72.jpeg
Re mount the camera to the bumper bar out front. A couple Bronco bolts and a new bracket.
Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the Winch option that Ford offers also adversely effect the Adaptive Cruise Control feature? There needs to be something somewhere that senses the vehicles in front of you for the ACC to work I would think. Where is that sensor located?
Maybe someone could get an answer from Mike Levine and/or Ford to this question.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Winch option that Ford offers also adversely effect the Adaptive Cruise Control feature? There needs to be something somewhere that senses the vehicles in front of you for the ACC to work I would think. Where is that sensor located?
Maybe someone could get an answer from Mike Levine and/or Ford to this question.

the radar for the adaptive cruise is below the winch mount and unobscured.

the more interesting question is how what will be the workaround for the two ultrasonic parking sensor now behind the winch mount.

will ford just disable those? or will they be faulting all the time?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lie-vine strikes again huh,who could have predicted
What should mike have done? Not answered? Re-engineered it himself?

Absolutely ridiculous some of the expectations people have. I get that it sucks, but it’s not like a relocatable camera is something that just engineers itself. If you have a winch on your gladiator or JL it’s going to be the same setup.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Absolutely ridiculous some of the expectations people have. I get that it sucks, but it’s not like a relocatable camera is something that just engineers itself. If you have a winch on your gladiator or JL it’s going to be the same setup.
This thread is ridiculous. Thanks for chiming in

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Genuinely asking, I know the newer Jeep models have a front trail camera as well. Is the view blocked similarly to the Bronco too when having a winch setup?

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Genuinely asking, I know the newer Jeep models have a front trail camera as well. Is the view blocked similarly to the Bronco too when having a winch setup?
The JL front camera is mounted higher on the front grill...less obstruction by winch

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The JL front camera is mounted higher on the front grill...less obstruction by winch

Ah got it. Thank you!

Guess for those that don't go factory might need to lookout for aftermarket ones so it doesn't block the camera. Thanks again!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is mounted slightly higher (at the top of the grille vs the middle on Bronco) but it’s still going to have huge problems with the same winch style that the Bronco has. What Ford or the aftermarket needs is a winch that is inside the bumper, which I’m sure will be available shortly after launch.

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view 78E4D2A0-298B-4696-8A6D-788AD17DDF53
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view 3CE41132-4B88-4A09-8881-14E316E44225

What the Bronco with front camera needs:
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view A7131118-4EF1-4998-8B95-62E6CE79EFCA

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it a problem for me? No. I'm not paying for a camera as I see little value in it. Is it a problem though? Yes, definitely. You don't advertise the camera and ask customers to pay extra for it and then design it to not work with factory supplied accessories. Just more of the head scratching when trying to figure out what Ford is trying to do with the Bronco.

To me, the value of a winch far exceeds the value of a camera, but that's me. It should work for those who want both.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Listen guys...this is literally the dummest thing we have discussed. The solution is simple AF, and Jeep has got it all wrong too. When you wheel the hairy stuff you don't aim the middle of the truck on a line to get through...you AIM the tires. the solution is a L and R camera in line w/the L and R wheel! Use a split screen display to show the whole picture or allow the driver to switch between the L and R as he/she feels one side needs more attention. Think about it...having the camera mounted in the center is like having a rifle w/a bad scope...sure if you know your point of impact is gonna be 18" to the left, then you might be able to hit something...but it sure would be nice to have the crosshairs right on the target wouldn't it? GEEZ I gotta think of everything? These cameras have gotten so cheap these days and a rookie software programmer could probably make the necessary changes, what am I missing here?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it a problem for me? No. I'm not paying for a camera as I see little value in it. Is it a problem though? Yes, definitely. You don't advertise the camera and ask customers to pay extra for it and then design it to not work with factory supplied accessories. Just more of the head scratching when trying to figure out what Ford is trying to do with the Bronco.

To me, the value of a winch far exceeds the value of a camera, but that's me. It should work for those who want both.
I thought the winch was third party? I could be wrong

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Listen guys...this is literally the dummest thing we have discussed. The solution is simple AF, and Jeep has got it all wrong too. When you wheel the hairy stuff you don't aim the middle of the truck on a line to get through...you AIM the tires. the solution is a L and R camera in line w/the L and R wheel! Use a split screen display to show the whole picture or allow the driver to switch between the L and R as he/she feels one side needs more attention. Think about it...having the camera mounted in the center is like having a rifle w/a bad scope...sure if you know your point of impact is gonna be 18" to the left, then you might be able to hit something...but it sure would be nice to have the crosshairs right on the target wouldn't it? GEEZ I gotta think of everything? These cameras have gotten so cheap these days and a rookie software programmer could probably make the necessary changes, what am I missing here?
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view giphy (5)

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I, too, have started drinking early.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the winch was third party? I could be wrong

Factory supplied accessory does not imply Ford is actually making the accessories. The winch is obviously supplied by Warn. It is however being offered as a factory supplied accessory, not a dealer supplied accessory. It should work.
Sponsored