mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok..9 pages and only 20% of it actually has to do with the doors. Killing me here.

So 3 things that I noticed...

1) why do the door bags not include a little pocket for the hardware bolts? Easy peazy.

2) i swear original videos stated that the door removal was supposed to be a single rod? You open the door, unhook the electric, pull out a single long pin and done? Now I need a socket wrench?

3) where are all these bags and strap systems supposed to be stored? Do they fit under the back "Trunk" flap when not in use?
If you put the bolts in the door pocket they could poke the door if you lean it against something.
Message to first time door removers ..they are easily damaged!!!!
Sponsored

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s square because the door hold-open feature is incorporated into the hinges, you need that flat surface for it to work.

On the Jeep you either don’t have one at all (JK) or it’s one of those plunger bars that requires a trip to the dealer if you accidentally let it go inside the door when it’s off (JL).

My impression is that the square nut is stationary, so lining it up won’t be a big issue at all. You just have to remember to come into it at the most open angle, and then adjust it until it seats down onto it.

Way easier than spending the better part of 10 minutes lining up two equal length door pins on my JK’s full frame door.
I totally agree this is an improved design that will be appreciated once we have our hands on it.

With a couple of more minutes in the video explaining some of these design features I think everyone would be able to appreciate it more!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you put the bolts in the door pocket they could poke the door if you lean it against something.
Message to first time door removers ..they are easily damaged!!!!
True but they could have put a little pocket on the edge (where they actually go) and with that felt padding should be good. Just felt it was ironic about how they "really took the time to design and think this out"... and never thought.. "but what about these?"

Kind of like that moment when the 360 Camera folks said "why would you put a winch on?"

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spy the bottle opener. I know we have seen this before but I was really hoping it had moved as it progressed past initial testing.

Screenshot_20201219-092257__01.jpg

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True but they could have put a little pocket on the edge (where they actually go) and with that felt padding should be good. Just felt it was ironic about how they "really took the time to design and think this out"... and never thought.. "but what about these?"

Kind of like that moment when the 360 Camera folks said "why would you put a winch on?"
Just put them in a zip bag for storage and then just put them in the middle consoul or glove box for safe keeping no risk of damaging anything or loseing them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think putting them is going to be that hard by hand(the weight of them don't sound to heavy)i think the important things is remembeing to hold them at the same angle that you take them off at and when he putts them back on he looks at the point where the it locks on to the square nut that is the most important bit to get lined up so the door the locks in place ready for the bolts.
One thing is get zip bags for the bolts and labble them bottom/top bolt for storage and I think it save a lot o swearing when putting the doors back on if doing away from home.
Great idea! I watch the video several times more when I got home from work. I agree with what you said. Hardest part lining up that bolt and hoping I can do it fast enough before the weight gets to be to much! Honestly if that happens. I had a bar stool I would rest the door on if I got tired. Then tried again. I def think I can make it work. Great video.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i'm assuming the bags are an extra accessory $

curious for storage ideas for the 2 door, or if you don't want to store them in the back of the 4 dr?

any genius home storage ideas?
They were when I did build and price a couple of months ago.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh, in every pic I've seen and this video they have the back section of the roof removed when storing the doors back there. I wonder if the roof HAS TO be removed to store the doors in the back, or if you can fit them with the roof on.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pardon me, but I've always found door storage in the cargo area to be gimmicky if the roof panels can't be stored as well. Will anyone ride with the doors off but the roof is on? I'm not sure about that
I will. Doors off is more fun the top off. And I leave the top on in the middle of summer, the Sun is just too much.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we think doors will fit in the cargo area with the slide out tailgate? It will lift the floor a good 4 inches.
I know it’s a concept, but the reveal one with the white roof had the slide out tailgate and they were showing the 4 doors in the back. Seems like it cleared the rollbar just fine

Huh, in every pic I've seen and this video they have the back section of the roof removed when storing the doors back there. I wonder if the roof HAS TO be removed to store the doors in the back, or if you can fit them with the roof on.
I think they probably just have it off to more easily show you how to attach the straps and such. The opening for the lift glass is pretty large so I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get the doors in.

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok..9 pages and only 20% of it actually has to do with the doors. Killing me here.

So 3 things that I noticed...

1) why do the door bags not include a little pocket for the hardware bolts? Easy peazy.

2) i swear original videos stated that the door removal was supposed to be a single rod? You open the door, unhook the electric, pull out a single long pin and done? Now I need a socket wrench?

3) where are all these bags and strap systems supposed to be stored? Do they fit under the back "Trunk" flap when not in use?
The bags and strap system probably could all fit one bag pro
The bags I would just see if they fit in each other but they would not take up much space indivalely laying upright against one side.The strap system would probably fit in one of the bags or just leave in the cargo area somewhere.
The two eye bolts that screw in to the roll cage I would just leave in the center consoul under the arm rest.
I think they do as they don't seem higher then the roll cage but it could be tight especially with the optional cargo pull out tray.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm getting the soft top. I'm hoping we will have the same hardware connections for storage? And can I only remove the front doors and clip them in?

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For garage hanging, why not attach to the wall the same hardware (must be fabricated) that’s on the vehicle. Mount the door on the hardware and swing it “closed” so the door is safely parallel to the wall? Sounds like a nice aftermarket product!
Or trailer it. Could fabricate to carry entire roof and doors all within the 3500 limit (please note: no Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner or Roof Rack if you are running a 2.7l) and have it all with you at all times. Might feel like another Bronco is following you in your rear view mirror though.

20201219_112555.jpg

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quite a process for some but at least they designed the possibility
Sponsored